Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggleswade match.

+3
stour_boy
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Biggleswade match. Empty Biggleswade match. Tue Mar 18 2014, 22:11

Devil's Advocate

A long way short of being a classic but a performance of spirit and heart which was good to see.

A quality finish from their number 5 for the first goal but if he'd missed it Brown was going to score anyway.

Well done to Brownie tonight,my motm vote went to him and he deserved to get the winner.

A classic night of entertainment on the terraces once again especially with TCP man in full flow with his latest tirade at the food kiosk.

A word of mention for Biggleswade's keeper Brown who once again proved himself to be the class act of this division,his good humour and interaction with the crowd is a lesson to everyone who takes the field,the guy must be a fantastic person to have around any club,i wish him well for the remainder of his season.

2Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Tue Mar 18 2014, 22:25

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Far from convincing but a much needed three points at home.
Well battled lads.

TCP....Take a bow.

3Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Tue Mar 18 2014, 22:28

stour_boy

stour_boy

Hurrah, a home win! A bit of formation tinkering at half time saw us caught napping initially with their goal, but once we'd scored the confidence came back and we played some good stuff. They hardly got a sniff for most of the game.

Brown, Richards and Leon all had good games, and so did Kyle when he came on as sub. Harris did an effective job on his return as well.

If TCP man was entertainment at the food kiosk for the 'behind the goal' fans, you'd have loved to have seen him sat in the main stand second half as he launched some utterly bizarre tirades at the players, then the bench, then anyone who would listen. Think he'd had too many E numbers as he seemed to be glugging down a fair bit of coca-cola! I have to hand it to him though, it's a brave man who'll yell and shout at Cliffy!!

Well done Stour. A big test on Saturday now.

4Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Tue Mar 18 2014, 23:00

oldhillglassboy

Certainly good to get back to winning ways at home, not always convincing but 3 points is 3 points.

Even first half, certainly got a break when they had 2 chances to put it away from a yard and couldn't do it. Caught napping again at the start of the second half, another poor goal to concede and it looked like another one of those days. Great header for the equaliser!! certainly gave the keeper no chance, once we'd worked up a head of stream we got on top and good second goal, Brown has put some good shifts in, still rather shaky at the back and hope Richards is okay, The constant demands to show "passion" from the main stand, was met in the second half I think!

See the Hungerford game was abandoned after a player had his leg broken, that happened at the Lye a couple of weeks ago when a Wellington player suffered 2 breaks, not a pretty sight.

5Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Tue Mar 18 2014, 23:35

Devil's Advocate

oldhillglassboy wrote:Certainly good to get back to winning ways at home, not always convincing but 3 points is 3 points.  

Even first half, certainly got a break when they had 2 chances to put it away from a yard and couldn't do it. Caught napping again at the start of the second half, another poor goal to concede and it looked like another one of those days.  Great header for the equaliser!! certainly gave the keeper no chance, once we'd worked up a head of stream we got on top and good second goal, Brown has put some good shifts in, still rather shaky at the back and hope Richards is okay, The constant demands to show "passion" from the main stand, was met in the second half I think!

See the Hungerford  game was abandoned after a player had his leg broken,  that happened at the Lye a couple of weeks ago when a Wellington player suffered 2 breaks, not a pretty sight.

Happened again at Lye tonight from what i heard.

Match delayed after Pugh of Lye was stamped on by an opponent ( allegedly)

6Biggleswade match. Empty Biggleswade match Wed Mar 19 2014, 08:03

redpike

A very welcome 3 points at home, well received by an appreciative crowd. A nothing 1st half, apart from a near o g by Dean. After they'd scored, we rolled up our sleeves with some of our tackles, although fair, making me wince. In the end, we finished up deserved winners.

Only blot was Will's injury. Hope it is not as bad as it looked for the young man, my player of the season by a country mile.

Interesting change in formation in the 2nd half with Kristian joining Will and Leon in central defence, allowing Netan and, particularly, Kyle to do more attacking.

I thought Louis had a good game but my MOTM was Kayelden who seemed to thrive as a 'centre forward'. He has height, weight and pace, all of which he used to good effect last night.

Well done the lads !!!

7Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Wed Mar 19 2014, 14:21

Brian Handy

MotM was Kayelden with 10 votes , Will received 6 , Kristian & Louis 2 , Leon , Kyle , Sean & TCP 1 vote each.

Wine was won by Ian Binner

8Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Wed Mar 19 2014, 15:21

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Brian Handy wrote:MotM was Kayelden with 10 votes , Will received 6 , Kristian & Louis 2 , Leon , Kyle , Sean & TCP 1 vote each.

TCP Totally Committed Player.

http://www.nibadges.com

9Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Wed Mar 19 2014, 15:46

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

UlsterJim wrote:
Brian Handy wrote:MotM was Kayelden with 10 votes , Will received 6 , Kristian & Louis 2 , Leon , Kyle , Sean & TCP 1 vote each.

TCP Totally Committed Player.

But with no bacon rasher. Very Happy 

10Biggleswade match. Empty Re: Biggleswade match. Wed Mar 19 2014, 15:53

I thought that TCP stood for

Totally
Crazy
Person

Laughing 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum: