Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shildon - FA Cup Replay

+13
Jane.N
jhazz99
dave w
oldhillglassboy
Aled
baz
glassboypaul
Baggiestour
redpike
Stourbridge81
Jack
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down  Message [Page 4 of 4]

76Shildon - FA Cup Replay - Page 4 Empty Re: Shildon - FA Cup Replay Tue Oct 28 2014, 11:56

Jack

Jack
Admin

I was saying it from a Stour POV. Its potentially a very good draw for Shildon.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

77Shildon - FA Cup Replay - Page 4 Empty Re: Shildon - FA Cup Replay Tue Oct 28 2014, 12:24

Nath

Jack wrote:I was saying it from a Stour POV. Its potentially a very good draw for Shildon.

Yes, if we had got Gateshead, it wouldn't have really appealed much to either set of supporters. We would have still sold out though. If we can fill the ground for Biggleswade then I'm damn sure we would have done likewise for that one. For Shildon on the other hand, Gateshead at home for them is a massive draw.

78Shildon - FA Cup Replay - Page 4 Empty Re: Shildon - FA Cup Replay Tue Oct 28 2014, 13:47

Aled

As I said, I'd rather it was us, but I don't think any of us would be wetting ourselves with this fixture.

79Shildon - FA Cup Replay - Page 4 Empty Re: Shildon - FA Cup Replay Tue Oct 28 2014, 15:55

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:As I said, I'd rather it was us, but I don't think any of us would be wetting ourselves with this fixture.

Dave the dog would Laughing

80Shildon - FA Cup Replay - Page 4 Empty Re: Shildon - FA Cup Replay Tue Oct 28 2014, 16:05

Nath

Aled wrote:As I said, I'd rather it was us, but I don't think any of us would be wetting ourselves with this fixture.

I'd have loved it. Imagine a potential replay and a night out in Newcastle! I had a rather nice experience on a Wednesday night in Newcastle back in October 2003, after the Albion had beat Newcastle 2-1 in extra time in a league cup match. Hughesy got the winner but that was not nearly as exciting as the events that followed starting in The Goose, a pub opposite Eldon Square. What a night. I wont go into detail but you couldn't have scripted it! God, I wish we had Gateshead.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 4 of 4]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum