Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Stratford away on Saturday.

+5
stoursi
UlsterJim
Tricky Tree
baz
Devil's Advocate
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 12:34

Devil's Advocate

A ground i've never visited previously so i'm looking forward to it,the weather looks set fair and i know Jimbo,Brucey and a few other's are looking to get there early so that they can top up the coffers of the local drinking establishments Laughing 

I'm hoping that we see Mr Benbow taking to the pitch sometime very soon,we are certainly missing his strength.

2Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 14:15

baz

I hope Bruce,Jim etc wont be going to the dodgy establishments in Stratford! Having had a few nights out there they would be advise to avoid them,unless Nathan is there lol

3Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 14:25

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Anyone know how far the ground is from the train station?
Walking distance?

4Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 14:45

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Anyone know how far the ground is from the train station?
Walking distance?

Or even limping distance?

Careful Tricky,there may be a couple of drops of rain or a gust of wind,you don't want to be out in adverse conditions do you Laughing 

Jim informs us that you've become a little "weather phobic" in recent times Mad 

Joking apart,hope you're feeling better and that you make it there,bring the sun tan lotion for your bonce! Embarassed

5Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 14:54

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Walking distance?

Careful Tricky,there may be a couple of drops of rain or a gust of wind,you don't want to be out in adverse conditions do you Laughing 

Joking apart,hope you're feeling better and that you make it there,bring the sun tan lotion for your bonce! Embarassed

Didn't want the boys getting soaked and bored last Saturday.

No idea of distance then?

6Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 15:22

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Walking distance?

Didn't want the boys getting soaked and bored last Saturday.

No idea of distance then?

Just Googled the map and appears to be a mile or less from station to ground.

Station is on Alcester Rd almost in the heart of the town and the ground is on Loxley Rd very close to the town golf course.

It looks a doddle tbh mate.

Jim and Bruce are going by train so text Jim,i'm sure he can advise.

7Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 15:41

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Thank you for your information Devil.

8Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Fri Jul 25 2014, 17:02

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

The ground is on Knights Lane, couple of miles from train station. It's off Teddington Road, or something like sounds like that. Its on right hand side after NFU Mutual HQ.

http://www.nibadges.com

9Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sat Jul 26 2014, 18:02

Devil's Advocate

A 2-1 Stour win in searing heat.

Decent first half again followed by a poor second half.

Both goals were excellent,the first was a flowing move involving some intricate play which put Geddes through and he finished in style.

Second goal was well crafted and a cut back from Rock ( cue Tricky Mad ) was finished off with a quality left foot strike by Billingham.

Rock then hit the bar with a header that looked easier to score.

Second half we were poor,the brightest moment was the introduction of Fordy as a late substitute and he was rightly slated for the whole time he was on the pitch Laughing 

MOTM for me was once again young Alex Dallinson,this lad is a real find,an absolute certainty to start the season for me,people raved about Paul McCone but for my money this kid is a far better player already.

10Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sat Jul 26 2014, 20:03

stoursi

Would agree with DA on most of what he said.

Find on the season has to be his shorts surely. Lol.

Would agree that Dallinson was our best player but he aint the right choice for the left side of three. He either has too be middle or right.

Also not sure about the Rocky chance as the player hit the bar. Based on last season Brown or Benbow would have missed the target.

11Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sat Jul 26 2014, 20:34

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Obviously not there nor am I biased in any way shape or form but from what I've read surely it's only a matter of time until Sir Sam Rock gets an England call up?!

12Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sat Jul 26 2014, 22:24

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:Would agree with DA on most of what he said.

Find on the season has to be his shorts surely. Lol.

Would agree that Dallinson was our best player but he aint the right choice for the left side of three. He either has too be middle or right.

Also not sure about the Rocky chance as the player hit the bar. Based on last season Brown or Benbow would have missed the target.

With regards to my shorts Si.

I appreciate your thought's on them but to be honest old lad,if i was going to take any fashion advice i'd approach Jim or The "Beast" before i asked your good self Laughing 

As for Dallinson i wouldn't disagree with you that he could play in the middle but i'd rather have Will's extra height in there.I hadn't actually noticed if he was left or right footed tbh but he just look's so comfortable where he is it seems a shame to move him.

13Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sat Jul 26 2014, 22:54

stoursi

I would agree with Will in the middle not only for his height but also I think he is more comfortable on the ball than any other centre defender we have.

Therefore I would play Dalljnson, Richards and Broadhurst at the back.

That does not mean Knight or KRD haven't done nothing wrong but if we want sucess then we have to play our best players in the right position

Dont think Dallinson has the composure and distribution at the moment to be compared to McCone.

14Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sun Jul 27 2014, 00:09

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:I would agree with Will in the middle not only for his height but also I think he is more comfortable on the ball than any other centre defender we have.

Therefore I would play Dalljnson, Richards and Broadhurst at the back.

That does not mean Knight or KRD haven't done nothing wrong but if we want sucess then we have to play our best players in the right position

Dont think Dallinson has the  composure and distribution at the moment to be compared to McCone.

McCone's distribution was hardly great,Nathan Bennet made Macca's life easy.

If you don't think Dallinson has composure then you're watching different matches to me.

I've been very impressed with Knight,for a forward his reading of the game as a defender is excellent,it was no surprise that he was in position to clear an almost certain goal off our line today but if he'd failed to do so then Dallinson was right back there as well.

I think we have excellent depth at the rear at present,i'm more concerned about the forward line,even when Benbow is fit we look short of one quality forward,i hope we don't wait again until after Xmas to wake up to the fact.

15Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sun Jul 27 2014, 09:51

Stourbridge81

I'm surprised we haven't played KRD as a striker, think he started one pre season game up front?

16Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sun Jan 11 2015, 10:54

brockmoor

brockmoor

Ooops! Very Happy

17Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Sun Jan 11 2015, 22:44

sirsmileriiii

brockmoor wrote:Ooops! Very Happy

Is this the point where someone starts another long-winded 8 page argument which has nothing to do with the thread, simply because you've re-opened an old thread by posting in it Wink

18Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Mon Jan 12 2015, 06:56

brockmoor

brockmoor

No,

Its called having a bit of fun, chilling out whilst the rest of the world goes mad.

19Stratford away on Saturday. Empty Re: Stratford away on Saturday. Wed Jan 14 2015, 22:53

glassboypaul

The world has gone mad; the lunatics have taken over the forum.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum