Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

2015-2016 Pre season kicks off at Bridgnorth.

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Devil's Advocate

What a cracking start to the new campaign today at Bridgnorth with an excellent turn out by over 100 Stour fans and my first visit to the ground since the 80's when Bridgnorth's legendary keeper Billy Ball literally filled the goal!

The pitch today was awful,hardly fit for lower league Sunday football but Stour did their best to make light of it with some bright inventive football.

There were excellent contributions from our new full back's Chilton and Green,the defensive set up looked "proper" for the first time in a couple of seasons.

Too many good performances to mention all but one in particular stood out for me and he deserves his own thread and I'd like other people's opinions on Jamie Insall.

The fan banter was excellent as always,Tricky's winding up of "Plug" from the Beano in the Bridgnorth goal was top notch and one of his comments will start the ball rolling on the "Comments of the season" thread that I'll put up for all to contribute to.

Very early days obviously but an encouraging start and our willingness to go at the opposition and to attack with pace and trickery was something to give hope,the youngster wearing number 15 for us was a joy to behold in the last 25 minutes,like a young Chris Waddle,brilliant feet and brave in possession, I really hope we give this lad a chance.

Good start Stour,great day out and nice to see everyone looking fit and well and in good heart and great to see Ben Billingham looking so healthy and moving well.

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum