Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buxton at home

+12
Jane.N
oldhillglassboy
stoursi
Stourman1
brockmoor
Baggiestour
Tricky Tree
Aled
bulla
baz
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Buxton at home Empty Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 13:55

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Here's hoping we can put on a decent performance and get a win in our last home game of the season.

Need another Drew "Messi" Canavan free kick or two.

COYG

http://www.nibadges.com

2Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 14:29

Devil's Advocate

If we bring our home shirt with us can we have a game? Mad Laughing

3Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 14:31

baz

Can't we have the Charity game Stour players play Saturday instead of Sunday!

4Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 15:41

Devil's Advocate

baz wrote:Can't we have the Charity game Stour players play Saturday instead of Sunday!

Can i play in goal? cheers

I am injured btw Shocked Laughing

5Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 16:01

baz

Sicknote lol

6Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 20:32

bulla

Cannot believe Gary as left Deano out for the last game of the season at home so he could thank the fans for there support but what do yu expect with a manager who as brought 50 plus players this season he couldn't pick a pair of socks to put on never mind pick a side that's why the players won't give him 100% joke time to go Hackett

7Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 20:32

bulla

Cannot believe Gary as left Deano out for the last game of the season at home so he could thank the fans for there support but what do yu expect with a manager who as brought 50 plus players this season he couldn't pick a pair of socks to put on never mind pick a side that's why the players won't give him 100% joke time to go Hackett

8Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 20:36

Aled

Laugh a minute on here again, moaning even before the game. Dean gets dropped and folks moan, yet at the same time he's accused of picking all his favourites.

9Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 21:08

bulla

Because that's what he does some players am bullet proof weather they play good or shit get real

10Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 21:33

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I have to say Aled that Deans old man does have a very valid point.

11Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 21:41

Baggiestour

Deano, Knights and Leon have been stours best players this season.
If Hackett had given the young goalie a chance we could all understand it.what a way to treat a player that on the whole as been very good for stour over the last two seasons.
Man management skills from Gary is nil at best,why oh why doesn't he do us all a favour and do one.he makes stour a feckin soap opera week in week out.

12Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 21:43

Baggiestour

I wonder who he will pick in goal tues at FC United,maybe benbow or fordy

13Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 22:24

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Baggiestour wrote:I wonder who he will pick in goal tues at FC United,maybe benbow or fordy

Well it won't be Lewis because he can't travel.

14Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 22:30

brockmoor

brockmoor

Tuesdays goalkeeper

15Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 22:35

Baggiestour

Brockmoor, that's so funny, fair play

16Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 22:39

Devil's Advocate

If TCP was manager the cat would never get a game!

17Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 22:45

Aled

With respect, Dean was also a regular even when he was having a mare earlier this season. When Solly wasn't brought back into the side after his injury, everyone whinged because Solly was held in higher regard. I understand the reasons behind wanting Dean back tomorrow, particularly from his dad, but Gary is the manager and he makes the decisions.

What continually frustrates me, is that no-one say's a dickie bird on here all week, someone posts a thread for tomorrow's game, and it rapidly descends into slagging off the team. and in particular GH within two posts.

We know this season is gone, but this clamour for sacking him is relentless. I asked the question last week and got no response so i'll ask it again:

Gary get's sacked tomorrow...who do you want the club to bring in....if anyone suggests Holleran, I may start to weep uncontrollably!

18Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 23:02

Baggiestour

Holleran is worse than Hackett.
Everything as a shelf life, in hacketts words.well he's had is.time for change unfortunately.
We use 50 players in a season but he thinks by changing the keeper will make things better, unreal.
Benbow 25 games on the trot 1 goal, hardly any clean sheets, no creativity, no passion,very little commitment.how many of the players they've brought into the club have been watched? I'm confident that it is below 5.
Attendances have dropped alarmingly because of the dross that is being played, which means the playing budget will probably be cut.he can't get em playing good football when he's paying the wages he is so what will happen if he has to start paying less.
Richard sneekes for me.they enjoy playing for him,he has a smaller budget than stour and they are higher in the league,no brainer

19Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Fri Apr 17 2015, 23:27

Aled

Richard Sneekes. Ok, know little about him apart from being an ex Baggie.

So, he's got Rushall to mid table, what else has he achieved in management. Genuine question, because I don't know.

20Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 00:52

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:Richard Sneekes. Ok, know little about him apart from being an ex Baggie.

So, he's got Rushall to mid table, what else has he achieved in management. Genuine question, because I don't know.

First season as a manager i believe Aled.

Sneekes is the youngest player ever to play in the Ajax first team,he came through their world renowned kids set up from the age of 11 so he had a fantastic football education.

I was privaledged to have watched him play for Albion for five years and without doubt,he was the most talented player to pull on an Albion shirt during a wasteland of years from the mid 80's until the early 2000's,in his pomp he'd push the best i've ever seen in an Albion shirt going back to the early 70's,he was an incredibly intelligent player perhaps just lacking a yard of pace but lightening quick in the brain department.

I've also met him in person and he's a great guy with some really interesting thought's on the game and tactics etc.

Non of the above necessarily make him better than Gary of course Aled but i just thought i'd give you some background on what i know of him.

How much are your pitchforks by the way? Laughing

21Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 07:34

Aled

Don't think I've bought enough mate!

Thanks for the info, undoubtedly a good player, but as you say, he remains unproven as a manager. Clearly looks a good prospect, but who's to say he'd leave Rushall? If it's his first season, I'd argue he's got unfinished business there.

Who else springs to mind? We could get pisser back : )

22Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 18:13

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Couldn't make today's game but my pitch side reporter informs me it wasn't too clever.
Any reports folks?

23Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 18:18

Aled

According to Facebook everyone should be sacked, or shot, of both ; )

24Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 18:26

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

You're my favourite on here Aled.

25Buxton at home Empty Re: Buxton at home Sat Apr 18 2015, 18:45

Devil's Advocate

Too good for them Aled.

The manager and coaching staff should be all tied to a chair and made to watch the match again and again on a continuous loop until they crack and hand in their cards.

It was a directionless shambles,if the season was a couple of matches longer we'd be relegated.

This side WILL get relegated next season.

I see we have yet another new "coach",some geezer from Chasetown I'm told,why though,it's not as if we are short of people of a supposed coaching capacity.

Maybe it's an attempt to try and match the number of players we've got through this season!

Without a massive rethink in terms of coaching and playing staff I think we're relegation favourites for next season,this season has been a total shambles.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum