Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Buxton Home

+2
baz
Brian Handy
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Buxton Home Empty Buxton Home Sat Mar 26 2016, 22:21

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows:

SEAN GEDDES 13 votes

Dan Scarr. 7

Leon Broadhurst. 6

Justin Richards. 3

Karl Hawley
Brian Smikle. } 2
Stuart Pierpoint

Matt Dodd
Chris Lait. } 1

2 votes outstanding

ANDY POUNTNEY won the wine

Thanks to everyone who took part

2Buxton Home Empty Re: Buxton Home Sun Mar 27 2016, 10:02

baz

Well done to the lads for sticking to the task and getting a result,not sure who the village idiot was yesterday!

3Buxton Home Empty Buxton Home Sun Mar 27 2016, 10:28

redpike

Mainly due to the weather, the first half was one to be forgotten with neither side able to adapt to the conditions. The second period started in the same vein but, with a poor Buxton side offering little, Gary's decision to go 3 - 5 - 2, albeit sacrificing the unfortunate Kristian, was justified in that everything seemed to fit into place. We started to play football and the inevitable goals came.

Pleased that Justin has ended his barren spell and that he'll be more confident with taking chances. The ovation he received when subbed proves that his hard work is appreciated.

Sean had his best home game since returning. Even though they play slightly different roles, perhaps Tom's inclusion raised Sean's natural competitive nature.

Although ''The Roffle Mon''s PA humour went down well with the locals, Clive's experience and professionalism was missed.

Was impressed with Joe's attitude at half and full time in that, even though he was unused, he alone was determined to keep warm and fit.

Monday's game at Halesowen will be tough, as they always are and even though it's not very often that a team beats the same team three times in a season, I'm confident that our experienced players will not allow a repeat of last season.

4Buxton Home Empty Re: Buxton Home Sun Mar 27 2016, 12:59

Old Codger

First half was awful, although the weather obviously didn't help. Second half after the changes we were much much better.
Agree about Sean, the inclusion of Tom in front of the back 3 gave Sean room to play his natural game and boy did it show. Even at this late stage of the season we are still learning new things about this excellent bunch of players that Gary had assembled.
Justin played well again but I can't help feel that Ashley deserves a start  as he always makes a good impression when he does come on. I'd love to see him alongside Hitman Hawley just to see how they work together.
Dan never put a foot wrong all day & was my man of the match, The skipper came very close to taking one of their guys out early doors right on our pen area....a split second sooner with that challenge & he could so easily have been walking !!
8 to go & all to play for......COYG !

5Buxton Home Empty Re: Buxton Home Sun Mar 27 2016, 14:31

Jack

Jack
Admin

It's no secret that I'm a Tonks fan but I thought we were a different beast when he came on. As has been said it allowed Sean further forward and for the first time for me, we saw the proper Sean. He was excellent.

I have no idea how we'll line up tomorrow. I'd certainly play the 3-5-2.

Personally I'd go
Gould

Hull, Stu & Dan
Green, Tonks, Leon, Matt
Sean
Justin & Karl

Harsh on Laity & Brian but we've a lot of games to go still. Tonks is a must purely to allow Sean a larger influence.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

6Buxton Home Empty Re: Buxton Home Sun Mar 27 2016, 20:08

Devil's Advocate

I like that formation Jack but I'm amazed that anyone could put Dodd ahead of Lait.

Dodd's end product is virtually non exsistant,yesterday he looked like he was playing in clowns shoes!

Why does he think he has to beat the man three times or even beat the man at all,the best wide players get the ball in early like Lait does on many occasions?

Management should be drilling into Dodd that he needs to provide earlier service for the forward players.

I agree that Vincent is getting a bit of a raw deal as well.

It would be unfortunate for Junior to miss out but he's a great team player and would be good to bring on after 60 minutes.

7Buxton Home Empty Re: Buxton Home Sun Mar 27 2016, 22:46

Jack

Jack
Admin

Devil's Advocate wrote:I like that formation Jack but I'm amazed that anyone could put Dodd ahead of Lait.

Dodd's end product is virtually non exsistant,yesterday he looked like he was playing in clowns shoes!

Why does he think he has to beat the man three times or even beat the man at all,the best wide players get the ball in early like Lait does on many occasions?

Management should be drilling into Dodd that he needs to provide earlier service for the forward players.

I agree that Vincent is getting a bit of a raw deal as well.

It would be unfortunate for Junior to miss out but he's a great team player and would be good to bring on after 60 minutes.

I'm not fussed which one it is, but I knew Dodd would get a reaction out of you!! Very Happy

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

8Buxton Home Empty Re: Buxton Home Sun Mar 27 2016, 23:50

Devil's Advocate

I actually think Dodd has a lot to offer but he needs coaching guidance and to take a close look at his own game Jack.

Sometimes "less is more" as the saying goes,he's overdoing it,over complicating things to the point where he's disappearing up his own jacksy!

On Saturday someone ( might've been you ) suggested trying him down the middle and at times that might be worth a try as I think he'd be less likely to overplay.

If he could whip crosses in earlier he'd be far more dangerous especially if he mixed up his play more,at the moment he's too obvious and easy to play against.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum