Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

FC United

+14
dave w
Tricky Tree
rasam
Baggiestour
oldhillglassboy
glassboypaul
Devil's Advocate
sirsmileriiii
Old Codger
PhilC
baz
redpike
Jack
stour_boy
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 17:53

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

dave w wrote:I can understand segregation given the layout of the ground; add another 500 potentially trying to get served at half-time and moving round the back of the stand and there could have been a problem. I can't understand the searching and a lot of FC supporters I spoke to were rightly annoyed about it. It sets the wrong tone, it's confrontational and above all it's pointless - if you want to bring something into a ground you'll get it in.

I agree with this 100%. There is absolutely no justification for bag searches at our level of football - most of us watch this level of football to get away from that nonsense.

(That said, I haven't had a bag search done at the Hawthorns for over 5 years now.)

27FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 17:56

Jack

Jack
Admin

There were smoke bombs/flares taken off FC fans yesterday. Justified? Depends on what your opinion of smoke bombs is.

If you think that was overkill by stewards yesterday, I was at a concert on Thursday and got searched 3 times and had 2 ticket checks!

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

28FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 18:00

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

brockmoor wrote:

I sincerely hope there is no segregation on Boxing Day. If you 'pen' fans in like animals, it simply gives them the opportunity to behave like animals.

Again, I agree 100%. The last time we played Halesowen on Boxing Day the crowd as I recall was around the 800 mark and we only had about 5 stewards in the whole ground and there was no trouble whatsoever.

I can't see this year's crowd being much more than that TBH, especially with the West Brom game taking place at the same time. And we have a lot more stewards nowadays (even without the Albion contingent) and as someone else said before most Halesowen fans are more than familiar with the ground layout.

The prospect of giving them the Shed End for the whole end is barmy in my view.

29FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 18:42

dave w

As an aside, by my calculations after yesterday we've got the second-highest average gate in the division and the tenth highest outside the Conference.

30FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 18:47

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Will the club listen to what the people who keep it going say?
Highly unlikely.

I heard it was two flares.....I like to see that if I'm honest..
No agro just makes it look intimidating.

Devil raises an excellent point regarding our fans not being allowed in the shed because of the numbers,yet fc were allowed as many as they liked.
I won't hold my breath for a valid reply from the club as they appear to make it up as they go along.

Cracking result yesterday, good work boys.

31FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 19:05

baz

I was at a concert on Thursday and got searched 3 times and had 2 ticket checks! Blimey Jack who did you go and see? The Proclaimers!

32FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Sun Nov 23 2014, 19:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

Nope, Courteeners. They have a reputation for that sort of thing as its basically football lads. Bit embarrassing for the stewards when they had to stop after 2 were still set off!

33FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Mon Nov 24 2014, 19:07

Brian Handy

Man of the match voting was as follows:

PAUL McCone 14 votes
Exedus Geohaghon 6
Peter Till , Chris Knight,
Dean Coleman, Kayeldon Brown } All 4
KRD & Kyle Haynes 1 each

The wine was won by NEIL STEVENS-WOOD

Thank You to all who took park.

34FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Mon Nov 24 2014, 19:32

brockmoor

brockmoor

Brian Handy wrote:Man of the match voting was as follows:

PAUL McCone  14 votes
Exedus Geohaghon   6
Peter Till , Chris Knight,
Dean Coleman, Kayeldon Brown     }  All 4
KRD & Kyle Haynes  1 each

The wine was won by NEIL STEVENS-WOOD

Thank You to all who took park.

GET IN!

BOOM! cheers

35FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Mon Nov 24 2014, 20:11

baz

Can remember a few years ago,won the wine and asked Alex to look after it as was goin out and bring it to next home match,turned out he had put it in a goulash!

36FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Mon Nov 24 2014, 21:41

Brian Handy

Possibly the best place for it, not that I am suggesting its cheap of course, it's ASDA's (other supermarket wines are also available) best. Very Happy

37FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Mon Nov 24 2014, 22:31

Baggiestour

One or two moan about searching but when these flares are set off within a small stand it can cause major problems, panic, asthma attacks burns etc.a stewards main role is to make it safe for everyone to watch a game of football.
Yes the volunteer stewards at stour do a great job for no pay, in fact all they get is a cup of tea, and without them the ground would not be able to open, the point I am trying to make is that 12 stourbridge stewards is no where near enough to look after 1400 fans that's why extra wher brought in.

38FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Mon Nov 24 2014, 22:37

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Over zealous stewardship only creates more problems.
Bring on the flares(not trousers) I love them,the more the better I say.

39FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Mon Nov 24 2014, 22:42

Baggiestour

And I thought yo was one of the sensible ones on here tricky

40FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Tue Nov 25 2014, 10:11

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Baggiestour wrote:And I thought yo was one of the sensible ones on here tricky

Bit of fun sweetcheeks.

41FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Tue Nov 25 2014, 16:29

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Baggiestour wrote: the point I am trying to make is that 12 stourbridge stewards is no where near enough to look after 1400 fans that's why extra wher brought in.

Very true which is why I've no complaints over 95% of the measures brought in as a one-off for the FC United game.

However, it is enough to look after a Halesowen game, which we know because we've done it before.

42FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Tue Nov 25 2014, 18:18

daz

If this game is segregated will Halesowen fans have any acess to seated areas, Boxing day most of my family some elderley like to attend but if no seating is available i will take them to our home game on the 28th instead, to be honest if it is segregated i think we will pass anyway i thought this was Non League football.
Hope to hear this will not be the case as was looking forward to this game since the fixtures came out.

43FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Tue Nov 25 2014, 22:42

oldhillglassboy

I think the day went well overall and segregation was the right decision. I'm not so sure it is the way to go against Halesowen and if their not wearing thier colours, how do you identify who should go where?

44FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Wed Nov 26 2014, 00:44

dave w

Two points on potential Halesowen segregation. First, it's not 1990 anymore and they won't make up two-thirds of the crowd. Second, if we segregate them they'll almost certainly want to segregate us. Which means we'll be stuck on that horrible open end. They get the best part of our ground and we get the worst part of theirs.

45FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Wed Nov 26 2014, 01:15

Devil's Advocate

dave w wrote:Two points on potential Halesowen segregation. First, it's not 1990 anymore and they won't make up two-thirds of the crowd. Second, if we segregate them they'll almost certainly want to segregate us. Which means we'll be stuck on that horrible open end. They get the best part of our ground and we get the worst part of theirs.

Very good points well made Dave.

46FC United         - Page 2 Empty Re: FC United Wed Nov 26 2014, 10:00

Jack

Jack
Admin

I quite like that open end.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum