Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Play Off Semi Final v Chesham.

+12
PhilC
stoursi
scoop
NickSFCB
Taniwha
stour_boy
Aled
Dave the Glassboy
brockmoor
Jack
TRM
Devil's Advocate
16 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sat Apr 26 2014, 22:30

Devil's Advocate

I can't wait for this one.

Chesham are probably in their worst run of form all season and they are suddenly short of goal's.

I gather Dillon and Roberts have already agreed to sign for St Neots for next season,perhaps this has upset their form if true.

I really hope we can get around 300 of us down to the match,Chesham used to get crowds of 1000-1300 just a few seasons ago and i can see them having 700-800 backing them for the match so it's vital that we turn up in good numbers.

I'm hoping to fill my car as usual and Baz and Neil are in with me for the trip.

Tricky,if you read this i have sent you a text to see if you need a lift so get back to me ASAP please old boy?

2Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sat Apr 26 2014, 23:09

TRM

Really looking forward to this now.

I wonder if Chesham aren't going to suffer exactly what we suffered last season, having nothing effectively to play for with a couple of weeks left of the season, and going off the boil? But we can't assume that or be complacent in any way. How can we - they finished 2nd, we finished 5th. It speaks for itself. The game last Saturday counts for nothing other than giving us a bit of confidence that we've "been there, done that" and there's nothing to fear.

Happy to offer anybody a lift but you will need to be in West Brom for 5pm as I won't have time to divert to pick people up after work.

I think 300 is ambitious for a Tuesday night at three days notice, even though it's not completely out of the blue. I'd see 150 as realistic to be honest, and that will be more than enough to make our presence felt!

If we get to the final that would/should be a different story. We took 800 to Stevenage and this is a far, far bigger game than that in reality. We wouldn't take 800 to Cambridge or St Albans but 400 should easily be within reach. Anyway, that's getting ahead of ourselves.

3Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sat Apr 26 2014, 23:50

Jack

Jack
Admin

I think 150 max. Probably less tbh. The length of the turn around won't help and younger fans won't be able to make it. Which is ashame. I've got to say, I'm concerned. With Luke out I really do think we lack a threat upfront, yes Luke is prone to the occasional rash shot, but he has scored 25 goals this year. For all their strengths, Kayo and Smikle are yet to convince me that they're goalscorers. I hope to be proved wrong, but that does worry me.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

4Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 10:17

TRM

Supporters coach to Chesham, subject to demand. Departs 4.30. £10 flat fare. Ring Jim on 07966 568767 to book or visit club shop on Monday between 7.30 and 9pm.

5Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 11:43

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Really looking forward to this now.

I wonder if Chesham aren't going to suffer exactly what we suffered last season, having nothing effectively to play for with a couple of weeks left of the season, and going off the boil? But we can't assume that or be complacent in any way. How can we - they finished 2nd, we finished 5th. It speaks for itself. The game last Saturday counts for nothing other than giving us a bit of confidence that we've "been there, done that" and there's nothing to fear.

Happy to offer anybody a lift but you will need to be in West Brom for 5pm as I won't have time to divert to pick people up after work.

I think 300 is ambitious for a Tuesday night at three days notice, even though it's not completely out of the blue. I'd see 150 as realistic to be honest, and that will be more than enough to make our presence felt!

If we get to the final that would/should be a different story. We took 800 to Stevenage and this is a far, far bigger game than that in reality. We wouldn't take 800 to Cambridge or St Albans but 400 should easily be within reach. Anyway, that's getting ahead of ourselves.

IF we got to the final is that then played the Bank Holiday of Monday 5th of May or on the previous Saturday 3rd of May?

I thought the final was always played on the Bank Holiday Monday but in The Mercury today it stated the final was on the Saturday so if anyone know's for definite i'd be grateful?

6Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 11:53

Jack

Jack
Admin

BH Monday

7Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 13:17

brockmoor

brockmoor

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Really looking forward to this now.

IF we got to the final is that then played the Bank Holiday of Monday 5th of May or on the previous Saturday 3rd of May?

I thought the final was always played on the Bank Holiday Monday but in The Mercury today it stated the final was on the Saturday so if anyone know's for definite i'd be grateful?

The Sunday Mercury ffs!

Why you reading that rag?
Jeeeze they still have Bartley Green in their league table section, they resigned from the West Midlands Premier over two months ago!

Cant believe they cut down trees for that s***.

Mad 

8Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 21:31

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

It's definitely Bank Holiday Monday.

The SL is playing a lower division championship match (Cirencester v Dunstable) on Saturday so all play-off finals are on Monday.

Hopefully Kettering and Paulton will come through the lower division play-offs.

9Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 22:09

TRM

For those who might be interested, Halesowen are playing our FA Cup opponents Curzon Ashton at the Grove next Saturday in a similar "challenge" match for the winners of the two lower divisions in the NPL.

10Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 22:55

Aled

Why would you want Kettering to succeed after they apparently accepted money from people to 'save them' before promptly going on a transfer spree?

Sadly, there's more chance of me plaiting p@&s than making it on Tuesday so they better make the final!

11Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 22:58

TRM

Because he's never been to their "new" ground.

12Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Sun Apr 27 2014, 22:59

Aled

**shakes head**

13Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 07:19

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:Because he's never been to their "new" ground.

This basically.

14Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 13:33

stour_boy

stour_boy

Will be driving down from the Selly Oak area at 5/5.30 if anyone wants to join. Fingers crossed I will make it on time but it will be borderline. Usual work hours are to 5.30 so thinking I might beg to be let out at around 5 tomorrow  Very Happy 

15Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 20:17

Taniwha

I'm gutted I can't make it now as I have to go up north for work tomorrow and won't be back in Wolvo until 6pm at the latest.

Does anyone know if the Bridge are covering this one live? I will of course be glued to Twitter, which is fantastic (thanks TRM) but every game time tweet now gives me palpitations after that Hemel game!

16Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 20:26

Devil's Advocate

Taniwha wrote:I'm gutted I can't make it now as I have to go up north for work tomorrow and won't be back in Wolvo until 6pm at the latest.

Does anyone know if the Bridge are covering this one live? I will of course be glued to Twitter, which is fantastic (thanks TRM) but every game time tweet now gives me palpitations after that Hemel game!

Happy to text you only specific goal news as it happens if you wish.

Just need your mobile number?

Mick The Devil.

17Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 21:05

TRM

Taniwha wrote:I'm gutted I can't make it now as I have to go up north for work tomorrow and won't be back in Wolvo until 6pm at the latest.

I understand there WILL be commentary on tomorrow's game on The Bridge.

18Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 21:43

TRM wrote:

I should hope so, after all we are their local team.  And I remember that they did do commentary when we played away at Kendal, so if they can travel that far Chesham should be a doddle.  We'll have to make sure everyone who's listening can hear us, by making plenty of polite noise Laughing 

The question is? will anyone be making a prediction on this game, or don't we want to tempt fate Suspect

19Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 22:06

NickSFCB

Excellent, I'll listen to it by the pool In a sunny lake Mary.
Smiler, I'm sure the bridge didn't cover the Kendall game, but it was bbc Cumbria? Stand to be corrected....

20Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 22:14

Jack

Jack
Admin

It was BBC Cumbria Nick. Either that or The Bridge weren't very happy we won!

I think the only thing we can ask for tomorrow is that the boys come off the pitch with no regrets. We know Chesham are a good team but so are we. As long as we play how we can, we have nothing to complain about.

21Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 22:24

TRM

sirsmilerIII wrote:
TRM wrote:

I should hope so, after all we are their local team.  And I remember that they did do commentary when we played away at Kendal, so if they can travel that far Chesham should be a doddle.  We'll have to make sure everyone who's listening can hear us, by making plenty of polite noise Laughing 

The question is? will anyone be making a prediction on this game, or don't we want to tempt fate Suspect

The thing to remember is that The Bridge is a volunteer run station. Apart from Expenses (if that) there won't be a penny in it for whoever is travelling to cover the game. They rely on people being interested enough to do it. I would prefer to praise them for the games they DO cover - be it us, Halesowen, or the Rugby Club, or whoever - rather than have a go for the ones they don't/can't. They're not Five Live or Talksport, for God's sake...

And Nick is right - it was Radio Cumbria (BBC) that covered the Kendal replay.

22Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Mon Apr 28 2014, 22:58

TRM

Jim tells me the supporters coach is almost fully booked. If anybody you know wants a place tell them to get their arses into gear! Ring Jim on 07966 568767 asap!

23Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Tue Apr 29 2014, 03:17

scoop

There are no travel expenses whatsoever paid at 102.5 The Bridge but there is an arrangement with the club where a reporter/commentator can travel to the game on the coach.
I presume this is what Adam Parkes may be doing but however he is getting there, well done to him for giving up his evening to provide coverage and best of luck to the Glassboys.

24Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Tue Apr 29 2014, 10:46

Ok!, Everyone give me a slap...

Yes it was Radio Cumbria who went to Kendal, so I stand corrected Embarassed 

I will now annoy everyone again by predicting 2-1 to Stour AET, and I think it will certainly be a tight game as Chesham will be after revenge following our win there 10 days ago Wink 

25Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Empty Re: Play Off Semi Final v Chesham. Tue Apr 29 2014, 10:47

brockmoor

brockmoor

We will lose on penalties!  Sad 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum