Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

North or South for 2014-2015 season?

+15
Jane.N
Tricky Tree
rasam
brockmoor
NickSFCB
UlsterJim
baz
oldhillglassboy
TRM
Jack
PhilC
stoursi
Dave the Glassboy
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
19 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 5]

NickSFCB

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Yeah I agree, worded my point badly before, I meant they will likely move Halesowen but then not reverse totally their previous decision by moving swapping us and Corby too. I would imagine they would stick to one move only (Halesowen).

Who's the northernmost of us and Halesowen? Looks like us on Google Maps. Or would it just come down to the fact that Halesowen were NPL last season so they'd be moved "back"?

I think if they only moved one of us it would be Halesowen on precisely that basis, Dave. But that id just guesswork on my part.

Might be good news for you if Halesowen are moved TRM,the "unwashed" on the Southern League forum might then give you a rest  Laughing 

I'm enjoying making them dance at the moment. For some reason they seem not to like being called Brummies!

Even Brummies don't want to be called Brummy  pirat

TRM

Mike Appleby of the FA on the Non-League Show this morning:

"Wingate & Finchley will be reprieved back into Step 3..."

"...we then have to fill the gaps by possibly moving clubs around from Southern League to Northern Prem and Isthmian to Southern. We haven't quite worked that one out yet but we're close to doing that and should finalise that tomorrow."

Talking about the pyramid in general, he did go and reflect on the number of clubs dropping out or going bust this season and mentioned that the FA are looking at the causes and the set-up of the structure. Travelling in certain Divisions (SL S&W was specifically mentioned) is an issue and there might be changes. Or they might look at it and end up coming to the conclusion that what we have now is the best they can do. Interesting stuff.

stour_boy

stour_boy

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Looks like they will have that midweek trip to Blyth Spartans after all!

Is a midweek trip to Blyth Spartans any more or less likely than one to Poole or Bideford?

I agree Dave, I was being sarcastic in response to Halesowen being up in arms about moving and trotting out the age old "the players work until 5" argument. The average mileage may be less in the Northern, but horrible midweek trips can happen in either the Southern or the northern, a point seemingly lost on them.

brockmoor

brockmoor

Ifs, buts, whys, blah blah

I think I will just wait for the decision! Rolling Eyes 

TRM

brockmoor wrote:Ifs, buts, whys, blah blah

In which case why bother commenting?  Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes 

(See, I can roll my eyes too...)

brockmoor

brockmoor

TRM wrote:

Because its a forum, and Im giving my view!  Rolling Eyes 

TRM

brockmoor wrote:
TRM wrote:

No, you weren't. You were doing exactly the opposite and pointedly NOT giving any view whilst implying disdain for those who ARE expressing a view.

brockmoor

brockmoor

TRM wrote:
brockmoor wrote:
TRM wrote:

No, you weren't. You were doing exactly the opposite and pointedly NOT giving any view whilst implying disdain for those who ARE expressing a view.

My view is that I will leave the likes of you, (that has no idea what will happen like the rest of us). To give your million interpretations of what could/may happen and I will simply wait for the decision.

You did the same pre-league decision for 2014/15 season, with your many interpretations on that subject you failed in getting it correct.

TRM

You're missing the point. It's ALL speculation, guesswork, the "million-and-one" permutations. It's a bit of FUN to while away the time. Anybody trying to gamble or predict with definitive accuracy how the FA divvy up the leagues each summer is going to find themselves losing money fast! The fact that it isn't "cut and dried" each year is precisely why there's always so much speculation.

There are plenty of people who are interested in it - the thread on the Kempster forum is 22 pages long - because it's an intriguing little "jigsaw" to try to put together each year (and often you don't have the picture on the lid to go on!). There have been comments on this thread from 13 different posters, so it is obviously a subject that interests people.

brockmoor

brockmoor

TRM wrote:You're missing the point. It's ALL speculation, guesswork, the "million-and-one" permutations. It's a bit of FUN to while away the time. Anybody trying to gamble or predict with definitive accuracy how the FA divvy up the leagues each summer is going to find themselves losing money fast! The fact that it isn't "cut and dried" each year is precisely why there's always so much speculation.

There are plenty of people who are interested in it - the thread on the Kempster forum is 22 pages long - because it's an intriguing little "jigsaw" to try to put together each year (and often you don't have the picture on the lid to go on!). There have been comments on this thread from 13 different posters, so it is obviously a subject that interests people.

You counted the different posters?   Shocked  Maybe its that I don't have the time on my hands for the speculation/jigsaw nonsense. I would suggest no one gambles with the uncertainty of how the FA works. However if they are 'in the know' or have statistical data to back up their claims they should 'invest' sensibly.  Wink

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:You're missing the point. It's ALL speculation, guesswork, the "million-and-one" permutations. It's a bit of FUN to while away the time. Anybody trying to gamble or predict with definitive accuracy how the FA divvy up the leagues each summer is going to find themselves losing money fast! The fact that it isn't "cut and dried" each year is precisely why there's always so much speculation.

You're missing the point of the thread.

All i'm interested in ( and i suspect 99% of other Stour fan's ) is whether Stour are north or south,i couldn't give a "Daffy Duck" whether Chesham are moving to Isthmian League and whether Corby are going to be recalled to the SPL,with all of your other permutations,most of it is a case of, "If my auntie had a pair of bollox she'd be my uncle" anyway.

The only modicum of other interest is where Halesowen end up,other than that i couldn't gives a "monkey's chuff".

brockmoor

brockmoor

Oh.

I just had an email notification.

I thought it maybe more 'HOT HOT NEWS' !  Very Happy 

rasam

Yes I am back having a laugh at your north v south debate.who cares, up the glassboys.

stour_boy

stour_boy

It seems strange talking about Worksop and Wingate & Finchley but it affects directly what league us and Halesowen will be in. A bit mystifying some people think that's crazy to wonder whether we'll be in a totally different league next year or not.

Worksop are trying to withdraw their resignation, incidentally. Doubt it will be resolved today anyhow.

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:It seems strange talking about Worksop and Wingate & Finchley but it affects directly what league us and Halesowen will be in. A bit mystifying some people think that's crazy to wonder whether we'll be in a totally different league next year or not.

Worksop are trying to withdraw their resignation, incidentally. Doubt it will be resolved today anyhow.

Looks like Worksop are doing the "Hokey Cokey"……………..they don't seem to know if they're in or out Shocked

stour_boy

stour_boy

Looks like it could rumble on for some time.

As I iterated on the TK forum, it's fine if Worksop need time to sort their affairs out, but not if it messes all the clubs around like ourselves who still don't know what league they will be in.

If the Worksop situation cannot be resolved straight away then the NPL should run with Worksop or else with 23 clubs so that we can start planning for life in the Southern League.

Jack

Jack
Admin

Worksops appeal rejected. What happens now is anyone's guess.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

TRM

Jack wrote:Worksops appeal rejected. What happens now is anyone's guess.

That's been tweeted by the Sports Ed of the local Worksop paper, so fair to assume its correct.

I would be surprised if that doesn't mean Halesowen go back North, but I'd guess it's 50/50 whether we join them. One club HAS to move but the FA May chicken out of buggering us and Corby about as well.

TRM

Statement on the NPL website confirming refusal of Worksop's appeal.

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Northern it is then!!!!!!

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Tricky Tree wrote:Northern it is then!!!!!!

I was winding you up so you would post and look a tool

Only joking  Laughing 

http://www.nibadges.com

stoursi

Now we know it will be the Northern Premier we play in next season will this affect the players who have already committed to Stourbridge next season.

Does this mean Gary has to look at different players to what he was.

Personally I think we would have been better off staying in the Southern from a promotion point but for fans it certainly means some new grounds.

Nice to see Tricky back on forum take it you are feeling better.

Devil's Advocate

Dissapointed personally.

The phrase,"be careful what you wish for" springs to mind.

Proof of the pudding will only be known next winter so it's a waste of time surmising in general but I do feel their will be an extra physical edge to a few of our opponent's and we will no doubt be classed as "Southern nancy boys" by some teams.

Devil's Advocate

Devil's Advocate wrote:Dissapointed personally.

The phrase,"be careful what you wish for" springs to mind.

Proof of the pudding will only be known next winter so it's a waste of time surmising in general but I do feel there will be an extra physical edge to a few of our opponent's and we will no doubt be classed as "Southern nancy boys" by some teams.

100North or South for 2014-2015 season? - Page 4 Empty Re: North or South for 2014-2015 season? Thu May 29 2014, 16:32

stour_boy

stour_boy

From a grounds perspective it's fantastic, but I think this has reduced our chances of promotion to be honest.

Really stupid that we've been messed around so much.

Some fascinating matches next season then. And we still have our local derby.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 5]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum