Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Leek Town - League Cup

+14
UlsterJim
Brian Handy
Dave the Glassboy
baz
sirsmileriiii
flexcavana
Devil's Advocate
Aled
glassboypaul
Tricky Tree
oldhillglassboy
Nath
Jack
stour_boy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 00:52

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:There is nothing more entertaining to do on a Saturday afternoon than attend the mighty Glassblowers and rip the p@&s out of each other. All aboard! I love it when a plan comes together!

To be honest Aled,i now attend both Albion and Stour purely based on the quality of the fellow idiots around me and the terrific banter to feast upon,i've more or less given up on the football,maybe it's an age thing but the poor fare on show at both venues doesn't help at present.

I kid you not when i say that tonight at Albion i spent more time laughing with the good people around me along with running my internet business off my iPhone and checking my Ebay sales!

Never has football been quite so dull for me.

27Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 09:41

flexcavana

C'mon guys we're still in the world's greatest cup competition - the good old Worcestershire Senior cup. We always seem to do well at aggborough too!

28Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 11:30

Nath

flexcavana wrote:C'mon guys we're still in the world's greatest cup competition - the good old Worcestershire Senior cup. We always seem to do well at aggborough too!

I must admit, I do like Aggborough and we can get to perv on Mark Serrell's slutty looking Mrs too! Laughing

29Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 11:33

glassboypaul

The WSC isn't a proper competition and we should have won last n

30Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 11:40

Devil's Advocate

Nath wrote:
flexcavana wrote:C'mon guys we're still in the world's greatest cup competition - the good old Worcestershire Senior cup. We always seem to do well at aggborough too!

I must admit, I do like Aggborough and we can get to perv on Mark Serrell's slutty looking Mrs too! Laughing

You always seem to find a silver lining Nath Laughing

31Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 12:27

sirsmileriiii

Another obvious reason for attendances going down, is the fact that people have got less money and cannot afford to attend every game. And that is the main reason for me not going last night.

I would much rather save my money to be able to attend away matches in the league, rather than spend it on matches in a cup that is not as important in my opinion.

32Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 13:37

baz

Moving on to the match! Was a game of two halves,we looked a bit disjointed in the first half,scored in first minute of start of second half and should of wrapped up the win before their 90 minute equaliser! Few positives about the match,few youth team played and Luke Benbow had a run out and did look sharp!

33Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 16:25

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

THIRTY BLOODY SECONDS!

That's how long we had to hold out last and most teams would have had the ball down in the corner.

Instead we're giving away daft free kicks and faffing around at the back and wallop!

Should have won that comfortably.

34Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Wed Dec 03 2014, 17:57

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was:

JOSH MORGAN-PARKER 11 votes

Shane Grainger 6 votes
Lewis McPike 1 vote
Sam Tye 1 vote
Andre Francis 1 vote

Winner of the wine was DAVE GORTON

Thanks to all who took part.

35Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 10:07

glassboypaul

Still feeling sick about it this morning. I hate late goals. Totally avoidable it was and we could have gone on to win it.

This season could be a case of "what might have been".

Thoroughly dejected now ahead of the next two home games.

36Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 13:21

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Leek drawn away to Sutton Coldfield Town.

http://www.nibadges.com

37Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 13:22

Aled

They're welcome to it!

38Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 13:27

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Aled wrote:They're welcome to it!

My thoughts too.

http://www.nibadges.com

39Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 13:31

glassboypaul

Another winnable tie, we could have won that and then gone on to win the trophy.

WHY didn't we keep it in the corner for all of stoppage time? These are basics of the game that every team does.

Reminds me of the infamous 4-4 draw at Bashley when we basically handed them a point on a plate! Jan Coulston tried to beat about ten players and score a screamer in the 95th minute, loses it in a bad position, they go up the other end and score. Ridiculous. I ranted all the way home!

40Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 14:32

Jack

Jack
Admin

I'm amazed some people care about this enough to be annoyed. Some of the youngsters did well and Luke was back. Good evening imo.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

41Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 14:36

glassboypaul

A good evening and we lost the game in the dying seconds?

Maybe I just care too much about the club's fortunes :/

42Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 14:39

brockmoor

brockmoor

Yeah,

Lets be happy we lost (again).

Tell me Jack, if we lose Saturday or/and Boxing Day and some are annoyed, will you be surprised once more?

Rolling Eyes

43Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 14:41

glassboypaul

I can't understand the "don't care if we lose" attitude.

I find it even more difficult to comprehend not being bothered whether Stour or FC United won because someone is a Manchester United fan. Two different clubs.

If anything I was more pleased we won that game than probably any game this season since Ilkeston.

44Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:06

Jack

Jack
Admin

Yeah because a league game against our biggest rivals is really the same as playing Leek Town in a tinpot cup.

Who's this fan you talk of, Paul?

45Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:10

Jack

Jack
Admin

A league cup game I may add where a few young lads I'm led to believe did excellently well all things considered. There is more to football than just the result. Some were quick to criticise us beating the title favourites because of the performance. Yet when I suggest the performance of young lads in a pointless cup is good it gets shot down. Completely hypocritical, and again is just moaning for the sake of moaning.

46Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:18

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jack wrote:A league cup game I may add where a few young lads I'm led to believe did excellently well all things considered. There is more to football than just the result. Some were quick to criticise us beating the title favourites because of the performance. Yet when I suggest the performance of young lads in a pointless cup is good it gets shot down. Completely hypocritical, and again is just moaning for the sake of moaning.

#potkettleblack me thinks.

47Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:20

Jack

Jack
Admin

I don't think it is at all.

It's okay to moan when we win.
Its okay to moan when we lose.
It's not okay to find positives when we lose.

So basically, moan moan moan the club can do no right. Ever.

48Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:22

glassboypaul

Jack wrote:I don't think it is at all.

It's fine to find positives - there were positives, but you described it as an overall "good night" which I can't agree with - we lost.

Definitely pot kettle black.

There were a couple of Man Utd fans just by the segregation on the Stour fans side joining in their chants etc. Crazy in my opinion.

49Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

Not quite sure how its pot kettle black.

Oh, that will have been me. Humming to myself a United chant is hardly joining in. Is it? Which they where btw, first and foremost, UNITED chants. Not FC. However, that doesn't quite constitute not caring who wins, does it?

50Leek Town - League Cup - Page 2 Empty Re: Leek Town - League Cup Thu Dec 04 2014, 15:25

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jack wrote:I don't think it is at all.

Jeeze Jack,

You lost your favourite biro or something today? Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum