Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FC United

+14
dave w
Tricky Tree
rasam
Baggiestour
oldhillglassboy
glassboypaul
Devil's Advocate
sirsmileriiii
Old Codger
PhilC
baz
redpike
Jack
stour_boy
18 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1FC United         Empty FC United Tue Nov 18 2014, 23:11

stour_boy

stour_boy

Please note this match will be segregated with FC United being allocated the Shed End with cricket pavilion facilities, and home fans must enter through the Church End turnstiles only.

Looking forward to our first meeting with them. My first game for a while!

2FC United         Empty Re: FC United Fri Nov 21 2014, 00:48

Jack

Jack
Admin

This should be a good indication of where we are.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

3FC United         Empty FC United Fri Nov 21 2014, 11:00

redpike

Agree with Jack. In fact, the next 6 games will test our promotion credentials with matches against teams currently above us in the league and an in-form, Haseley-inspired, Halesowen.

Has anyone got news about the fitness of Leon, Luke and Louis ?

4FC United         Empty Re: FC United Fri Nov 21 2014, 12:09

baz

The way Luke was hitting the ball I woud guess he due back to get injured again!

5FC United         Empty Re: FC United Fri Nov 21 2014, 13:58

PhilC

There's an interview with Gary on the website, in which he said Leon was hopefully back training last night and Louis is about 10 days away from training. He wasn't as definite on Luke, saying he won't be rushed and may go for a few matches elsewhere to build up to full fitness.

Big game tomorrow - expect the prospect of FCUM will bring a few part-timers out so important we play well and encourage a few of them to come back.

I'll go for 8-3 Stour with a hat-trick from Andre

6FC United         Empty Re: FC United Fri Nov 21 2014, 21:39

Old Codger

Really looking forward to the game tomorrow.
If the crowd is as big as the forecasts would have us believe then the atmosphere will be tremendous !
All respect to FCUM they will be a big test and no doubt we would all be happier with all of our players available...but...its a funny old game !
Home advantage, great atmosphere....key players on form ......bring it on !
COYG !!!

Please remember the collection for Ben....lets make the day really memorable, he seems a great lad so come on you Glassboys fans dig deep for Ben 10 !

7FC United         Empty Re: FC United Fri Nov 21 2014, 21:49

sirsmileriiii

PhilC wrote:I'll go for 8-3 Stour

I'd be more than happy with 1-0, but I think a clean sheet and a win might be asking too much. So I will go for 3-2 to stour cheers

8FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 17:41

Devil's Advocate

Pleased to get the 2-1 win and both goals were well taken but the quality of the football was awful from us,too much "hoof and hope".

If Ramsey Dickson is a centre forward then i'm the Queen of Sheba.

I can't understand the logic of playing a proven forward like Bowerman out wide and RD as makeshift centre forward,bringing Bowerman off and leaving RD on made no sense to me at all.I appreciate RD took his chance well but his overall hold up play and link play was very poor.

We never seemed to get a grip in midfield,they looked the neater passing side but lacked end product and also looked vulnerable at the back the few times we did stretch them.

I prefered Exodus at the back alongside McCone,i thought our defence played well apart from Haynes getting caught out a few times.

I voted for Coleman as my motm,he made one brilliant save and his handling was excellent.

I though FC's fan's were excellent,they gave great support and by all accounts they gave well to Ben's fund so very well done to them.

I spoke with many regulars today,who like myself,couldn't understand the need to segregate their fan's from ours.They have no history of causing trouble from all accounts and to give them our traditional "home end" allowed them to create the atmosphere.

Funny that there was nobody to be seen counting the 361 allowable fans into The Shed End today,we got "Elf and safety" rammed down our throats by the club during our FA Cup runs and were treated to the dayglo man with the official "clicker" for those matches yet they must've had 500 plus in there today and not a "clicker" in sight!

As Brockmoor pointed out to me today,this surely means we will be affording the same courtesy to Halesowen on Boxing Day and once again graciously offering them our traditional home end Shocked Mad

That'll be fun.

9FC United         Empty FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 17:51

redpike

A good, solid best-of-the-season performance against a team who, although having a lot of the ball, only rarely threatened Dean. This was thanks to every single team member working hard with the two banks of four combining well together.

A special well-done to Kristian who, although at times looking a bit raw upfront, worked his socks off and took his goal very well. Although not getting much protection from the referee, he was always a handful.

Well done to the team and to Gary for getting his tactics spot-on.

Roll on Tuesday.

To me, the crowd segregation seemed to work very well and, bearing in mind the 1400+ attendance, there didn't seem to be any congestion problems.

I thought the away support was excellent. Good job for us that the team wasn't as good as their supporters !

10FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 17:59

glassboypaul

Must have been watching a different game to DA. Thought it was a fantastic all round team performance - everyone working for the team.

Two great goals - and a further superb finish by KRD which was chalked off for a marginal offside. Can't believe DA's criticism of him.

Best performance of the season in my view. Well done to all the players and management.

Except for Dean's wonder save they barely had a chance other than the goal thanks to Exodus and McCone. McCone had a super run forward as well and so nearly finished the move with a goal.

As for the segregation - why not? Avoided any problems and also avoided having a stupidly packed bar. With about 100+ of their fans watching the second half from the pavilion, presumably pints in hand, the Glassboys bar would have been dangerously busy.

All three goals were at the Church End so them being in the Shed hardly helped.

11FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 18:06

oldhillglassboy

I'll settle for that!

A fantasic occasion and the first half performance was as good as we've produced in a while. Two great goals and unlucky not to get more, a marginal offisde that probably was - just and the chance just before half time that should have been taken. Second half we looked fairly comfortably until the last 10 minutes, thier goal was well created and we where indeted to Coleman again for a fantasic save before that. I thought they played a bit like some stour performances have been, trying to pass the ball into net and passive and shaky defensively. We deserved the win, was just glad to hear that whistle! I said the Evesham game lacked intensity, that couldn't be said at any stage today, even from Geohaghon! who along with Mccone and Knight was immense at the back.

Also good to put in a good show in a league game for the "floating voters"! when we've had big league crowds we haven't done ourselves justice on occasions (bideford and Hemel - twice, spring to mind), hopefully a few might come on tuesday another important game we need to focus on but I think we can enjoy today for a little longer before that.

Well done everybody.

12FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 18:14

Baggiestour

The plan is to have the same segregation for the halesowen game as today.as for not having segregation today I believe there could have been major problems, we stewarded them today and whilst 90% of them where we'll behaved there was a minority who where looking for a fight,they where even fighting amongst themselves midway through the second half.
Great win today, let's hope they keep it going.

13FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 18:20

Jack

Jack
Admin

Good win. Glad it's over, and we can return to normal. The floating fans that come and shout Munich all afternoon can carry on floating. While it winds me up being a red, I get the anti glazer stuff. But Munich was just pathetic, made even more pathetic by them shouting it the other side of the ground to the FC fans.

Very well worked lads. Win the games in hand and we will be in business. We MUST keep Ex-Macca together.

14FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 18:46

rasam

Managed to get to the game today and caught up with a few friends some of whom are FC Utd fans. Really enjoyed the game including DA negative comments which I have really missed can't believe what he was watching.
Well done Stourbridge FC. Hopefully Tuesday will go well looking forward to it before I'm back working abroad till after Christmas.can't wait for a DA reply :-)

15FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 19:56

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I absolutely hated the segregation, thank God for the fc fans creating an atmosphere, poor show from our lot.
Almost dreading the yeltz putting us to shame by creating an atmosphere whilst our mob stand gawping in admiration.

16FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 20:11

dave w

It was a great afternoon - maybe not the most accomplished display but a true blood and guts game in front of a big crowd. It was particularly good to see that we didn't freeze on the big occasion for a change and hopefully some of the floaters will be back.

I didn't hear any Munich stuff but whoever said it should go to Dudley town centre and see the statue to the borough's greatest-ever sportman. As for the segregation - better safe than sorry. There were football intelligence spotters there so they must have had some concerns. I did smile as well when I saw a couple of their fans moaning about the ground on Twitter. This is the grass roots football you were so keen on, boys.

17FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 20:19

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Baggiestour wrote:The plan is to have the same segregation for the halesowen game as today.

I can't understand that one. We've never had segregation for a Halesowen game before and I don't see the need this time out. It's not as if that's going to attract 1400+ people - probably between 800 and 900 is more likely, which is around what we got the last time we played them on Boxing Day if memory serves me and apart from the occasional idiot we don't normally get much in the way of bother from the game.

18FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 20:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Baggiestour wrote:The plan is to have the same segregation for the halesowen game as today.

I can't understand that one. We've never had segregation for a Halesowen game before and I don't see the need this time out. It's not as if that's going to attract 1400+ people - probably between 800 and 900 is more likely, which is around what we got the last time we played them on Boxing Day if memory serves me and apart from the occasional idiot we don't normally get much in the way of bother from the game.

Have to be seen to be doing something Dave, you know what morons the health and safety brigade are.
Idiots.

19FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 20:44

dave w

Dave the Glassboy wrote:

Agreed. There's no need and a lot of their support will know the ground anyway, which makes a big difference.

20FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sat Nov 22 2014, 23:56

Old Codger

Cannot, will not, must not criticise any one today. Big match and a big crowd called for big men and the boys done good ! In fact the boys done better than good they done great !
None more so than Macca and Ex.....stars, absolute stars.
They stopped everything FU threw at them,Macca I thought was putting his head were many a player wouldn't put his feet , top man and top captain.
The big problem is who to tip as a MoM ?
Fitz played a blinder, always in the thick of the action as was Knighty and all credit to him after the last few days / weeks.
Thought KRD gave them more problems than they gave us and took his goal superbly, the one ruled off- side must have been soooo close and a late flag I thought !
Kayo and George were a handful all afternoon, the list just goes on and on ! Every man gave his all and as a fan I can ask no more from them than that.
Well done Stour a real team performance.
Just hope we can get a few newbys to come back on Tuesday and that the boys can conjour up a repeat performance.

21FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 11:09

sirsmileriiii

dave w wrote:I did smile as well when I saw a couple of their fans moaning about the ground on Twitter.

How the hell can they complain about another teams ground, when they're just a bunch of squatters. At least we've actually got a ground of our own. Mad

As for the lack of atmosphere down our end, I am not really surprised. There never is any atmosphere at the church end most games, all the noise comes from the shed when we're standing in it. At least by winning the game we might get some of those part-time fans to return more regularly.

22FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 12:23

Jack

Jack
Admin

In fairness Smiler, many shot down that one moron with that EXACT reply. Rolling Eyes

Overall, the day went very well for the club. I agree, the segregation was overkill. It was their reputation, going over the realism. FC do have an element, however that element have dwindled down in size as they've got bored of it all. Believe that the in-house fighting may well have been down to a dispute from within the club at the minute-don't quote me on that though! Overall their fans were a credit to themselves, and to Non-League and hopefully next year there is no need for all that malarky.

As for us, I thought for 70 minutes we were excellent. We did a job on them. It may not have been vintage total football, however we had to get physical as they are a good side. Their record this season and the table doesn't lie. The only lie I can think of is our position. We're in good form now, and have just beaten the title favorites, and have SEVEN games in hand on top of the league. Win them and we 6 points clear. It'd be naive to think we will, but win 3/4/5 of them and we will comfortably be up there. I left the ground yesterday miffed at the anti United chants-(It was always going to wind me up)-and very, very positive about our season. I'd challenge any one of you to find a better CB partnership than Ex and Macca. Ex is already showing he's a class above and to think some of you didn't agree with signing Macca back. IF we can get Luke back and firing, we have one of the best strikers in the league. Gary, the coaching staff, the Chairman and the players deserve massive, massive credit for the way they've bounced back after Matlock. The job is no-where near done, however from walking out that day convinced our season was over, we now have it in our own hands to put ourselves up there. Keep the faith, and see you all Tuesday! Very Happy

23FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 12:54

dave w

I can understand segregation given the layout of the ground; add another 500 potentially trying to get served at half-time and moving round the back of the stand and there could have been a problem. I can't understand the searching and a lot of FC supporters I spoke to were rightly annoyed about it. It sets the wrong tone, it's confrontational and above all it's pointless - if you want to bring something into a ground you'll get it in.

My one long-standing gripe, and this is something I've spoken to club officials about both before and yesterday, is that when we have a big game they abdicate responsibility to whoever's doing the stewarding. They might know all about the job in the Premier League but we're the experts at our level. We know the fans and their attitudes, the layout of the ground and while we're paying them to work here, they should be working to our instructions. This isn't a moan for the sake of it; I've got a massive amount of respect for the people who keep the club going and on the whole they do a superb job, as they did yesterday, but I don't like to hear us getting a bad reputation over something that could be easily avoided.

24FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 13:55

baz

Like when we played Stevenage and all the trouble getting in the shed End,I warned the Albion stewards there was gonna be trouble and needed to report the situation but all I got was a shrug of their shoulders! And after I when I told them got threatened to be thrown out! Also as far am I aware we still have two cases on file at the FA,so can understand segregation,even tho hate it,well done to the lads yesterday,even tho was not there but back Tuesday! Had a detailed match report from me dad and he agreed what DA said about last ten minutes but DA was a bit more colourful lol

25FC United         Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 14:04

brockmoor

brockmoor

Mixed emotions from me about the game.

I thought we out battled FCUM for 70 mins, but thought we were hanging on a little towards the end, although they never really created anything.

Although a hard working performance, I thought there was a distinct lack of quality on show which is a concern. Having said that we are struggling with injuries and results are the most important thing performances at present.

As for the segregation....

Absolutely hated it, for me there was no need and if the club thought there was a need, it really is the clubs fault that the problem hasnt been sorted before now.

Im of the thinking that the club were concerned about fans 'passing' through the seated area at half time. If this is indeed the reason this should be sorted.

Not a lover of giving the opposition our Shed End. This is where the best atmosphere comes from and it can give the opposition an advantage. Although it would be a pain, surely segregation could be made at the Church End for visitors. They have refreshments & toilet facilities there. Okay we wouldnt get takings from them at the bar, but doubt we got anything yesterday? Of course this would be made easier if the club spent a little on the ground.

I sincerely hope there is no segregation on Boxing Day. If you 'pen' fans in like animals, it simply gives them the opportunity to behave like animals.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum