Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Alvechurch match.

+5
NickSFCB
Dave the Glassboy
stour_boy
UlsterJim
Devil's Advocate
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Alvechurch match. Empty Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 16:54

Devil's Advocate

Looking forward to this one after a few day's away in Barcelona on holiday.

I trust the usual "motley crew" will be in attendance?

2Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 17:38

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:Looking forward to this one after a few day's away in Barcelona on holiday.

I trust the usual "motley crew" will be in attendance?
Myself, Nathan and Tricky shall be in attendance, along with Big Ian, Happy Hammer that is not Paisley.

http://www.nibadges.com

3Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 17:59

stour_boy

stour_boy

Also going and will be taking up residence behind the goal as is my custom at away matches now

4Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 18:00

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Quite right, too! Wink 

5Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 18:14

NickSFCB

Depending on my work schedule I'll be there. Don't really care for listening to Sky salivate at Septics fans.

6Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 19:05

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

As Ulster correctly states I shall be in attendance.
Won't be getting there until very close to kick off so was wondering what car parking is like in relation to the ground.

7Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 20:39

TRM

Doubt I'll be there.

8Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Mon Sep 30 2013, 21:40

brockmoor

brockmoor

I'll be missing this one as 'great timing' on my part means i will miss DA in sunny Barcelona!
I shall be thinking of you all whilst im enjoying fine wine and food in Las Ramblas.
RedArmyRedArmy.

9Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Tue Oct 01 2013, 21:01

TRM

1-0 up at half time. Benbow the scorer on 43 minutes.

10Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Tue Oct 01 2013, 21:15

TRM

2-0. Billingham (72)

11Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Tue Oct 01 2013, 21:41

TRM

Won 2-0.

Rowey blasted a penalty over the bar in stoppage time, I gather. Assume from that Geddes didn't come on at all!

12Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Tue Oct 01 2013, 22:21

stour_boy

stour_boy

No Geddes didn't come on. Subs used were Richards, Drake and Fitzpatrick. Kalenda went off injured again.

Good win and into the hat for the second round. Was a good laugh behind the goal as well.

Hassle free journey there and back apart from getting cut up on the motorway on the way back.

13Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Tue Oct 01 2013, 22:54

Devil's Advocate

A very average performance against a VERY limited opposition.

We've been having decorating done at home.....i should have stayed in and watched my paint dry.

It was pointed out that TRM would have "enjoyed" my "faux pas" of thinking we were 3-0 up when in fact it was only 2-0 but Trickey took on the job of acting as "Pedant" and quite rightly ripped the proverbial out of me.

It was however sweet when he shouted to me that i must have already have been counting Rowey's penalty in advance just before our returning hero rattled his penalty into the upper echelons of the conifers growing behind the goal :-]]

In my view non of the second string players advanced their cause in any way tonight.

14Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Wed Oct 02 2013, 06:35

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I felt it was my duty.Very Happy 

15Alvechurch match. Empty Re: Alvechurch match. Wed Oct 02 2013, 17:37

Brian Handy

A useful workout against a willing, but limited team, who only threatened from dead ball situations.
Should have scored more than 2, but the approach play was better and Ryan & Luke seemed to be trying hard to develop an understanding.
Thought Briscoe had a decent game , bearing in mind the opposition, but Washbourne disappointed me.
I thought Andre had a good game until being substituted and must be in with a chance of selection for Saturday.
With Luke suspended we could go 4-5-1 using Wurzel as a wide player , leaving Andre to slot in at full back.

Ben won the MotM with7 votes, Briscoe & Luke received 5 each, Drew & Andre 2 each, Lloyd,Rowe & Kalenda 1 each.

The wine was won by Barry Cuff.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum