Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blyth home

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Blyth home Empty Blyth home Sat Sep 19 2015, 20:32

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows,

TOM TONKS 14 votes

Lewis Solly 10

Karl Hawley 5

Justin Richards 3

Matt Dodd 2

Leon Broadhurst 1
Kristian Green 1

Karen Hough won the wine.

Thanks to all who took part.

2Blyth home Empty Blyth home Sun Sep 20 2015, 10:39

redpike

An excellent all-round team performance with everyone working their socks off for each other and having a ''Thou shalt not score'' attitude, epitomised by Lewis's inspiring and, to me, game-defining blocks.

Hard to believe for most of the game, but we ran out comfortable winners in the end against a very good footballing side  whose healthy number of supporters never game up singing and were rewarded by what seemed to be individual handshakes from their team at the end of the game - nice touch !

Whilst we might not have matched Blyth technically, we more than made up for that by our single-minded desire to win.

Good to see a strong bench. The only slight concern was with Chris Knight not looking comfortable with his shoulder.

With several of the so-called favourites losing, this league promises to be very tight with just 8 points separating 19 ( ! ) teams.

All-in-all, yesterday's was the best home performance seen for a long time.

Keep it up, lads !

3Blyth home Empty Re: Blyth home Sun Sep 20 2015, 17:21

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

I'm surprised we've not had more comment on this game given the great result. I think the turning point in the game was the fantastic double save by Solly early in the second half. If Blyth had got the game back to 1-1 at that point the result could have been very different, but credit must go to the whole team for responding with the two goals later in the half.
That's also now two clean sheets in a row which is something we've not been able to say for a long time.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum