Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Northern Premier 2016/17

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Northern Premier 2016/17 Empty Northern Premier 2016/17 Sun May 15 2016, 09:24

stour_boy

stour_boy

Surprised no-one has yet commented on us staying North.

Barring no last minute changes, it looks like a more straightforward 6 out, 6 in. Must say I'm much more pleased about the prospect of playing the promoted clubs than the relegated ones - have rarely enjoyed playing Hednesford, and going to Corby is well, Corby like.

Full line-up is:

Ashton United
Barwell
Blyth Spartans
Buxton
Coalville Town (P)
Corby Town (R)
Frickley Athletic
Grantham Town
Halesowen Town
Hednesford Town (R)
Ilkeston
Marine
Matlock Town
Mickleover Sports
Nantwich Town
Rushall Olympic
Skelmersdale United
Spennymoor Town (P)
Stafford Rangers (P)
STOURBRIDGE
Sutton Coldfield Town
Warrington Town (P)
Whitby Town
Workington

Stafford should be a very well supported home and away game, and I've not been before so that should be one to look forward to.

Spennymoor had a great set of supporters when they came down last season, so I will be pencilling in a trip up there when the fixtures come out.

Already been to Coalville, but Warrington should be a decent trip as well. Will DTG be able to pull off a football and rugby league double one wonders?

My plan is to prioritise away games where I haven't been to the ground before. Because when you've been to Grantham once, you really don't want to go again...

2Northern Premier 2016/17 Empty Re: Northern Premier 2016/17 Sun May 15 2016, 22:43

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

stour_boy wrote:

Already been to Coalville, but Warrington should be a decent trip as well. Will DTG be able to pull off a football and rugby league double one wonders?

Already did that in 2006!

The ins and outs do mean that our overall mileage will be somewhat reduced next season, which has to be good news.

And definitely agree about Grantham!

3Northern Premier 2016/17 Empty Re: Northern Premier 2016/17 Sat May 21 2016, 10:28

sirsmileriiii

Coalville is easy to get to by bus & train, as I did it twice during our Alliance days. Just make sure you go to the correct bus station in Leicester, as there are 2 Wink

4Northern Premier 2016/17 Empty Re: Northern Premier 2016/17 Wed Jun 08 2016, 19:40

stour_boy

stour_boy

Been to Coalville but on a bus from Loughborough!

Positive that Stamford have replaced Corby; I'm not overly devastated by the news...

5Northern Premier 2016/17 Empty Re: Northern Premier 2016/17 Wed Jun 08 2016, 20:15

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

stour_boy wrote:Positive that Stamford have replaced Corby; I'm not overly devastated by the news...

Indifferent either way TBH. They're both in the middle of nowhere.

6Northern Premier 2016/17 Empty Re: Northern Premier 2016/17 Thu Jun 09 2016, 11:00

stour_boy

stour_boy

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Positive that Stamford have replaced Corby; I'm not overly devastated by the news...

Indifferent either way TBH. They're both in the middle of nowhere.

Stamford being much more salubrious, however Smile

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum