Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

The Play Off Picture.

+3
Tricky Tree
baz
Devil's Advocate
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1The Play Off Picture. Empty The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 10:49

Devil's Advocate

Barring a total collapse the present top three of Hemel,Cambridge and Chesham look as if they have stretched too far ahead of us now,if Cambridge win their game in hand the gap between ourselves and those three teams ranges between 9 and 17 points.

We can go ahead of Bideford if we win our game in hand on them but that would purely be on goal difference.

The worry is St.Albans and Poole,the former is just a point behind us with two games in hand whilst Poole are two points behind us with FIVE games in hand.

The pressure is most definitely on us and it's vital now that we keep performing and cut out these silly results,i still maintain a few new signings are needed to help build some impetus.

Whatever happens it's going to be a close call.

2The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 11:21

baz

A must win game saturday,we owe them one and their number 4!

3The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 12:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

We WON'T make the play offs.

4The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 12:17

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:We WON'T make the play offs.

We're talking about the mighty Stour Tricky not your Forest duffers!

Baz,i'll make sure i never owe you money…..you've got a memory like an elephant!

Yes indeed,that effeminate number 4 drove us mad squealing at the ref and falling over his own bootlaces,i'm glad you reminded me of that!

5The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 12:44

stoursi

Apart from Hemel think there is a long way to go for anybody else to say they are nearly there.

At present i think we can do it but we have to play all our best football from now to the end of the season. If we have an more below standard performances then that will be it.

Yes we do need a couple of new signings especially now we lose Luke for three games. The squad perhaps could manage with a one game ban but three might hit us hard.

So starting with Saturday and lets say no new signings how do people see the team coping without Luke. Also want Will miss one of those three games as well.

6The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 14:59

TRM

Pretty sure Will only misses one game - which will be Weymouth away. Luke misses the next three - Biggleswade and Truro at home, Weymouth away.

Who we play up front on Saturday will probably be partly dictated by whether Jamie and/or Nathan are available to play at the back. I assume Jamie was just not available last night as he didn't seem to be injured on Saturday. Not sure about Nathan. If neither is available then Will has to play at the back, otherwise I'd stick him up front with Ben alongside or just off him.

As for the play-off picture I'm only really interested in it from our point of view. I can't see us catching Hemel (though other teams might do). Cambridge and Chesham are not out of sight but we'll need to go on a very good run to catch either of them. I know Poole have games in hand but they've got a fixture backlog and are likely to suffer further call-offs. Sooner or later that will catch up with them and they'll drop points. Bideford will stick around but I don't see them as anything special despite last Saturday.

St Albans have the potential to push on - they've done well after a poor start and must be close to the top of the form table if you took it from since we won at their place.

There are one or two others that could sneak in - I wouldn't rule out Biggleswade or Weymouth for starters - but they need to go on the sort of run Gosport did last season. Good luck to them if they can manage that!

The fact is it's in our own hands really. If we can find form and make the right signings then we have a more than decent chance. Without some new blood I think it will be very difficult.

7The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 15:25

Jack

Jack
Admin

Last minute winner away at Hitchin for the last spot and go up after winning away at Chesham. Heard it here first

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

8The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Wed Jan 22 2014, 16:45

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:Pretty sure Will only misses one game - which will be Weymouth away. Luke misses the next three - Biggleswade and Truro at home, Weymouth away.

Who we play up front on Saturday will probably be partly dictated by whether Jamie and/or Nathan are available to play at the back. I assume Jamie was just not available last night as he didn't seem to be injured on Saturday. Not sure about Nathan. If neither is available then Will has to play at the back, otherwise I'd stick him up front with Ben alongside or just off him.

As for the play-off picture I'm only really interested in it from our point of view. I can't see us catching Hemel (though other teams might do). Cambridge and Chesham are not out of sight but we'll need to go on a very good run to catch either of them. I know Poole have games in hand but they've got a fixture backlog and are likely to suffer further call-offs. Sooner or later that will catch up with them and they'll drop points. Bideford will stick around but I don't see them as anything special despite last Saturday.

St Albans have the potential to push on - they've done well after a poor start and must be close to the top of the form table if you took it from since we won at their place.

There are one or two others that could sneak in - I wouldn't rule out Biggleswade or Weymouth for starters - but they need to go on the sort of run Gosport did last season. Good luck to them if they can manage that!

The fact is it's in our own hands really. If we can find form and make the right signings then we have a more than decent chance. Without some new blood I think it will be very difficult.

Good points there. Based on the last 8 games though, we have been in better form than St Albans (albeit on goal difference)! In fact, the 5th best form in the division. Only Cambridge, Hemel, Poole and Burnham have gained more points than us in the last 8. Just goes to show that form tables can be misleading....

http://www.footballwebpages.co.uk/form/southprem?count=8

As for my reckoning? I don't think we'll catch Chesham and Cambridge, I think we'll catch one or neither of the two. So I think we'll finish between 3rd and 7th. Sticking my neck out I know!!

9The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Fri Jan 24 2014, 18:32

TRM

And to emphasise the point about Poole, their game against Chesham tomorrow is OFF.

10The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Fri Apr 25 2014, 19:05

TRM

Jack wrote:Last minute winner away at Hitchin for the last spot and go up after winning away at Chesham. Heard it here first

Hmmmmm... I wonder...

11The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Fri Apr 25 2014, 20:36

Jack

Jack
Admin

I did tell you all months ago.

12The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Fri Apr 25 2014, 21:56

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:I did tell you all months ago.

You also told us Ben would be leaving Mad 

13The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Fri Apr 25 2014, 23:47

Jack

Jack
Admin

No I didn't. I said Brackley wanted Ben. Which incidentally Devil, is 100% true. Tricky said he'd leave not me pal.

14The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Fri Apr 25 2014, 23:56

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:No I didn't. I said Brackley wanted Ben. Which incidentally Devil, is 100% true. Tricky said he'd leave not me pal.

You said he'd leave if we didn't go up this season.

You may still be right of course as contracts mean very little these days but i doubt it.

Took you a while to bite  Twisted Evil 

15The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Sat Apr 26 2014, 00:05

Jack

Jack
Admin

I questioned if Sean, Luke and Ben would stop, correct.

16The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Sat Apr 26 2014, 07:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Jack wrote:No I didn't. I said Brackley wanted Ben. Which incidentally Devil, is 100% true. Tricky said he'd leave not me pal.

Didn't I say I THOUGHT he would leave?

17The Play Off Picture. Empty Re: The Play Off Picture. Sat Apr 26 2014, 07:19

Jack

Jack
Admin

"He will be gone before then"

In the contract thread.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum