Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Barwell league cup

2 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Barwell league cup Empty Barwell league cup Tue Jan 10 2017, 23:33

stour_boy

stour_boy

Where did the 1,880 go? Very Happy

Considering Barwell fielded a very similar side to the one last Monday, I thought the whole team did brilliantly.

Jordan Archer was a particular standout, and his powerful running made both of our goals. First he burst through the defence, fed Canavan who crossed for Probert to bundle over the line, then another marauding run was ended by a scything challenge by the last man - he had to go and then Canavan rubbed salt in the wound with another superb free kick.

Great to see Chris Knight back - the back four of Wedderburn, Pierpoint, Knight and Smikle all played well. It was shame Smikle missed out in coming on at Wycombe so was good to see him get 90 minutes.

Gater and Heath played well in midfield, and Probert and Canavan did a lot of running on the wings.

Good to see some of the younger players get some much needed experience as well.

Still yet to be convinced in any way by Malhotra though - he does an awful lot of flapping and dawdling and his distribution isn't exactly great either. Still, can't argue with a clean sheet I suppose (but I would suggest Pierpoint and Knight had a lot more to do with that than the keeper did!)

With the top Premier Division clubs continuing to exit the competition stage left this is now a competition we could feasibly do very well in, and I hope, draw dependent, we continue to do well as we could go quite far.

Good of the Barwell regular keeper to come round to us and say how well we'd done at Wycombe.

2Barwell league cup Empty Re: Barwell league cup Tue Jan 10 2017, 23:57

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows

JORDAN ARCHER 7 votes

Drew Canavan
Connor Gator. }2
Chris Knight

Stuart Pierpoint 1

Wine was won by DAVE GORTON

Thanks to everyone who took part.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: