Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leek Town - League Cup

+14
UlsterJim
Brian Handy
Dave the Glassboy
baz
sirsmileriiii
flexcavana
Devil's Advocate
Aled
glassboypaul
Tricky Tree
oldhillglassboy
Nath
Jack
stour_boy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down  Message [Page 3 of 3]

51Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:42

glassboypaul

Surely joining in with FC United chants equals supporting them?

If Halesowen fans sing a song about Rooney or Mata on Boxing Day would you join in? Would you care if we lost to them if the youthful players did well?

52Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:50

Jack

Jack
Admin

An FC United chant first sung by United, about City. I may have also hummed along to an anti Glazer chant. Whoops!
Ultimately, they are reds. I'm a red.
They hate Malcolm Glazer, I hate Malcolm Glazer.
They stand for everything I stand for getting OUR football club back. Do I want FC to do well? Yes. I want Stour to Win the league and FC join us through the play offs.  My uncle for one has a lot of respect for FC and also hummed along. Is that a crime?

I apologise if that's too much for you, if you tell me how to support my team, I'll look into that? Seeing as you saw me urging FC on at every single opportunity youll have also seen me celebrate Stours goals?

What a silly question. Of course I wouldn't sing along....If it was up to me Rooney wouldn't even be at the club.

Last edited by Jack on Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:10; edited 1 time in total

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

53Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:02

stoursi

We should be looking to win every game with whatever side we put out.

Thought both teams were not that convincing they wanted to win the game. Certainly Leek had more possession than us.

Thought Josh took his goal well, showed he has pace but there again he wouldn't get that much space in a league game as it has shown in games this season. He needs to play out wide where he has a bit more time and space. Think that is the reason McPike looks like he is perhaps the better player. Thought Grainger competed quite well. Looking at all three though they don't seem to be strong enough for our league level yet. We must try and find something in between or we just let them go and play somewhere else for a time until they become older. Surely that's a waste of a youth team.

Yes we should have seen out the game but perhaps a draw was a fair result in the end.

However we should have had a penalty.

Looking at the penalties he did seem Dean had decided we didn't want to progress to the next round as he didn't make much effort to save one.

54Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:12

Jane.N

Of course we want to win, but if you lose and there are positives then surely that's good.

Don't forget the club dropped out of this competition by choice last year and I guess would have done again this season if allowed, it shows they are not too bothered.

I don't like losing any game but there is an order of games I want to win and I that's the same for everyone.

I feel like I have skipped a couple of pages regarding the United comments tbh and anyone questioning jacks loyalty to stour is a little offensive to him. Tricky was also singing the songs and he hates united!!

Last edited by Jane.N on Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:14; edited 1 time in total

55Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:13

Jane.N

brockmoor wrote:
Jack wrote:I don't think it is at all.

It's okay to moan when we win.
Its okay to moan when we lose.
It's not okay to find positives when we lose.

So basically, moan moan moan the club can do no right. Ever.

Jeeze Jack,

You lost your favourite biro or something today? Wink

Laughing Very Happy

56Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:24

Devil's Advocate

Jane.N wrote:Of course we want to win, but if you lose and there are positives then surely that's good.

Don't forget the club dropped out of this competition by choice last year and I guess would have done again this season if allowed, it shows they are not too bothered.

I don't like losing any game but there is an order of games I want to win and I that's the same for everyone.

I feel like I have skipped a couple of pages regarding the United comments tbh and anyone questioning jacks loyalty to stour is a little offensive to him. Tricky was also singing the songs and he hates united!!

Tricky hates everything Laughing Razz

57Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:28

Jane.N

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Jane.N wrote:Of course we want to win, but if you lose and there are positives then surely that's good.

Hmmm, very true.
Devil, jack has text you from me! Very Happy

58Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 16:48

Devil's Advocate

Jane.N wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:

Hmmm, very true.
Devil, jack has text you from me! Very Happy

Thanks Jane i've just read it but alas i'm very happily married Embarassed

Only joking,much appreciated though Laughing Laughing

59Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 17:15

Baggiestour

Whilst I am a big critic of the management in the past I for one am pleased that they play youth in these types of games, it's the only chance they get for a proper run out, I much prefer to see them played in these types of games than loan them out to gornal, Evesham etc.for once GH , we'll done, result was still shit though

60Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 17:52

Nath

Jack wrote:An FC United chant first sung by United,  about City. I may have also hummed along to an anti Glazer chant. Whoops!
They stand for everything I stand for getting OUR football club back. Do I want FC to do well? Yes. I want Stour to Win the league and FC join us through the play offs.  My uncle for one has a lot of respect for FC and also hummed along. Is that a crime?

I apologise if that's too much for you, if you tell me how to support my team, I'll look into that? Seeing as you saw me urging FC on at every single opportunity youll have also seen me celebrate Stours goals?

What a silly question. Of course I wouldn't sing along....If it was up to me Rooney wouldn't even be at the club.

Very strong words there Jack. You don't find any of that hatred on here, just reasonably,articulately worded discussions and debate. As far as I'm aware, nobody has come on here declaring they hate Andy Pountney! Definitely pot calling the kettle black with this one Jack.

61Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 17:53

Jack

Jack
Admin

Eh?

62Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 17:58

Nath

Jack wrote:Eh?

You go on and on about how some of our fans can never see any good in our board of directors and that they shouldn't say this about them and they shouldn't say that and then here you are saying you HATE the chairman of the football club that you support! Staggering.

63Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 18:00

Jane.N

Malcolm glazer and Andy pountney are not the same person nath! Wink

64Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 18:11

Nath

Jane.N wrote:Malcolm glazer and Andy pountney are not the same person nath! Wink

I know that, it was written slightly tongue in cheek! I was just trying to emphasise that despite all the moans and grumbles people like to have on here occasionally, things never get that bad do they and no nobody actually despises anybody at our club.

65Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 18:12

Jack

Jack
Admin

Nath wrote:

You go on and on about how some of our fans can never see any good in our board of directors and that they shouldn't say this about them and they shouldn't say that and then here you are saying you HATE the chairman of the football club that you support! Staggering.

1) I've never said what anyone can and can't say.
2) Malcolm Glazer isn't the chairman of our club. He's dead.
3) Malcolm Glazer never was the chairman.
4) Malcolm Glazer took money OUT of the club, to buy the club, crippling us with upto £750,000,000 worth of debt.
5) Andy Poutney has NEVER done that.
6) Andy Poutney since being chairman has increased our budget.
7) Before the Glazer regime United spent around 25% of their income on players. Under Glazer 10%

Malcolm Glazer, and his family are parasites who have and are sucking the blood out of my football club. YES, I DO hate them. How it can be even slightly argued that Poutney and Glazer can be on the same playing field, thus criticism of the one and not condoning the other is hypocrisy, I really struggle to fathom. Do I think Andy Poutney makes every decision with the good of Stour at the top of his priority? Yes. Does he make every call right? No of course not, but no-one does. Does/Did Malcolm Glazer put United first? No. Never once.

Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Laughing

66Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 18:22

Nath

Jack wrote:
Nath wrote:

1) I've never said what anyone can and can't say.
2) Malcolm Glazer isn't the chairman of our club. He's dead.
3) Malcolm Glazer never was the chairman.
4) Malcolm Glazer took money OUT of the club, to buy the club, crippling us with upto £750,000,000 worth of debt.
5) Andy Poutney has NEVER done that.
6) Andy Poutney since being chairman has increased our budget.
7) Before the Glazer regime United spent around 25% of their income on players. Under Glazer 10%

Malcolm Glazer, and his family are parasites who have and are sucking the blood out of my football club. YES, I DO hate them. How it can be even slightly argued that Poutney and Glazer can be on the same playing field, thus criticism of the one and not condoning the other is hypocrisy, I really struggle to fathom. Do I think Andy Poutney makes every decision with the good of Stour at the top of his priority? Yes. Does he make every call right? No of course not, but no-one does. Does/Did Malcolm Glazer put United first? No. Never once.

Evil or Very Mad Very Happy Laughing

You're totally missing my point. The whole sentiment I was trying to express is that NOBODY at Stourbridge hates or detests any of our committee members or management unlike obviously happens at other clubs. All I'm trying to say is that when you express your disapproval at some of the posters on here moaning and being critical, in the whole scheme of things, nobody's actually THAT bad are they.

67Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 18:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

Ahhh I see-gotcha!

True, but at the same time, what my overall point is, is that at times it comes across as if people post JUST to moan and JUST to have pot shots. People like DA are the first to stick the boot in, but also the first to praise. Some don't do that. Very Happy

Btw, check your Pm's Nath. Cool

68Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 19:20

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:An FC United chant first sung by United,  about City. I may have also hummed along to an anti Glazer chant. Whoops!

I wasn't humming along at all nory.....I actually sang the song with them.
I've been to many fc games the last few years and I've loved the whole atmosphere and I particularly enjoy that song.
We could certainly take a leaf out of their book when it comes to creating an atmosphere.

69Leek Town - League Cup - Page 3 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 19:33

Jack

Jack
Admin

I'm glad someone said it Tricky!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 3 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum