Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non-League Paper

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Non-League Paper Empty Non-League Paper Sat May 31 2014, 09:14

TRM

Announcing their Southern League "team of the Season" tomorrow, as voted for by the managers. Will any Stour players be in it?

Bound to be some stuff in about this week's reshuffle as well.

2Non-League Paper Empty Re: Non-League Paper Sat May 31 2014, 10:28

Jack

Jack
Admin

GK-Walker
Defenders-Not a clue. Allen is it from Hemel?

CM-Geddes
CM-Potton
LM-Hilliard
RM-Dunno

ST-Marriot
ST-Mackey/Roberts

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3Non-League Paper Empty Re: Non-League Paper Sat May 31 2014, 11:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

Imagine Purse will make it.

Frendo may just sneak in ahead of Marriot given that he fired them to promotion.

Will Spetch may be in the defence from Poole although he did leave them late in the season.

4Non-League Paper Empty Re: Non-League Paper Sat May 31 2014, 12:08

TRM

Can't argue with any of the names mentioned so far. Sean is the one obvious Stour player as I don't really remember too many other central midfielders as influential on their team as he was for us.

In any other season Luke might be in with a shout - he always gets mentioned by opposing managers as a real threat - but not against the competition from Marrioot, Roberts, Mackey and Frendo (and Dillon, for that matter). I'd also make an honourable shout for Yetton who scored lots for Weymouth in an average side, but he won't get a sniff for the same reason as Luke.

Ben might sneak in as a goal-scoring wide midfielder. As Jack has intimated, I can't think of too many others who impressed me in that sort of role. Pearce at Hemel, maybe? He's always impressed me but seemed to me more of a sub last season a lot of the time.

Can't see any of our defence making it, partly because we had so much chopping and changing and none of them played the full season. Maybe Will at a push, but there are probably others that will get the nod ahead of him. Murphy at Hemel is probably the one Jack is thinking of although I wasn't that impressed by him. Somebody from Hungerford, perhaps? They were a solid team defensively.

Keeper? Got to be Brownie, hasn't it! Just coz it's always got to be Brownie!

5Non-League Paper Empty Re: Non-League Paper Sun Jun 01 2014, 17:15

TRM

Sean made it onto the bench.

The full XI (4-3-3):

Walker (Hemel)

Jamie Whisken (Poole)
Darren Purse (Chesham)
Matty Day (Hungerford)
Lee Chappell (St Albans)

Jordan Parkes (Hemel)
Ram Marwa (St Albans)
Lewis Hilliard (St Neots)