Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

North Ferriby Replay

+8
baz
stoursi
NickSFCB
Aled
PhilC
Devil's Advocate
oldhillglassboy
TRM
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1North Ferriby Replay Empty North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 18:47

TRM

If anybody wants a lift and can get to West Brom for 4.45 then I'm more than happy to oblige. Would be leaving straight after the game and hopefully back home well before the coach! Beware, though - depending on what I have on at work, my plans may change so the offer is not set in stone.

(Sorry, Jack, but I think more will read it here than on the "away travel" thread)

2North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:20

oldhillglassboy

I work in Oldbury, so might take you up on that, if you go.

3North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 20:32

TRM

I'll keep you posted.

4North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:19

Devil's Advocate

I'm trying to summon up the energy to go,that journey back from Histon absolutely b0ll0xed me the other night to be honest and "sod's law" dictates it'll go to extra time and penalties at NF on Tuesday meaning possibly not getting home until 2.00am ish!

It was bad enough last Wednesday,i'm lucky,having my own business and having staff to do the manual work mean't i could lie in until 11.00am the following morning but this NF trip could see me off! ( Don't all clap at once! )

Perhaps we should get our heads together on this one,if i'm driving up with just Nathan for company and maybe Jim it seems crazy if another car is driving up with just two people in it.

I may be 52 but i haven't started smelling of my own wee yet so car sharing with me isn't such a terrible option…..honest ;-)

5North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:29

PhilC

If it goes to extra time I'll buy everyone who goes a pint!!

6North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:35

Devil's Advocate

PhilC wrote:If it goes to extra time I'll buy everyone who goes a pint!!
Cheers Phil…………….make mine a PG Tips!

7North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 22:53

Aled

Flashing ya cash ay cock- a-nee lad! Sorry I didn't see you today chap, as so often, life got in the way of my 'free' time...,those were the days, hardly missed a match home or away in 10 years and we were crap during most of them lol. The irony is not lost on me.

8North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:00

PhilC

No worries mate - should get to another home game next year!! Even when we were crap, we had a loff. Reckon my money's safe on Tuesday, especially as I'll be 200 miles away

9North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:01

TRM

Would make sense to car-share as much as possible, though I hope we take more than one carful, as well as whoever goes on the coach. Will be surprised if we don't take more up there than they brought today for a Saturday match.

I'm always happy to drive as I like being my own boss. Happy to have company but equally happy if it's just me and the radio/CD player.

10North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:24

Aled

Sorry TRM, promised beast you'd give him a lift, although he's only bringing a fiver, and can you pick Martin up from the back of the fire station?!

11North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:31

PhilC

And pick St. Jean up at quarter to

12North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:40

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Would make sense to car-share as much as possible, though I hope we take more than one carful, as well as whoever goes on the coach. Will be surprised if we don't take more up there than they brought today for a Saturday match.

I'm always happy to drive as I like being my own boss. Happy to have company but equally happy if it's just me and the radio/CD player.
Is it best to run one's reading material past you first TRM……….i'd hate for my rolled up Daily Mail to catch the corner of your eye when we were just about to enter Yorkshire……….the walk home from there would be a bugger at my age!

13North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sat Nov 16 2013, 23:49

Aled

We certainly did have a loff Phil, plenty of gallows humour back then, and the victories were all the sweeter. Never forget inflatable giraffes greatest day introducing himself to the tannoy announcer at Forest Green, and his untimely death at the FA cup game at Rothwell...the giraffe that is, not the tannoy announcer.

14North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Sun Nov 17 2013, 22:21

TRM

Oldhillglassboy - you have a PM.

15North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:22

NickSFCB

Was planning to tie the game in with work in Ossett, but my schedule has dictated i need to go to Ossett first then to Leigh, before a trip to Glasgow. I like the stupid distance away games midweek aswell, so to say i am gutted i cant go, is an understatement.
I will keep an eye on the m6 if thats any consolation ...

16North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Mon Nov 18 2013, 12:25

Devil's Advocate

My car service and MOT means i won't get it back till Tuesday evening so i'm going to give the game a miss and watch Lye with Brockmoor instead.

Mr.Gulliver is going on the bus so vocal support should be just fine even with just him there!

17North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Mon Nov 18 2013, 19:17

stoursi

Good luck to the management and players for the match.

Hopefully the performance will be better than Saturday. Yes I know its a long way and we shouldn't expect to much on a work day.

To the fans travelling hope you have a safe journey there and back.

18North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Mon Nov 18 2013, 20:32

TRM

Looking at the AA website's traffic news, there seem to be two sets of roadworks on the M1 between Nottingham and Sheffield. Hopefully just narrow lanes and 50mph restrictions which won't cause more than a minor delay. Not as though there's any serious alternative route, so just have to take it as it comes!

Safe journey to all those travelling and, as StourSi says, good luck to the team. There may not be many of us there tomorrow night but there will be plenty more support from "the folks back home", I'm sure!

COME ON YOU GLASSBOYS!!!!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers 

19North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Tue Nov 19 2013, 14:31

Devil's Advocate

Good job i'd decided not to go tonight because i woke up this morning with a virus and i feel like s--t,i never get bugs so it must be giving lifts to the "unwashed" that's become my downfall!

Nathan is supposed to be texting me score updates tonight but his record in the department is extremely sketchy,i now know how his hareem of women feel sat waiting for a call that never comes.

If you could prod him whilst at the game TRM i'd be grateful or perhaps you could update us on here as to progress even if it's still 0-0.

A safe journey to all those braving it tonight.

20North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Tue Nov 19 2013, 15:06

baz

Started to get the man flu last Thursday so must of caught it of someone from Wednesdays journey,was in passenger seat and not getting cosy in the back with Nathan,Brockmoor and Jack so not sure how i got it lol dont say you gonna miss the Lye tonight DA? Any updates would be great for tonights match as will be in LG watching Sterephonics!

21North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Tue Nov 19 2013, 15:09

TRM

I'll put updates on here but due to the threat of frostbite I suspect they will be brief and to the point!

22North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Tue Nov 19 2013, 16:03

Devil's Advocate

baz wrote:Started to get the man flu last Thursday so must of caught it of someone from Wednesdays journey,was in passenger seat and not getting cosy in the back with Nathan,Brockmoor and Jack so not sure how i got it lol dont say you gonna miss the Lye tonight DA? Any updates would be great for tonights match as will be in LG watching Sterephonics!
Brock is ill as well Baz,the culprit has to be Nathan,he was the one wheezing and coughing.

I feel terrible today :-(

23North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Tue Nov 19 2013, 16:21

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:
baz wrote:Started to get the man flu last Thursday so must of caught it of someone from Wednesdays journey,was in passenger seat and not getting cosy in the back with Nathan,Brockmoor and Jack so not sure how i got it lol dont say you gonna miss the Lye tonight DA? Any updates would be great for tonights match as will be in LG watching Sterephonics!
Brock is ill as well Baz,the culprit has to be Nathan,he was the one wheezing and coughing.

I feel terrible today :-(
Brock wasn't at Cambridge, it was me Jack and Nath in the back of the car.

http://www.nibadges.com

24North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Tue Nov 19 2013, 16:42

baz

Memory has gone hazy! Nathan's fault then,hope he does not infect all on the coach today lol

25North Ferriby Replay Empty Re: North Ferriby Replay Tue Nov 19 2013, 19:38

TRM

Line-up:

Coleman
Haynes
Francis
N Bennett
Richards
Washbourne
Geddes
Broadhurst
Billingham