Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Chesham away.

+14
Taniwha
oldhillglassboy
baz
stour_boy
Brian Handy
Jane.N
TRM
UlsterJim
Ploptops
brockmoor
lyelad
Jack
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
18 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 3]

26Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Mon Apr 14 2014, 16:16

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

We will lose 3-1

27Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Mon Apr 14 2014, 18:56

brockmoor

brockmoor

Tricky Tree wrote:We will lose 3-1

You got the lottery numbers for Wednesday Trick!

28Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Mon Apr 14 2014, 19:43

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Dave The Llama will be in attendance.  We will win 3-2

http://www.pitchsidephoto.co.uk/Latest/StourbridgeTotton/i-8zq8zMX/A

7 out of 7 for Dave, here's to 8.

http://www.nibadges.com

29Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Tue Apr 15 2014, 09:56

TRM

From Meadowender, a Chesham supporter, on the SL forum...

"Just to let you know that the match coincides with Chesham celebrating the life of Ryan Moran. He made his Chesham debut against Stourbridge and many of his family & friends are coming over - his 32nd birthday would have been a couple of weeks ago, far too young. There will be some events going on during the day, including a planned minute's applause in the 5th minute (his shirt number), as well as afterwards in the bar. You are all very welcome to join in if you stay for any time after the game. Have a good journey down."

Ryan passed away last summer after a long battle with serious illness aged just 31.

I know I don't need to say this, but I am sure everybody from Stourbridge will respect Ryan's memory.

30Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Thu Apr 17 2014, 22:21

TRM

Feeling a bit more positive about this one after tonight. Their momentum has been pricked and they will be just that little bit more anxious now on Saturday. No pressure on them until they were in a position to actually catch Hemel and then look what happens. Pressure and expectation does strange things...

One thing we must do is stay in the game. Twice against Hemel, at home to Chesham and also at Hungerford we have conceded in the first five minutes. Three of those games have gone on to be settled by a single goal (at Hungerford it was the ONLY goal).

We can't let that happen on Saturday - got to keep them quiet early on. I know we like to attack and I absolutely love that about Gary's teams, wouldn't generally have it any other way. But it needs to be tempered. Since Harris came in and settled we've been better but I still think we can be slow starters and vulnerable early on. We were on Saturday and Totton didn't have enough about them to capitalise.

We know we'll get chances to score as long as we're relatively patient.

Any word on Luke's fitness?

31Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Thu Apr 17 2014, 22:37

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I heard Saturday that it was a twinge and he didn't play as a precautionary measure and that he would definitely play against Chesham.

32Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Thu Apr 17 2014, 22:43

brockmoor

brockmoor

I'm of the belief that if we match Poole's results between now and the end of the season we will get in the play-offs. However we will need a minimum of 7pts from 9. If Poole win on Saturday we will need to win to go above Cambridge. Im not worried about Hungerford anymore.

Just dont ask me for the lottery numbers because I aint got a scooby!  Laughing 

33Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Fri Apr 18 2014, 12:34

Jane.N

Can anyone remember what time the coach leaves tomorrow. Have looked on official site but can't find the link. Cheers.

Looking forward to it - especially if weather stays nice. One of my favourite away grounds in the sunshine and still a week off work. Just need the 3 points for perfection!

34Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Fri Apr 18 2014, 14:15

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I can't believe I've turned down a lift down and for my boy's as well.

35Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Fri Apr 18 2014, 18:20

Brian Handy

Jane.N wrote:Can anyone remember what time the coach leaves tomorrow. Have looked on official site but can't find the link. Cheers.

Looking forward to it - especially if weather stays nice. One of my favourite away grounds in the sunshine and still a week off work. Just need the 3 points for perfection!

According to Saturdays prog coach will depart from ground at 10.45

36Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Fri Apr 18 2014, 18:46

Jane.N

Cheers Brian. See you then. :-)

37Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Fri Apr 18 2014, 19:16

TRM

According to the Ex & Star, Luke will have a late fitness test and Netan is missing due to a family wedding.

38Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Fri Apr 18 2014, 19:18

brockmoor

brockmoor

TRM wrote:According to the Ex & Star, Luke will have a late fitness test and Netan is missing due to a family wedding.

Surprised they can fit anything in that rag, with all the delirium crap about the Dingles.  Mad 

39Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 08:45

Jack

Jack
Admin

Would updates on here be wanted or are we all well covered?

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

40Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 09:01

brockmoor

brockmoor

Tricky Tree wrote:I can't believe I've turned down a lift down and for my boy's as well.

What you done something 'saft' like that for?  Sad 

Have you been able to arrange anything else?

41Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 09:21

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

brockmoor wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:I can't believe I've turned down a lift down and for my boy's as well.

What you done something 'saft' like that for?  Sad 

Have you been able to arrange anything else?

Financial reasons young Neil.

42Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 19:39

Devil's Advocate

Wow folks,make no mistake,this was Stour's performance of the season in my opinion.

What a display,right on the money from the first minute to the last,every player played well and we set the tempo and totally dominated Chesham,it was probably the most complete and professional league performance i've witnessed from Stour in the last five years.

Dean Coleman was hardly overworked but his handling was absolutely top notch,flawless,when he play's like that it's hard to understand his more nervous display's,today he was rock solid.

The other favourite "whipping boy" ( i include myself in that btw ) Drew Canavan was also excellent and provided much of Stour's good build up and indeed it was he who started the move for our goal.

For many of us the stand out performances came from Chris Knight and Leon,Broadhurst was MOTM by a mile in my opinion,a fantastic defensive display but Knight's reading of the game was brilliant and if he can just improve his distribution his place in a back three would be a "no brainer" going forward.

No Benbow looked to be a problem but it wasn't as Brown and Smikle linked really well.

Every player can take a bow today as can 100+ travelling supporter's,it was a great day out.

All other results also went our way so it now means that if we beat Banbury on Monday then Poole can not get above us even if we lose at Hitchin and a win and a draw will make it impossible for Hungerford to pass us even if they win both remaining games.

I don't care if we have to play Chesham away in a play off match,i'd be extremely confident after today's performance.

Come on lads,four more wins and were a Conference side!

43Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 20:28

stour_boy

stour_boy

Thanks for the report DA, it's appreciated as i couldn't be there today. Was the goal good?

For the first time possibly this season I'm confident we will make the top 5 now, and this is Mr Pessimist speaking. Sounded like a fantastic result against a side who have notched up 90+ points and up until Thursday night have hardly had a bad result for ages. To go there and win 1-0 keeping a clean sheet seems to suggest it was a superb, thoroughly professional performance Smile

We've now beaten all of our potential playoff opponents once this season and lost the other - unless by some freak set of results we end up playing Hungerford (lost both) or Poole (won both).

We seem to be hitting good form at exactly the right time. After the St Albans and Hungerford home defeats I was feeling particularly down but since then we've really turned the screw and had a great run of results.

We need to continue this into the last two games now.

Well done lads!

44Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:17

baz

Fantastic result,great day out and cracking team performance against a tired looking Chesham! Dean had very little to do but did a good save low to his left at the start of the second half.

45Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:27

Jack

Jack
Admin

Excellent today. From the first minute we were at it and Chesham never really looked like scoring. Can't have been the only one at half time that thought it had Chesham 1-0 penalty, written all over it?! The ref was poor. Chris Knight?! Where did this come from? The second striker to be converted to a CB this year! He was eexcellent. Thought Chesh were poor, but I also think we could have played better. Up to the box, Browny and Smikle were very good, but we lacked a presence in the box-Luke Benbow, for example. I also thought that Sean and Ben were good, but not as good as they can be. Which for me, is a positive. Role on Monday, and then hopefully Saturday! The driver seemed to think the club have booked 3 coaches?! Depending on Monday I think we could fill them.

Well done everyone of the boys today and the large away following. It was one of those days that reminds us why we all love this club.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

46Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:34

oldhillglassboy

An excellent performance all round and Chesham looked very ordinary, 3 points well deserved.  The much hyped strike force  where very quite, though i'm sure I heard one home fan say they have already signed with St Neots for next season! so perhaps motivation isn't as high as it could be.  The more it wore on, the more it looked like finishing 0-0 but a brilliant goal and celebrations to match, the only hairy moment I can recall was right at the start of the second half.  We should have scored more, the chance that crashed off the bar and was deemed not to have crossed the line,  (couldn't tell from my angle), should have gone straight in and we created several chances.

The big games do seem to attract dodgy refereeing, 3 stour bookings, none of which I thought was justified and he somehow gave us a corner when the keeper wasn't close to touching it.

I haven't been convinced we'd make the play offs since the FA cup exit, but it looks promising now, it could well be Chesham again if we do.  If it was, I hope for no repeat of last year, where we beat Gosport just before the end of the season but lost the semi final.

47Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 21:54

baz

What was the ref on today? Near the end Brown blasted a shot well wide,with no deflection,he gave a corner! Even we went mad.

48Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 22:07

TRM

Echo pretty much all of the comments so far. Excellent all round performance - possibly the most complete of the season to date. Coming good at just the right time?

We are so much more fluid now with the formation we are using - the wide players are working hard. Drew had a decent game today, but I thought Haynes was outstanding again, bags of energy and covers a lot of ground down the right. The back three have been a revelation - all of them were superb today. There were a couple of slips, which maybe there will always be, but the key was that every time there was cover and it wasn't costly.

Been racking my brains but cannot remember another save from Coleman other than the one that has been mentioned right at the start of the second half. He was faultless today but again I'd go back to the defence and the fact that as a unit they have confidence in each other, communicate properly and deal with the ball - row Z if necessary. That enables a keeper to do his job without worrying about what his defenders are going to do and being uncertain as a result.

Harris is giving Ben and Sean the freedom to get forward and influence attacks. Pleased to see Ben back in midfield today. I thought the one thing we lacked without Luke against Totton was some pace up front and Smikle gave us a bit more of that today.

Chesham looked a bit leggy - possibly the effects of Thursday? Before this week I think they'd only failed to score once in the League all season. Now that's two games on the trot and it's not as though they should have had a hatful today and were unlucky. However, they're "marooned" in 2nd now just like we were last season, with two "dead" games to come plus a County Cup final on Wednesday. I think they'll give one or two a rest and come back with renewed vigour for the play-offs. Doesn't always work that way though, as we found out last season.

Brilliant support today. Hope we can take a good number to Hitchin. We might well need a point so the backing from the fans that we had today will be crucial.

49Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sat Apr 19 2014, 22:09

TRM

baz wrote:What was the ref on today? Near the end Brown blasted a shot well wide,with no deflection,he gave a corner! Even we went mad.

Not going to be critical of any referee but the only point I would make is that he looked very young. The ref for the home game against Hemel also looked very young and the FA (who allocate officials) might need to think more about sending their most experienced refs to games at this stage of the season which mean a lot to both sides. Both the refs mentioned seemed to let events get on top of them a bit.

50Chesham away. - Page 2 Empty Re: Chesham away. Sun Apr 20 2014, 00:31

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:Thanks for the report DA, it's appreciated as i couldn't be there today. Was the goal good?

For the first time possibly this season I'm confident we will make the top 5 now, and this is Mr Pessimist speaking. Sounded like a fantastic result against a side who have notched up 90+ points and up until Thursday night have hardly had a bad result for ages. To go there and win 1-0 keeping a clean sheet seems to suggest it was a superb, thoroughly professional performance Smile

We've now beaten all of our potential playoff opponents once this season and lost the other - unless by some freak set of results we end up playing Hungerford (lost both) or Poole (won both).

We seem to be hitting good form at exactly the right time. After the St Albans and Hungerford home defeats I was feeling particularly down but since then we've really turned the screw and had a great run of results.

We need to continue this into the last two games now.

Well done lads!

To be honest SB it was remiss of me not to mention the goal as from a purity of build up and finish it would be amongst my personal "goal of the season" candidates.

Drew picked up the ball around the half way line and went past a couple of players and was advancing through their half with me ( wrongly! ) castigating him for not releasing it to supporting runner's somewhat earlier.

He carried for around 30 yards before slipping a lovely pass through the left hand side of their defence to the supporting Billingham and Ben then cleverly reversed a a great ball through to Geddes who took aim from a narrowing angle around eight yards out and around maybe three/four yards wide of the keeper's left post and he crashed the ball across the keeper up into the right hand top corner so i got a fantastic view of it hitting the "onion bag" from my position behind the goal,it was a quality move and finish,it probably couldn't have dropped to a better player than Sean to strike.

Their keeper deserves a mention,for a bloke needing a sports bra he pulled off two saves right out of the top draw.

A special mention too to their centre back Darren Purse who took some stick from me for his period at my beloved West Brom,the 39 year old is obviously past his best but still their best player and engaged in banter with the Stour fan's and his best line was when he turned to us in the second half and he said…"I can't believe you lot pay good money to come and watch this sh-t!  Shocked 

Easy for him to say whilst on £600 per week  Mad 

And before you chirp up about me finally using the "smiley's" Brockmooor,i acknowledge your help in training me how to actually use this facility  Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 3]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum