Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Lye Town Tonight.

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Lye Town Tonight. Empty Lye Town Tonight. Thu May 01 2014, 18:41

Devil's Advocate

If Lye win at home to Dudley Town they will be promoted for the first time in 100+ years and go into the Midland Alliance.

Me,Baz,Brockmoor,Jim and even young Jack will be there and i hope a few others can pop along.

£5 adults and £3 for dodderers and kids makes it a cheap night out.

2Lye Town Tonight. Empty Re: Lye Town Tonight. Thu May 01 2014, 22:25

Devil's Advocate

Congratulations to Lye on their promotion at last ( it's only taken 84 years! ) up to the Midland Alliance or whatever it'll be called next season following the re-vamp with the Midland Combination.

A 9-2 ( Yes,that is nine ) over Dudley Town in front of around 300 supporters was a fine way to go to a title.

Our former striker James Spray scored but it was their main man Ricky Anslow who really stole the show with a bagful of goal's.

Good to see a large number of Stour regular's in attendance as well and the banter was of the usual high standard including one of the gem's of the season from Andy Hill about Glassboy Dave's thespian activities,the thought of Dave playing the stage part of Cyril Smith in a future musical was an absolute gem.

Good to see young Jack taking my advice to attend the match and skanking his way in as a 15 year old,hope you enjoyed the goal fest Jack.

Nice to see Ben Billingham supporting his old club and for me personally it was great to bump into my old mate (and Sunday League team mate),former Stourbridge striker Rob Taylor.

Well done Lye,congrats and i hope we play a friendly against them in pre-season.

3Lye Town Tonight. Empty Re: Lye Town Tonight. Fri May 02 2014, 06:53

TRM

Great achievement by The Lye, especially bouncing back after last season. Hope they can carry it on in the MFA next season.

(It will still be the MFA in reality - it's just a change of administration and name making the Alliance and the Mid Comb one League. The structure of the existing leagues isn't changing at all - the WML winners will still be promoted into the top division of the new Alliance/Comb Super League)

4Lye Town Tonight. Empty Re: Lye Town Tonight. Tue May 06 2014, 23:13

scoop

The Midland League. Looking forward to seeing it, though yet to be ratified by member clubs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum