Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

MAN of the MATCH - Thank You

+3
brockmoor
TRM
Brian Handy
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Wed Apr 30 2014, 18:17

Brian Handy

I would like to say 'THANK YOU' to everyone who has supported this seasons Man of the Match competition.
It’s easy for me to give out and collect voting slips, but not so easy for you to keep digging in your pocket for a pound every match when you see me walking towards you with a grin on my face prior to kick off.

You have raised £1,200 (up from £1,005 last year) which will be handed over to the club.
The MotM trophy (in memory of Steve Hickman) will be presented to the player who has won the most MotM awards over the season at the presentation evening.

I will put a complete list on here after the presentation evening (I will wait till then so as not to spoil it for any excited fan coming on the evening – well there may be one out there!)

My thanks also to Dave & Steve who covered the odd games I was unable to attend; we covered all 59 games except for the Bigglewade & Stevenage cup ties.

Once again many, many thanks for supporting this competition and raising funds for the Club.

2MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Wed Apr 30 2014, 18:47

TRM

Great effort Brian (and Dave & Steve).

Stuff like this helps clubs like ours all over the country tick over. None of us would be any good without the "Brians" of non-league football .

3MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Wed Apr 30 2014, 20:44

brockmoor

brockmoor

Congratulations on your sterling work throughout the season Brian.

Top effort.  Very Happy 

4MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Wed Apr 30 2014, 20:45

Jane.N

That's a great amount Brian and all those who support it. It's always exciting to see if you are the winner of the wine!  Very Happy 

5MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Wed Apr 30 2014, 22:14

Devil's Advocate

I have to say that I find Brian an absolute pleasure to bump into at games.

Always with a smile on his face and a glint in his eye,a joke or two and a chat about the state of our season…….i fall for it every time!

I constantly remind myself on the way to every match that I need to check to see that my gold filling's are still intact,that the sugar is still in my tea and that my money is safe after a conversation with Brian  Laughing 

The way he extract's that £ week after week is sheer genius.

Without doubt the "salt of the earth" and the type of character found within most non league clubs,i hope at some stage the club recognises Brian for his effort's over the last few years.

I'm not suggesting a bronze statue at this point in time but surely fund's could be found for a mobility scooter to assist the movement of his ageing body around the ground.

You're a diamond Brian.

A mention also for Glassboy Dave.

I've given Dave a lot of stick this season about the "M6" and he's taken it in good part,he's another "unsung" hero down at the club and someone else I find a pleasure to deal with.

Enjoy your summer chaps.

6MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Thu May 01 2014, 11:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

Great stuff Brian, one of the "unsung heroes" at the club.

I've been more than happy to support the MOTM each game - got two very nice bottles of red in return as well this season!

7MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Thu May 01 2014, 12:18

stoursi

Well done Brian great amount raised for the club.

Also thank you for Dave and Steve who stood in when Brian couldn't do it.

8MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Sun May 18 2014, 16:02

Brian Handy

The full MotM results are:

Winner BEN BILLINGHAM 10 Awards

Sean 9.5
Luke 8.5
Will 8
Leon 7
Ryan 3
Dean 2.5
Kayelden 2
Jamie 1
Netan 1
Jordon 1
Andre 1
Kyle 1
Louis 1
Chris 1
Brian 1
Nathan 0.5

9MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Empty Re: MAN of the MATCH - Thank You Sun May 18 2014, 21:49

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:The full MotM results are:

Winner BEN BILLINGHAM 10 Awards

Sean   9.5
Luke   8.5
Will   8
Leon         7
Ryan 3
Dean 2.5
Kayelden 2
Jamie 1
Netan 1
Jordon 1
Andre 1
Kyle   1
Louis 1
Chris 1
Brian 1
Nathan 0.5

No mention of spoiled voting slips or refusals to vote Brian.

I'd have thought they'd have made an appearance Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum