Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Buxton debacle.

+7
samhistory
Brian Handy
Baggiestour
brockmoor
Nath
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
11 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Buxton debacle Sun Nov 30 2014, 21:30

samhistory

samhistory

Ouch !!!! Rolling Eyes I'm off to listen to some Alice Cooper.

27The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 21:35

Jack

Jack
Admin

And then another £500 at the end of the season.

Not enough, but to say simply £500 is not true.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

28The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 21:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Baggiestour wrote:Sean £500.

Obviously plus sell on clause??!!

Speaking to a Worcester fan yesterday who said that no way will Sean be there next season and that he'll be at a league club.
What a shame our mob couldn't be more patient and cash in properly.
Pick your toys up and put them back in the cot.

29The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 22:15

Baggiestour

No, not the end of the season, Xmas.and there is no sell on clause

30The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 22:28

brockmoor

brockmoor

Baggiestour wrote:No, not the end of the season, Xmas.and there is no sell on clause

Sounds like Worcester will do very well out of Sean. I wonder what the return on investment will be.

£500 at Christmas, I bet Mr Chairman will be straight up to 'Fences R Us' for the Boxing Day Sales!

#justjokin

31The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 22:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

brockmoor wrote:
Baggiestour wrote:No, not the end of the season, Xmas.and there is no sell on clause

Sounds like Worcester will do very well out of Sean. I wonder what the return on investment will be.

£500 at Christmas, I bet Mr Chairman will be straight up to 'Fences R Us' for the Boxing Day Sales!

#justjokin

No you ay joking Neil.
You've only put that in case he tries to get the forum closed down again.

Only joking.

32The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 22:49

Nath

Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:

#justjokin

No you ay joking Neil.
You've only put that in case he tries to get the forum closed down again.

Only joking.

Did that really happen? I'm staggered if that is the case. It is an independent forum, the views expressed on here are purely opinions and aren't in any way official views of the club or anyone from the club. It is in danger becoming like a dictatorship if the powers that be have tried to shut down the forum. Bloody hell, you should see the Albion forum at the moment! Imagine the uproar if Jeremy Peace attempted to shut that down! If people don't agree with things on forum that's fine, it is their opinion and entitled to it, same as we are entitled to ours! As I said on another thread, it would be a sad state of affairs if nobody was allowed to have differing views on something that obviously people care a great deal about and are passionate about. It is perfectly healthy to have disagreements and debates and to share this without worrying what people might think. It is often the case that most things actually get sorted out better and things improved on by having such debates. The club advertising the discussion evening on Thursday being a prime example of this.

33The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 23:02

Devil's Advocate

Sean was watched by Reading and Sheff Utd yesterday but we made him scapegoat for Workington when plenty of us know why the performance was so lethargic that day by other members of the team Mad

Much as i like Sean i won't be able to support him if he joins that bunch of tossers at Sheff Utd..sorry Sean,what with being an Albion fan and with the Ched Evan's stuff i'd like to see them cease to exist,nothing personal you understand.

I wonder if Worcester will sell him for £750 with £750 to follow?

Probably the worst piece of business ever done by Stour in the entirety of the clubs history.

Gary made a very interesting comment in the local paper after Sean left,he said that he went to Worcester with his "best wishes" and that after three years at Stour he'd reached his "sell by date."

At what stage at a particular club does anyone involved reach their "sell by date?

I thought it a strange comment to be honest for quite a few reasons.

Thoughts?

34The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 23:02

Jack

Jack
Admin

No-one from the club at any point has tried to get the forum closed down. Fact.

That was nipped in the bud quickly.

35The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 23:04

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:No-one from the club at any point has tried to get the forum closed down. Fact.

Confused.com

How can something that didn't happen be "nipped in the bud quickly?

Is that what they call an "oxymoron?

36The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 23:06

Jack

Jack
Admin

Replying to Nathan's post.

37The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Sun Nov 30 2014, 23:06

Nath

Jack wrote:No-one from the club at any point has tried to get the forum closed down. Fact.

Thanks for clearing that up Jack, like I said, I would have been staggered if that actually was the case.

38The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 07:15

Baggiestour

What's worrying at present is the fact that 12 months ago drew, who was struggling to get into the team is now getting more man of the match votes than anyone else, apart from McCone.
Also deano is getting plenty of votes.
This really States how the standard of the team has gone down hill over the last 18 months.the buck stops with the manager ( not with the captain)

39The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 07:43

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Now who was it again who said " the buck stops with the captain"?
Wasn't it the same person who was "furious" with some of the posts and was going to approach admin to get it the forum closed down?

40The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 08:23

Baggiestour

Errr, yep.
If they don't lije the comments they shouldn't read them.this is for the fans to talk.

41The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 09:27

Jack

Jack
Admin

Tricky Tree wrote:Now who was it again who said " the buck stops with the captain"?
Wasn't it the same person who was "furious" with some of the posts and was going to approach admin to get it the forum closed down?

Evidently not as no-one has came to me to close this. I don't know where you've dreamt this from, but it's 100% incorrect. On the way back from Market Drayton Andy and myself spent a good 40 minutes discussing ways I could get involved with the club on social media. At NO point did he say instead of the forum. He actually said as WELL as the forum. The issue he, Gary and the staff have with this place is that they do not hide. Home and away they are in the bar, 150 club there as well, now Thursday night. If you have an issue go and speak to them, if you choose to ignore them don't come on here and in some cases make up stuff. It's keyboard warriors at it's glorified best.

This isn't a dictatorship, you can put (within reason) what you put. They don't care. What they would prefer is instead of venting your issue on here, you actually go and see them. They'll tell you as much as they can. Because believe me, even in the Geddes affair, there are 2 sides to every story!

42The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 10:38

Nath

Jack wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:Now who was it again who said " the buck stops with the captain"?

Evidently not as no-one has came to me to close this. I don't know where you've dreamt this from, but it's 100% incorrect. On the way back from Market Drayton Andy and myself spent a good 40 minutes discussing ways I could get involved with the club on social media. At NO point did he say instead of the forum. He actually said as WELL as the forum. The issue he, Gary and the staff have with this place is that they do not hide. Home and away they are in the bar, 150 club there as well, now Thursday night. If you have an issue go and speak to them, if you choose to ignore them don't come on here and in some cases make up stuff. It's keyboard warriors at it's glorified best.

This isn't a dictatorship,  you can put (within reason) what you put. They don't care.  What they would prefer is instead of venting your issue on here, you actually go and see them. They'll tell you as much as they can. Because believe me, even in the Geddes affair, there are 2 sides to every story!

I agree with this to an extent. If people have serious issues that they would like to see action taken on then of course the best way to approach that is to directly speak with the powers that be. If though on the other hand fans just want to express opinions between themselves then the forum is a perfectly acceptable place to do that.

43The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 10:41

Jack

Jack
Admin

It is 100% acceptable. Hence why the club are more than happy to have it in place. Very Happy

44The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 10:47

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:It is 100% acceptable. Hence why the club are more than happy to have it in place. Very Happy

So no need to moan about people complaining on here then.

45The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 11:33

stoursi

As for a match report from someone who was there I think that the official report is fair comment on the game.

46The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 12:44

Jack

Jack
Admin

Tricky Tree wrote:
Jack wrote:It is 100% acceptable. Hence why the club are more than happy to have it in place. Very Happy

They moan when people blatantly lie and don't actually go to them about stuff. Which i actually think is perfectly reasonable.

47The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 13:05

glassboypaul

stoursi wrote:As for a match report from someone who was there I think that the official report is fair comment on the game.

What were your thoughts on the game Stour Si?

48The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 14:01

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

They moan when people blatantly lie and don't actually go to them about stuff. Which i actually think is perfectly reasonable.

I've not blatantly lied,I'm going on what I've been told my several people.

49The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 14:04

Jack

Jack
Admin

I didn't say you specifically lied. Not a clue how any of these several people would have a clue what goes on with regards to the forum that only I run. The people who have told you whatever they have, are the liers I'm referring to.

50The Buxton debacle. - Page 2 Empty Re: The Buxton debacle. Mon Dec 01 2014, 17:01

Baggiestour

Please tell us who you think the liars are jack.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum