Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

2016 - 2017 Fixtures

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

12016 - 2017 Fixtures Empty 2016 - 2017 Fixtures Fri Jul 15 2016, 10:12

Jane.N

You may want to move this Jack if you are setting up a new section for this season... Smile

So thoughts on the fixtures out today?

Notable ones are obviously the switch for the Derby - not very happy people out there on twitter and facebook land.

I have always preferred the southern league ( Wink ) but people always managed to convince me that the northern league were more accommodating and listened to the clubs wishes - what went wrong this season then?? I cant believe that either club would have requested this despite the headaches that sorting stewards and looking after the mindless drunken day trippers caused. I can imagine some well peed off chairman's and committees this morning.

Should make for some interesting chat at tonights game.

On the other hand, I quite fancy a Christmas eve game at Hednesford - can't see there being much seasonal goodwill though!  Very Happy

22016 - 2017 Fixtures Empty ilson fan Fri Jul 15 2016, 11:08

kevilsonlad

hi guys us ilson fans are really looking forward to our game at yours on the sat 20th , I expect our supporters coach to be full plus a few more coming down. Altho its not our first away match of the season as we have Whitby away mid week I think our game with you will be one the fans will put their names down for. I have been to your ground twice , one in the cup game a few years back ( god how time flies ) and last seasons game . I think we made a bit of noise that night maybe it was because of the result or that great Sunbeam pale ale ( is that a regular beer ?) coz that went down very well. On both occasions you gave us a great welcome , another reason for coming down and meeting you again.
I think you have a great fixtures to the start to the season what with Warrington away (newbie) then your great friends Laughing Hednesford at home , then of course US Ilkeston fc Very Happy .
All the best for the season guys

talk to you soon
kevilsonlad

please have a look on our forum if you wish to do so .
[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

32016 - 2017 Fixtures Empty Re: 2016 - 2017 Fixtures Sat Jul 16 2016, 00:39

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Thoughts on the fixtures? Well, we play everyone home and away! Beyond that never really minded in which order they come in.

Frickley away on a Tuesday night seems a bit bonkers especially when we've got Matlock and Mickleover on Saturdays. But, that one apart all of the other midweek games are within a reasonable distance -I think Corby's the furthest and that's only about 70 miles. Let's not forget the Southern League used to give us long midweek trips to Hungerford, Biggleswade and the hellhole that is Burnham.

The only other contentious issue is the bizarre decision to play games on Christmas Eve - can't imagine these will get much of a crowd.

42016 - 2017 Fixtures Empty Re: 2016 - 2017 Fixtures Sat Jul 16 2016, 00:55

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Also, will be the first time in 25 years I've been supporting an away team in Warrington!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum