Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Blaby-Saturday

+8
Brian Handy
Southern Stour
Baggiestour
stoursi
Devil's Advocate
Tricky Tree
UlsterJim
Jack
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Blaby-Saturday Empty Blaby-Saturday Wed Sep 24 2014, 19:00

Jack

Jack
Admin

Ever so quite on here!

I for one am dreading this! We really should be putting 4 or 5 past these atleast, however you never really know!

Hopefully we take a large following like we did at MD & cheer the boys on to victory. Massive game and only 2 away from the first round AGAIN

See you all there. COYGB.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

2Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Thu Sep 25 2014, 10:53

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Yes very quiet Jack. Have Devil and your uncle eloped together.

See you in The Kaffir Inn before the match. Who is going on the train with you?

http://www.nibadges.com

3Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Thu Sep 25 2014, 11:18

Jack

Jack
Admin

Tom & myself. Matty goes to Egypt that day and is on record to have said he would rather be at Stour.

4Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Thu Sep 25 2014, 12:07

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

No way of getting there so updates would be very much appreciated please.

5Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Thu Sep 25 2014, 13:05

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:Yes very quiet Jack.  Have Devil and your uncle eloped together.

See you in The Kaffir Inn before the match.  Who is going on the train with you?

Laughing Laughing

I may not be contributing at present my little Irish friend but i still keep my eye out for any pearls of wisdom from our friend from the "inner sanctum" who pretends to be one of us Laughing

Always good to get the views of an "ex professional".

6Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Thu Sep 25 2014, 15:10

stoursi

Good luck to the players and management team.

Be nice to be in the hat for round three and a few quid in the bank.

However squad is looking a bit thin on the ground at present. No Luke for four/six weeks and with Kidderminster preventing Hales from playing our strike force looks a bit bare.

We could certainly do with increasing the numbers in the squad.

7Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Fri Sep 26 2014, 12:37

Baggiestour

I agree,when are we going to spend a bit of dollar and bring in a quality centre forward??
We can't use the excuse of players not wanting to come because of all the travelling.

8Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Fri Sep 26 2014, 14:47

Southern Stour

whats happened to our two centre forwards that came through the youth?

9Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Fri Sep 26 2014, 17:31

Brian Handy

Southern Stour wrote:whats happened to our two centre forwards that came through the youth?

If you are referring to Sam Tye & Josh Morgan- Parker they are both currently out on loan at Causeway in order to get game time.
Presumably both can be recalled if required.

10Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Fri Sep 26 2014, 19:09

Baggiestour

They can be recalled, but they won't be because we don't play youth,remember Jordan murphy.?
If we are finally going to get out of this level of football we need to do a similar thing that Hemel did which is to get more players in who score goals. I know that will cost money BUT if we don't the play offs is the best we can hope for and from what I have seen recently even that is optimistic.
Our website states that the club is in a very strong position, (I think they mean finances) if that is the case can we presume that we are looking at a few new recruits, especially in the attacking dept?

11Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Fri Sep 26 2014, 20:05

baz

The AGM Monday did explain some of these points,more than happy to talk about them at the match tomorrow.we may find out who Suffolk Stour is and Old Codger,a certain contributer on the forum thought maybe my dad far from it my lol

12Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Fri Sep 26 2014, 22:38

stoursi

If we are to get out of this level than we have to attract players who have been playing at the level above where we are now.

Youth players are not the answer unless they are exceptional. Walsall have taken a punt on Murphy if it doesn't work then that's the end of it for him at Walsall . If any youth player should have had a chance it's the lad who went to Brentford.

I am sure I read in the programme last week that Curzon had signed players from higher leagues to help them adapt to our league and for them it is certainly working.

We have very few teams above us in our area and perhaps that is a problem for our club.

There again would still love us to be playing higher than what we are.

13Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 07:19

Suffolk Stour

[quote="baz"]The AGM Monday did explain some of these points,more than happy to talk about them at the match tomorrow.we may find out who Suffolk Stour is and Old Codger,a certain contributer on the forum thought maybe my dad far from it my lol

Baz - I don't get to many games, sadly. Living so far away and running an U14 team in Suffolk restricts my ability to travel on Saturdays particularly. I did a few games in the East Anglia region last year with my 12 year old son. The move to the NPL hasn't helped me attending.

Even so, still a passionate follower from distance and of the views/comments on here.

14Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 18:38

Devil's Advocate

How poor was that? Mad

Absolutely toothless,nothing to offer up front,just how long do we have to wait to get a decent forward into the club?

All credit to W&B for battling away at the back but they were such a limited outfit that we should have buried them.

We are missing Sean's passing ability and vision in midfield as well as having no focal point of a striker,this needs sorting,theres plenty of money at the club so theres no excuse to not fill these gaping holes in the side.

A great effort by possibly 130-140 Stour fans who made the trip and who made a lot of noise in the first half but even the usual boisterous one's appeared to have lost the will to live during a dire second half.

Much improvement required and quickly.

15Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 19:28

Baggiestour

We have lost a few good players recently either through injury or leaving and to be fair they haven't been replaced with the same quality.
I would presume our management team are on the lookout for players to strengthen the first team,and that won't be easy due to better players wanting more money to leave their own club.
I believe stour are now in a position of stick or twist.
If we stick I believe it is mid table for us at best, if we twist, who knows.

16Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 19:29

Baggiestour

We have lost a few good players recently either through injury or leaving and to be fair they haven't been replaced with the same quality.
I would presume our management team are on the lookout for players to strengthen the first team,and that won't be easy due to better players wanting more money to leave their own club.
I believe stour are now in a position of stick or twist.
If we stick I believe it is mid table for us at best, if we twist, who knows.

17Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 19:30

Baggiestour

I think there is an echo in here

18Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 19:58

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Absolutely shocking..... only good thing about the game was the banter amongst the fans.

19Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 21:02

Baggiestour

It would be good to have some comments from the club, better PR between the club and fans has to be a plus.

20Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 21:10

oldhillglassboy

The only positive from today is that we are still in the cup, although that could have been different if their striker had got a shot off late on instead of squaring it into no mans land.

I half expected it to unfold as it did, level 6 side on a level 6 pitch, and "magic of the cup", the worst thing for us is that they would score early, and it could have been 2-0 in similar fashion.  After the first 20 minutes we pressed pretty much all game but not really working the keeper much.  The equaliser straight form a corner was bizare, ddin't look much wrong with the earlier effort that was disallowed for shoving.  

The second half was one way traffic in terms of possesion and territory (i can't remember Coleman touching the ball until the last few minutes), but clear cut chances where few and far between and if they could get the right ball away one of their supporters commented that our defence was there for the taking, I couldn't disagree with that.  It was better after the changearound at half time and Knight had a pretty good game I thought, but at times it was too easy considerig the 3 division gap.  Benbow And Hales being unavailable, Smikle still couldn't make the starting lineup which speaks volumes, I haven't been that impressed with him and we desperatly need something up front, Benbow reckoned he would be out for a minimum of 4 weeks.

The hosts deserved a replay, but I think their opportunity to win the tie was the late chance where the forward declined to shoot, at home on a Tuesday night I expect a very different game, and I hope we make a statement and sort them out.  Nothing's easy in the FA Cup however and we will certainly need to raise it a few notches from today.  I was told Blaby had two centre forwards injured and a striker who scored a hat trick last tuesday was suspended today.

To cap it all the train was cancelled coming back and the next one kept being put back a couple of minutes at a time and never turned up either!

21Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 21:27

Jack

Jack
Admin

That was poor. Very, very poor. We did exactly the worst thing possible and that was drop down to their standard. We had 1 shot on target that I can remember today. Against a team 3 leagues below that's scandalous. Yes, we do need a striker however, Gary, Cliffy & Fordy know that. They've said on record they're aware. IF the players aren't available, they aren't available. People can say they are, but they go to other clubs. Fair enough, but show me examples of these players, because I can't think of any off the top of my head! Thats not a pop, genuinley interested cos i cant think of owt! I thought Ben did very well today, final ball was lacking however he was closer to his old self. Excellent following. 173 was the attendance and I'd say at least 130 were Stour fans. Llama gate was magnificent.

We are still in the hat, and we should win Tuesday. However today was poor. Old Hill, I feel your pain! Quite where the 17:55 vanished too, I don't know!!!!

22Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sat Sep 27 2014, 22:30

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

oldhillglassboy wrote:The only positive from today is that we are still in the cup, although that could have been different if their striker had got a shot off late on instead of squaring it into no mans land.

I half expected it to unfold as it did, level 6 side on a level 6 pitch, and "magic of the cup", the worst thing for us is that they would score early, and it could have been 2-0 in similar fashion.  After the first 20 minutes we pressed pretty much all game but not really working the keeper much.  The equaliser straight form a corner was bizare, ddin't look much wrong with the earlier effort that was disallowed for shoving.  

The second half was one way traffic in terms of possesion and territory (i can't remember Coleman touching the ball until the last few minutes), but clear cut chances where few and far between and if they could get the right ball away one of their supporters commented that our defence was there for the taking, I couldn't disagree with that.  It was better after the changearound at half time and Knight had a pretty good game I thought, but at times it was too easy considerig the 3 division gap.  Benbow And Hales being unavailable, Smikle still couldn't make the starting lineup which speaks volumes, I haven't been that impressed with him and we desperatly need something up front, Benbow reckoned he would be out for a minimum of 4 weeks.

The hosts deserved a replay, but I think their opportunity to win the tie was the late chance where the forward declined to shoot, at home on a Tuesday night I expect a very different game, and I hope we make a statement and sort them out.  Nothing's easy in the FA Cup however and we will certainly need to raise it a few notches from today.  I was told Blaby had two centre forwards injured and a striker who scored a hat trick last tuesday was suspended today.

To cap it all the train was cancelled coming back and the next one kept being put back a couple of minutes at a time and never turned up either!

Aaah, now I know who you are.

23Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sun Sep 28 2014, 10:25

Southern Stour

Lets look back 8 months ago and see who was has left ,Nathan, Neetan, Jamie, Sean, Ryan, all these are no longer with us and if one of them didn’t play we would be saying “how come there not playing” due to them being a strong influence in our team. Now injured Leon, Luke, it feels like we have no key players (no disrespect to the any of the players who are still working there butts of for us). But Yesterday, to me brought this right home to me, when it felt like we couldn’t break down a team that was 3 leagues below us. What I’m trying to say is we need to focus on getting quality back in at Stour not just replacements. But all said and done great day out yesterday with some great characters but we should have come away with a better result.

24Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sun Sep 28 2014, 10:26

Brian Handy

Man of the Match votes were :

CHRIS KNIGHT 9 votes
Ben Billingham 8
Louis Harris 5
Dean 3
Kayelden 2
Kyle 2
Kristian 1
Will 1
Llama 1

PAUL BROOKES won the wine.

25Blaby-Saturday Empty Re: Blaby-Saturday Sun Sep 28 2014, 19:56

Could not make yesterdays game, so it would be completely pointless of me to comment about it. But one thing that has been said on here, is the fact that we could not beat a team 3 divisions below us.

That's true and yes it is scandalous, but then again we were 3 divisions below Plymouth when we played them a few season ago. So now we know what their fans must of felt like at the time.

All we can do is prey that we win the replay, by getting behind the team and making plenty of noise. As it is how we play on Tuesday that is most relevant now, not how we played on Saturday as that is in the past which cannot be changed.

And yes I am expecting to get slated for these comments, but we're all allowed to voice an opinion and this is mine Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum