Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

tonight's express and star

+4
stoursi
glassboypaul
Devil's Advocate
lyelad
8 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1tonight's express and star Empty tonight's express and star Tue Jan 06 2015, 13:09

lyelad

Just bought the paper and thought I would let you know that there is a full page on Ben billingham injury and how he is coping

2tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Tue Jan 06 2015, 13:59

Devil's Advocate

lyelad wrote:Just bought the paper and thought I would let you know that there is a full page on Ben billingham injury and how he is coping

Cheers for that Lyelad,i'll be sure to get a copy tonight.

Best wishes to Ben if he reads this,hope all is going to plan.

3tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Tue Jan 06 2015, 20:18

glassboypaul

lyelad wrote:Just bought the paper and thought I would let you know that there is a full page on Ben billingham injury and how he is coping

Seconded, best wishes to Ben once again.

Does anyone know how much the bucket collection raised at the Halesowen game?

4tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Tue Jan 06 2015, 21:05

Devil's Advocate

£750 according to the article in the paper Paul.

Someone also dropped an envelope at Ben's house with £100 in it last week,a spontaneous whip round amongst some fans I gather.

All very heartwarming and good to hear.

I'd really like to hear the club make an announcement on extending Ben's contract by a further 12 months,I have mentioned this to certain people at the club as I think it would be a tremendous gesture and a real show if commitment to a lad who has suffered the worst injury I've ever personally witnessed at a game and whilst representing our club.

5tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Wed Jan 07 2015, 09:08

glassboypaul

Devil's Advocate wrote:£750 according to the article in the paper Paul.

Someone also dropped an envelope at Ben's house with £100 in it last week,a spontaneous whip round amongst some fans I gather.

All very heartwarming and good to hear.

I'd really like to hear the club make an announcement on extending Ben's contract by a further 12 months,I have mentioned this to certain people at the club as I think it would be a tremendous gesture and a real show if commitment to a lad who has suffered the worst injury I've ever personally witnessed at a game and whilst representing our club.

Thanks DA, that is fantastic news. Anything to get Ben back playing for us ASAP.

I think we have shown fantastic spirit in the wake of his horrific injury. It will always cast a shadow over this season as far as I'm concerned whenever I look back at it in the future. A horrible day at Matlock, but one that we have bounced back from fairly well on the pitch, and very well off the pitch.

6tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Wed Jan 07 2015, 12:11

stoursi

Thought the £750 was raised at the FC United game.

Can't remember hearing the amount raised against Halesowen but if that was £750 that was another great amount raised.

Good luck to Ben on his road to recovery.

7tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Wed Jan 07 2015, 12:22

Devil's Advocate

stoursi wrote:Thought the £750 was raised at the FC United game.

Can't remember hearing the amount raised against Halesowen but if that was £750 that was another great amount raised.

Good luck to Ben on his road to recovery.

£750 was reported as being collected at the Halesowen match in the piece in the Express and Star.

As you know,i only deal in facts Si Laughing

Considering this was in the local paper i felt is was okay to mention it on here but i've now realised that i should have first of all have run it past "the powers that be."

I offer an unreserved apology for taking such a liberty.

8tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Thu Jan 08 2015, 16:00

Jack

Jack
Admin

Had a message off Ben's mom. Asking me to clarify the following point.

The £750 quoted in the E&S was Money raised form the FC match, and currently money raised from the Halesowen match is yet to be confirmed

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

9tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Thu Jan 08 2015, 16:20

TRM

The E&S article was quite clear and correct. The £750 was from the FCUM game. No figure was given for the HT game. I haven't been told an official total yet.

10tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Thu Jan 08 2015, 17:44

brockmoor

brockmoor

Am I correct in thinking we played HT on Boxing Day, it is now 8th Jan.

Shocked

11tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Thu Jan 08 2015, 18:17

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

brockmoor wrote:Am I correct in thinking we played HT on Boxing Day, it is now 8th Jan.

Shocked

I thought that.....how long does it take to count a few quid?!

12tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Thu Jan 08 2015, 18:20

brockmoor

brockmoor

Tricky Tree wrote:
brockmoor wrote:Am I correct in thinking we played HT on Boxing Day, it is now 8th Jan.

Shocked

I thought that.....how long does it take to count a few quid?!

A. Over two weeks. Laughing

13tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Thu Jan 08 2015, 19:32

Devil's Advocate

How dare you discuss such a thing on here.

You pair really should know better,leave it to "official channels."

I have an abacus in my loft if the club wish to borrow it or they can lend my fingers and toes at the next home match.

14tonight's express and star Empty Re: tonight's express and star Thu Jan 08 2015, 21:10

glassboypaul

Come on guys, be reasonable, it's not like we have a large amount of cash to count each and every home game......oh no wait Mad

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum