Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards

+4
Tricky Tree
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
redpike
8 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Fri Oct 03 2014, 18:06

redpike

We narrowly missed out on winning the September award by just one dissent.

However, at this early part of the season, we are leading the pack with just 12 cautions from 10 matches.

Well done the lads !

(Not sure where Gary stands with the Managers' Award !!!)

2Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Sun Oct 05 2014, 22:29

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Given the choice I'd rather be bottom of the fair play league and top of the real league.

3Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 16:14

stour_boy

stour_boy

We didn't have any on Saturday either. I'm really impressed with the team's discipline and professionalism these days.

But yes, it's the results that matter at the end of the day, but this still contributes to the positive image of the club. Can't remember the last red card I saw for one of our players for a really bad foul - we had a real spate of red cards at one stage last season but IIRC most were for bringing down last man / handball on the line Sad

Yes and I have probably jinxed us now...

4Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 19:39

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

stour_boy wrote:We didn't have any on Saturday either. I'm really impressed with the team's discipline and professionalism these days.

But yes, it's the results that matter at the end of the day, but this still contributes to the positive image of the club. Can't remember the last red card I saw for one of our players for a really bad foul - we had a real spate of red cards at one stage last season but IIRC most were for bringing down last man / handball on the line Sad

What the shit does IIRC stand for???....are people so illiterate these days that they're not capable of putting down proper words?!
Bone bloody idol and down right lazy.
Tossers.

5Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Evo=Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 20:14

redpike

IIRC = If I remember correctly ( I assume). Is that correct, stour-boy ?

6Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 20:30

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Is it really so difficult and time consuming to do it properly??
Like I say.....Bone bloody idol.

Thank you redpike I can now sleep easy.

7Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 20:48

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Is it really so difficult and time consuming to do it properly??
Like I say.....Bone bloody idol.

Thank you redpike I can now sleep easy.

ROFL…..LMAO... Laughing

8Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 20:54

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Being of the older generation you should know better devil.

9Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 22:20

stour_boy

stour_boy

Must be the poor education I had; I apologise for not being as literate as others on here! That's put me in my place!

10Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 22:45

redpike

DA - ROFL and LMAO ?

I like puzzles but can you give me (us) some clues, please.

11Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 22:56

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

redpike wrote:DA - ROFL and LMAO ?

Apparently...
Roar out fucking loud.
Laugh my arse off.

Both utterly ridiculous.

12Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:01

Jack

Jack
Admin

I've always been under the impression rofl is rolling on floor laughing?

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

13Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:02

Jack

Jack
Admin

Just searched it, its rolling on floor laughing.

You need to work on these.

14Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:22

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
redpike wrote:DA - ROFL and LMAO ?

Apparently...
Roar out fucking loud.
Laugh my arse off.

Both utterly ridiculous.

And you got one wrong you miserable old two hat... Mad

Try this one for size,

ICGAFF Razz

15Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:32

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Tricky Tree wrote:
stour_boy wrote:We didn't have any on Saturday either. I'm really impressed with the team's discipline and professionalism these days.

What the shit does IIRC stand for???....are people so illiterate these days that they're not capable of putting down proper words?!
Tossers.

WTF?

16Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:43

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:Just searched it, its rolling on floor laughing.

You need to work on these.

The fact that you can search and find out what they mean pretty much sums it all up as far as I'm concerned.

I'm pretty happy not knowing what most of them mean and I'm sure I'll survive safe in that knowledge.

17Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:47

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Tossers.

WTF?

Dave.....you're definitely old enough to know better to not be dragged into such stupidity.

18Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Wed Oct 08 2014, 23:53

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Tossers.

WTF?

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

Love it M6 Dave.

By the way Dave,i've been meaning to ask for ages,

What chest size are those trousers you wear?

The "Simon Cowell" of Stourbridge Laughing

19Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Thu Oct 09 2014, 07:13

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Tricky Tree wrote:
Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Tossers.

WTF?

Dave.....you're definitely old enough to know better to not be dragged into such stupidity.

Ah, stop being such a GOS!

You coming to the FAC3Q game or will we not see you until the next NPLP match?

COYG!

Wink

20Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Thu Oct 09 2014, 07:29

glassboypaul

This has to be the most unfriendly forum of all the NPL teams. It's like a clique in here with the in-jokes and personal comments.

No wonder it's on the verge of being shut down by the admin!!

21Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Thu Oct 09 2014, 09:03

Jack

Jack
Admin

I'm on the verge of closing it down?

News to me.

22Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Thu Oct 09 2014, 09:28

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

glassboypaul wrote:This has to be the most unfriendly forum of all the NPL teams. It's like a clique in here with the in-jokes and personal comments.

No wonder it's on the verge of being shut down by the admin!!

There are times it gets a bit heated on here and I for one will admit that I've spoken out of turn on numerous occasions.
However.... it's all about opinions and everyone is entitled to express that opinion, unfortunately nowadays our once great country has gone down the pan to such an extent that people take offence to the slightest thing.
If you don't like it,don't read it,no one forces you to.

I've made a number of good friends through this forum, people who I thought were morons just by reading their posts but came to realise they are half decent characters.
Nory does a cracking job running this gaff and long may it continue.

People..... stop being like the Yanks,more important things to worry about.

23Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Thu Oct 09 2014, 10:49

glassboypaul

Jack I meant the forum owner not yourself...didn't you say the forum was on its final warning?

Tricky I would agree with you normally; I don't know if stour boy would take offence at your reply as I don't know you or him but all I'm saying is some on here may be put off at being called a tosser and may not want to post?

24Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Thu Oct 09 2014, 10:55

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

glassboypaul wrote:Jack I meant the forum owner not yourself...didn't you say the forum was on its final warning?

Tricky I would agree with you normally; I don't know if stour boy would take offence at your reply as I don't know you or him but all I'm saying is some on here may be put off at being called a tosser and may not want to post?

I believe I put tossers not tosser.....as in how prevalent it has become in our society in general.... I wasn't singling anyone out in particular, stour boy wrong place at the wrong time.
I've picked glassboy Dave and Nory up on it in the past.
I hate it and it's bloody lazy.

25Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Empty Re: Evo-Stik Fair Play Awards Thu Oct 09 2014, 11:33

Devil's Advocate

When i started using this forum i'd been coming to watch Stour for 37 years and was on nothing more than "nodding" terms with a couple of people at the ground.

Thanks to the forum i now have very many good friends down at Stourbridge,i'd estimate theres around 50 people at least i now chat with at matches and at least 10 who share my car to go to away matches at different times so i can't see why the need for negative comment about the forum.

The average crowd is around 400 and 50-100 people at the ground seem to interact and know each other quite well,therefore on a medium such as this forum you are going to have "in jokes" and some personal digs that are given and taken in the light hearted manner in which they are mean't.

It's not the fault of the people who do know each other that the new or irregular forum contributor doesn't know the other members,it's up to that member to do what i and many other posters have done and get to know the other people on the forum.

I first met Brockmoor at Stour and through him i got to know Ulster Jim and it snowballed from there,all people need to do is make the first move.

The banter between everyone really is top notch,it's more fun to follow Stour than to watch my other love West Brom,it's the reason i travel long distances to a lot of Stour away games,it's all down to the people i have met and who's company i enjoy.

It sure 'ain't the football attracting me at the moment!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum