Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016-17 Pre season friendlies - Leaminton away.

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Devil's Advocate

A good turnout by our fans with maybe 40-50 of us attending.

A very competitive match and a very good display from Stour,surprisingly good considering new players and youngsters making debuts.

ALL the new players did well,Duggan,Heath and Birch were excellent and defensively we looked more rugged and compact with Duggan's physicality and desire.

A real prospect up front as well with the young lad who came on,apologies for not being sure of his name,was it Hague?

Good movement,a turn of pace and great strength for a youngster,he caused them some real problems,this kid could be a real wildcard for us so I hope we use him more wisely than we did Jordan Murphy.

A very promising start to a new campaign,it looks like we are taking things very seriously this pre season and on first impressions we look to have a very strong squad.

stour_boy

stour_boy

It was indeed Hague.

Enjoyed today immensely - catching up with people I haven't seen for a while, nice day and a great performance - always nice to beat Leamington!

The difference was us being far more clinical in front of goal - I thought Leamington were a disappointing to be honest but they did have a fair few chances up until the third goal going in after which we looked totally comfortable - but their finishing was poor. Rowe was absolutely anonymous in the first half. We took our chances when they came their way and it was a thoroughly deserved win in the end.

All of the new players looked promising - Birch is apparently one of Jamie Insall's mates, who believes he is a
top prospect.

Roll on Friday which is the double whammy of fixture release and Stourport away!

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum