Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup

+2
Devil's Advocate
sirsmileriiii
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:14

sirsmileriiii

On to the next fixture, which is obviously the Wolves at home in the BSC. And hopefully we can keep our run of good luck going in this competition as well.

Has anyone heard what the admission prices are for this game, as they have been reduced in previous seasons for this competition.

2Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Sat Oct 31 2015, 23:40

Devil's Advocate

These cup matches have lost their intensity since league clubs started using their under 14's rather than "proper" squad players like they used to.

The club should pay us to attend these matches!

Joking apart,if it's more than £6 i'm climbing in!

3Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Sun Nov 01 2015, 07:27

sirsmileriiii

Devil's Advocate wrote:These cup matches have lost their intensity since league clubs started using their under 14's rather than "proper" squad players like they used to.

Yes! And you notice it's called the BIRMINGHAM Senior Cup, yet you never see the Villa enter anymore. Are they scared of losing in that cup as well as everything else Laughing

4Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Sun Nov 01 2015, 10:02

sirsmileriiii

Devil's Advocate wrote:Joking apart,if it's more than £6 i'm climbing in!

Looks like you WILL be climbing in, as it states on the website that our usual admission prices apply for this game Rolling Eyes

And it's confirmed by the following tweet:

Stourbridge FC ‏@StourbridgeFC 58 minutes ago

Adults £10, Seniors/16-18 £6, 12-15 £3, under 12s Free with paying adult. Pay on the gate.

5Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Sun Nov 01 2015, 12:39

Brian Handy

£5 according to website as a thank you to supporters

6Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Sun Nov 01 2015, 13:35

sirsmileriiii

Brian Handy wrote:£5 according to website as a thank you to supporters

That's very good of them. So DA can put his climbing gear away for a bit longer after all Wink

I hope the Llama turns up, as it is obviously our lucky mascot.

7Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Mon Nov 02 2015, 14:23

stour_boy

stour_boy

Looking forward to tonight. Hope the 1,700 Stour fans who came against Kiddy can all fit in Very Happy

8Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Mon Nov 02 2015, 14:35

Devil's Advocate

I hope we play some youngsters and rest the likes of Hawley,Richards,Pierpoint,Tonks and Leon.

To lose any of these to a silly injury at this point in a meaningless cup would just be plain daft.

9Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Mon Nov 02 2015, 14:45

stour_boy

stour_boy

Agreed. Maybe even a return for Charlie Price. Would be good to see Alex Penny in action, and Drew and Knighty getting a start.

10Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Mon Nov 02 2015, 16:07

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:Agreed. Maybe even a return for Charlie Price. Would be good to see Alex Penny in action, and Drew and Knighty getting a start.

I'm not paying £5 to watch Canavan play Shocked

Give Fordy,Hackett and Clifton ( senior ) a run………..well worth a fiver Laughing

11Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Mon Nov 02 2015, 22:22

stour_boy

stour_boy

Not a night filled with positives...

After calling for squad rotation even I was surprised to see 11 changes! Not sure Gary will have any selection headaches as the XI who started at Halesowen should start on Saturday - nobody staked their claim for a starting place, that's for sure.

Sam Tye had a mare for Lye against us in the pre-season friendly and just isn't good enough for this level.

Not surprised Penny and Wright have been warming the bench as neither of them showed much potential.

The challenge on Canavan looked like a free kick and a booking - nothing malicious, just caught him late. The ref somewhat bottled it by not only failing to give a free kick or a booking, and then going off to the far side of the pitch and hiding as Gary and Jon stormed on in a fury, the substitute number cards being hurled onto the pitch for good measure. I hope the outlook is not as serious as it looked.

The atmosphere was totally flat and the only positive was only shelling out a fiver to watch it, and not giving much helpful information out to any Dover scouts!

12Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Mon Nov 02 2015, 23:06

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows

CHRIS KNIGHT 17 votes

Charlie Price. 3

Alex Penny 2

Ben Billingham
Sam Tye
Tyree Clarke. all 1 vote
Brandon Hague

2 votes still to come

ANDY HILL won the wine

Thanks to all who took part.

13Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Mon Nov 02 2015, 23:13

oldhillglassboy

When Stourbridge field an entire second eleven, it shows the nature of the competition nowadays, I would have made 7 or 8 changes mainly because I didn't think we could find another 11 players, I was wrong there!  I wasn't bothered before the match and even less so when I saw the team sheet.

Was it the right decision? I have to say yes with Dover in mind,  and I would put similar again out at Market Drayton, my attitude to these matches has been shaped by how the clubs have treated them since I've been watching non league football.  Scraping extra time is another admission from the authorities that clubs don't want to play the matches, to me there's only two ways  forward, county Fas/leagues must insist on full strength sides or the cups should be scrapped altogether.  Although it probably suits all sides to carry on as it is.

It did look a bad injury to Canavan, a poor tackle but not a really bad one I didn't think, the referee did play advantage for the foul.

I'm sure the youth team on Wednesday will provide better fare, I think I've watched my last county cup match though.

14Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Tue Nov 03 2015, 00:32

Devil's Advocate

oldhillglassboy wrote:When Stourbridge field an entire second eleven, it shows the nature of the competition nowadays, I would have made 7 or 8 changes mainly because I didn't think we could find another 11 players, I was wrong there!  I wasn't bothered before the match and even less so when I saw the team sheet.

Was it the right decision? I have to say yes with Dover in mind,  and I would put similar again out at Market Drayton, my attitude to these matches has been shaped by how the clubs have treated them since I've been watching non league football.  Scraping extra time is another admission from the authorities that clubs don't want to play the matches, to me there's only two ways  forward, county Fas/leagues must insist on full strength sides or the cups should be scrapped altogether.  Although it probably suits all sides to carry on as it is.

It did look a bad injury to Canavan, a poor tackle but not a really bad one I didn't think, the referee did play advantage for the foul.

I'm sure the youth team on Wednesday will provide better fare, I think I've watched my last county cup match though.

I very much agree with your comments re the county cups OHGB,i was going to attend but i said to Brockmoor an hour before the game that i just couldn't raise the enthusiasm for it,i think they've had their day.

The FA Trophy is an event that is virtually impossible for us to win and the FA Vase is a worthy event that we can't enter.

It's almost as if the mid ranking non league clubs like ourselves are betwixt and between and thus don't have a viable cup to enter,up until a few years ago the Southern League Cup was a worthy event but now even the league Cups are treated with derision these days.

Maybe there's an arguement in allowing teams up to Premier level across the country entering a re vamped FA Vase so that we at least have a chance of a day out at Wembley or wherever.

15Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Tue Nov 03 2015, 10:51

stour_boy

stour_boy

I guess we would have taken it seriously had we not had Dover on Saturday.

I'm not exactly over-excited for Market Drayton now, however I guess our team will depend on how Saturday goes. If we win or draw at Dover I suspect it will be another similar team to last night but if we go out on Saturday it would be nice to play a stronger team at Market Drayton - even though the League Cup is not taken seriously by most clubs it is now probably our best chance of silverware this season!

16Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Tue Nov 03 2015, 20:43

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

stour_boy wrote:I guess we would have taken it seriously had we not had Dover on Saturday.

I'm not exactly over-excited for Market Drayton now, however I guess our team will depend on how Saturday goes. If we win or draw at Dover I suspect it will be another similar team to last night but if we go out on Saturday it would be nice to play a stronger team at Market Drayton - even though the League Cup is not taken seriously by most clubs it is now probably our best chance of silverware this season!

I'd say our ONLY chance of silverware this season.

Which is why I'm surprised that it's treated with such contempt. Take it seriously and I'd say we have a decent chance of winning the thing.

17Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Tue Nov 03 2015, 21:50

Devil's Advocate

It's a pity the FA Trophy and League Cup winners aren't given a spot in the following seasons football League Cup......that'd improve the intensity and the competition amongst clubs at our level.

18Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Empty Re: Wolves - Birmingham Senior Cup Wed Nov 04 2015, 16:52

stour_boy

stour_boy

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
stour_boy wrote:I guess we would have taken it seriously had we not had Dover on Saturday.

I'd say our ONLY chance of silverware this season.

Which is why I'm surprised that it's treated with such contempt. Take it seriously and I'd say we have a decent chance of winning the thing.

If we lose on Saturday I fully expect us to take that and the Carlton game fully seriously.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum