Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leek Town - League Cup

+14
UlsterJim
Brian Handy
Dave the Glassboy
baz
sirsmileriiii
flexcavana
Devil's Advocate
Aled
glassboypaul
Tricky Tree
oldhillglassboy
Nath
Jack
stour_boy
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Leek Town - League Cup Empty Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 19:34

stour_boy

stour_boy

Updates to follow shortly for those who can't make it

2Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 19:37

stour_boy

stour_boy

Tonight's team:

Coleman
Ramsey-Dickson
Geohaghon
McCone
Tye
Smikle
McPike
Till
Morgan-Parker
Grainger
Francis

3Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 19:38

stour_boy

stour_boy

Subs:

Bowerman
Benbow
Richards
Kalenda
Hill

4Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 20:44

stour_boy

stour_boy

0-0 HT

5Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 20:56

Jack

Jack
Admin

1-0 Josh

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

6Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:05

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-0 Morgan-Parker

7Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:13

stour_boy

stour_boy

Richards on for Till

8Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:26

stour_boy

stour_boy

Benbow on for Smikle

9Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:27

stour_boy

stour_boy

Bowerman on for McPike

10Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:42

stour_boy

stour_boy

1-1

11Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:43

stour_boy

stour_boy

Penalties

12Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:43

stour_boy

stour_boy

Attendance 146

13Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 21:56

stour_boy

stour_boy

Lost on penalties

14Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 22:26

Nath

Just about sums up the general apathy at the club at the moment. Nobody went, nobody gives a shit. I didn't even know there was a game on! I know it's only league cup, blah, blah, blah, but over the years the loyal, hardcore support have still all shown an interest. There seems nothing now and I think that is down to much more than people being annoyed at a few poor results and performances.

15Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 22:45

oldhillglassboy

I must confess to not being that bothered either way how this went at the start of the evening, but disapointing to concede the equaliser deep into injury time.

The first half was unispiring from both teams, Leek seemed the more likely to score but it had the feel of a friendly.  It needed a goal to spark something and that was worth the admission price, Morgan-Parker scoring the best goal i've seen this season, we where the better side after that with Mcpike playing well also and how on earth he didn't get what looked to me an obvious penalty, I don't know.  The referee seemed ready to blow but seemed to wait for the linesman's verdict! poor officiating.  Morgan parker should have had another just before the equaliser, sod's law.

I left at full time, didn't want to wait another half hour for the bus before thawing out! i'm not a fan of penalty shoot outs full stop, but it seems ridiculous to have no extra time in a cup match, I suppose it's the league's back handed way of recognising clubs don't want to play in these compititions any more.  

Overall a decent workout for some of the young players, thought the crowd was good considering the compitition, the cold and the Albion playing.

16Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 22:58

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nath wrote:Just about sums up the general apathy at the club at the moment. Nobody went, nobody gives a shit. I didn't even know there was a game on! I know it's only league cup, blah, blah, blah, but over the years the loyal, hardcore support have still all shown an interest. There seems nothing now and I think that is down to much more than people being annoyed at a few poor results and performances.

Yep.

17Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 23:18

glassboypaul

Another defeat to a side from the league below.

Awful and sickening to concede so late then to lose.

Will be tossing and turning over that later.

A competition we could have won.

Just sums everything up at the moment. We can't get any luck at all.

Frustrating. There is a general apathy at the moment, which is natural as some fans only come to see a side that is winning, or for a piss up etc.

156 hardy souls braved the elements which was good to see. Those are the real hard core fans.

18Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 23:27

Nath

As I've mentioned, I don't think the current apathy relates to whether the side is winning or not. I think the vast majority of the fans who are feeling pissed off with the way things are going would still be attending regardless of results if there wasn't other underlying concerns. I know a whole host of good, loyal,hard core support who along with myself watched the club week in week out home and away when results haven't been so good in years gone by.

19Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Tue Dec 02 2014, 23:53

Aled

I didn't go due to work, that said, I couldn't summon up much interest for this cup even if I could have been there. It's not apathy on my part, it's life.

I think there are still a lot of people who have to pick and choose due to expense too. No doubt some of the newer support stayed away because of what you are saying Nath, but then again, the floating support always will.

I'll be honest, some of the melodrama on here of late is bewildering me. Anywho, I'll be there on Saturday to chew the fat!

20Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:04

Nath

Aled wrote:I didn't go due to work, that said, I couldn't summon up much interest for this cup even if I could have been there. It's not apathy on my part, it's life.

I think there are still a lot of people who have to pick and choose due to expense too. No doubt some of the newer support stayed away because of what you are saying Nath, but then again, the floating support always will.

I'll be honest, some of the melodrama on here of late is bewildering me. Anywho, I'll be there on Saturday to chew the fat!

I'm not entirely sure that it's purely the newer support that is staying away. As you quite rightly say Aled, the newer support will always fluctuate and I've said on here over the last couple of days, I think the novelty will soon wear thin with a lot of them with no cup runs or promotion push to get excited about. My main concern is the seemingly large number of regulars, long standing supporters, who are feeling that disillusioned that they are attending much less frequently. These people are the ones who have watched Stour through all the not so good years and if THEY are stopping coming then it's obvious something is wrong.

21Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:10

Aled

But are the old guard staying away mate? I'm one of them, and can mention several others who attend less frequently, or pick and choose for reasons not related to SFC.

I'm coming on Saturday, because I know it's my last game before Boxing Day, which I definitely don't want to miss. Sometimes I have to choose my games based on what my weekends are booked up for, or because of work, kids clubs etc. If I had the choice between tonight or Boxing Day it's no contest.

22Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:22

Devil's Advocate

oldhillglassboy wrote:I must confess to not being that bothered either way how this went at the start of the evening, but disapointing to concede the equaliser deep into injury time.

The first half was unispiring from both teams, Leek seemed the more likely to score but it had the feel of a friendly.  It needed a goal to spark something and that was worth the admission price, Morgan-Parker scoring the best goal i've seen this season, we where the better side after that with Mcpike playing well also and how on earth he didn't get what looked to me an obvious penalty, I don't know.  The referee seemed ready to blow but seemed to wait for the linesman's verdict! poor officiating.  Morgan parker should have had another just before the equaliser, sod's law.

I left at full time, didn't want to wait another half hour for the bus before thawing out! i'm not a fan of penalty shoot outs full stop, but it seems ridiculous to have no extra time in a cup match, I suppose it's the league's back handed way of recognising clubs don't want to play in these compititions any more.  

Overall a decent workout for some of the young players, thought the crowd was good considering the compitition, the cold and the Albion playing.

Quite right OHGB,some of us poor sods went up the Albion Mad

Theres no escape for some of us at the moment.

23Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:26

Nath

Aled wrote:But are the old guard staying away mate? I'm one of them, and can mention several others who attend less frequently, or pick and choose for reasons not related to SFC.

I'm coming on Saturday, because I know it's my last game before Boxing Day, which I definitely don't want to miss. Sometimes I have to choose my games based on what my weekends are booked up for, or because of work, kids clubs etc. If I had the choice between tonight or Boxing Day it's no contest.

I totally understand your point and reasons, and yes, those reasons are no doubt why a lot of the old guard are indeed not attending as regularly as they would probably like to given different personal circumstances. I really hope you're right mate because when the newer support find something more interesting and entertaining to do on a Saturday afternoon rather than watch something that they might not be 100% interested in or committed to then the club will need the backing of the long standing fans more than ever.

24Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:30

Nath

Devil's Advocate wrote:
oldhillglassboy wrote:I must confess to not being that bothered either way how this went at the start of the evening, but disapointing to concede the equaliser deep into injury time.

Quite right OHGB,some of us poor sods went up the Albion Mad

Theres no escape for some of us at the moment.

Yes indeed Devil, at least at Stour we have got something that still just about resembles a football club, not some shitty 'corporate business' that Jeremy Peace seems hell bent on controlling for ever and a day.

25Leek Town - League Cup Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:36

Aled

There is nothing more entertaining to do on a Saturday afternoon than attend the mighty Glassblowers and rip the p@&s out of each other. All aboard! I love it when a plan comes together!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum