Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Biggleswade match thread

+6
Jack
Paranoid Android
Aled
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Tricky Tree
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Biggleswade match thread Empty Biggleswade match thread Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:13

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I have got a really nasty feeling about this one.
I think we will lose 1-0....I had a dream(you can't control your dreams)(that's not my MLk impression either)the other night and we lost 1-0 to a penalty and we had a man sent off. I won't say who the culprit was.
I hope I'm proved wrong.

2Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:19

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:I have got a really nasty feeling about this one.
I think we will lose 1-0....I had a dream(you can't control your dreams)(that's not my MLk impression either)the other night and we lost 1-0 to a penalty and we had a man sent off. I won't say who the culprit was.
I hope I'm proved wrong.

Good job you can "dream it" Tricky………………

Seeing as you may not actually be in the ground to witness it :-]]

3Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:25

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Sleep Sleep 
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:I have got a really nasty feeling about this one.
I hope I'm proved wrong.
Good job you can "dream it" Tricky………………

Seeing as you may not actually be in the ground to witness it :-]]
Yawn off Devil...Yawn off.Sleep 

4Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Thu Nov 07 2013, 14:29

I will say 2-1 to stour, but it won't be an easy game and I think we might have to come from behind to win.

The attendance will be a lot more than I predicted originally Embarassed 

5Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Thu Nov 07 2013, 14:37

Devil's Advocate

sirsmilerIII wrote:I will say 2-1 to stour, but it won't be an easy game and I think we might have to come from behind to win.

That means,going by your previous standard's of prediction SS that we'll suffer a 0-5 defeat and an asteroid will strike the ground later that evening!

6Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Thu Nov 07 2013, 20:51

TRM

Since I won't be there we are guaranteed either a storming win (5-0 or more) or a rip-roaring roller coaster which we will edge 4-3 or 5-4 and which people will talk about for years to come.

(or we'll lose a drab game 0-1)

7Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Thu Nov 07 2013, 21:37

Aled

2-1 stour, it'll be tense with plentiful cries of 'Shoot' and 'get the subs on Hackett'!!!

8Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Fri Nov 08 2013, 09:48

Devil's Advocate wrote:
sirsmilerIII wrote:I will say 2-1 to stour, but it won't be an easy game and I think we might have to come from behind to win.

That means,going by your previous standard's of prediction SS that we'll suffer a 0-5 defeat and an asteroid will strike the ground later that evening!
You've got more chance of the asteroid striking the ground than us losing 5-0, hopefully Wink

My predicting is excellent. Years ago I predicted that I would never win the lottery and guess what, I haven't...

9Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Fri Nov 08 2013, 16:37

Paranoid Android

3-2.

Discipline is the key,particularly on a slippery pitch.
No rash challenges,mouths shut.
Concentrate on quick ball along the floor to our attack.
If in doubt at the back clear our lines and hunt the 2nd ball.

Best of luck to the players & management tomorrow-well done so far,keep it going.

Plenty of encouragement and most importantly patience from the Glassboys supporters,all aboard.....

10Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Fri Nov 08 2013, 17:24

Jack

Jack
Admin

Treat it like a league game. If we play as well as we can, we should beat them. But, it's their biggest game ever and it won't be easy. Patience and support very much needed.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

11Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Fri Nov 08 2013, 19:03

oldhillglassboy

3-1 Stour but coming from behind, will being seen as favourites put any pressure on? I hope not, just treat it like any other league game.

Got a mention on midlands today which I wasn't expecting about our great form and great chance to make the second round. Nick Owen said "Stourbridge v Wolves next round, imagine that" obviously not seen the Birmingham senior cup draw then!

12Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sat Nov 09 2013, 18:13

oldhillglassboy

Brilliant, well done to the players and management. We where off the pace in the first 15 minutes and took the lead very much against the run of play, only to allow them to eqaulise straight away! Great move and finish by rowe for the second, the first half was classic FA Cup with numerous openings.

The second half we dominated and should have had a hatful, Rowe and Benbow both taking poor first touch in one on one's with the keeper, Benbow then forced a good save but should have squared it to Rowe, unmarked in front of an empty net! then should have scored from another chance but great header from Richards (who was impressive again) from the resulting corner, great finish by Benbow for the 4th. Thought their keeper was impressive, isn't he the one who played for Bedford?

There was poor communication at the back at times and we allowed too much space, how their guy didn't plant the free header (was it 2-1 or 3-1 at the time?) into the net, he had too much time I think! Drake and Broadhurst both struggled for me and better teams may have punished us. But enough negativity, another £18000 in the bank and somebody beatable in the 2nd round please, a biggie can wait (hopefully) for the third. Good to see the Church End has been tarmacked.

Not much in the way of giant killings, Brackley came closest conceding a 90th minute equaliser at Gillingham

13Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sat Nov 09 2013, 19:19

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I was very much proved wrong I'm pleased to say.

14Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sat Nov 09 2013, 20:08

Jack

Jack
Admin

Excellent. Today was never ever going to be easy, whether we're a better team than them. It was potentially a tedious one for us. But I think the lads on the whole were excellent. In the second half we rode our luck a bit, Wurzel decided to lose his man on a cross and they missed the header. Will grew as the game went on and he continues to impress. Whisper it quietly but Rowey & Luke are starting to look a real handful. Both excellent today, as was Sean.

Great crowd, great atmosphere 1st half. But we really need to be attacking the Shed second half. Onto the draw tomorrow! Undecided who I want. Part of me would like an 'easier' draw, but another part of me would love a big away day and all the money that would bring in for the club. How about Wolves away and get a replay on BT back here? Wink

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

15Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sat Nov 09 2013, 20:18

Brian Handy

Excellent result, we seemed nervous the first 15 mins or so, but there again I know how nervous I felt so full credit to all for conquering those nerves.
Ryan took his chances well and after the 2nd we settled down and took control.
They looked OK coming forward but shaky at the back.
Even though we were on top 2nd half the more chances we spurned the more nervous I got till Will settled the nerves with a good header.
Overall though a good performance in front of a good crowd

Apologies for not doing a MotM, I had intended to but match duties made it difficult for me to see everyone so I decided not to.
If you want to post your MotM on here (or PM me) I will declare a MotM.

Tricky, sorry I missed you at end, can you wait till next Sat or do you want the amber liquid at Cambridge?

16Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sat Nov 09 2013, 20:38

Jack wrote:How about Wolves away and get a replay on BT back here? Wink
Would not fancy Wolves as they themselves have got a replay against Oldham, and we would hate them to lose that game wouldn't we Laughing 

As long as it's a league team I'm not really bothered who we play, just as long as we'd be able to stage a home fixture at Amblecote and not be forced to play it on a neutral ground

17Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sat Nov 09 2013, 21:18

Taniwha

Thought we struggled the first 15 minutes or so and the first 2 goals (ours and their's) were sloppy but glad we managed to get a hold of it after that.  Once the 2nd (ours) went in, and very well worked it was, I thought we had the better of it until the half time whistle.

2nd half, I thought we were the better side but still made hard work of it and was very happy to see Will's header go in.  Benbow's goal was take well but we spurned a few chances prior that and I was always nervous until that one went in.

Next round, very excited and looking forward to the draw.  All a game of chance now so no predictions or wishes, just a very happy evening ahead.  

Hope everyone who headed to the Duke had a pleasant evening, I know I am all the merrier for it!

18Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sat Nov 09 2013, 23:11

Aled

Cracking result, fabulous day, Milk Bar here we come!

19Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sun Nov 10 2013, 20:39

TRM

Back from Yorkshire this evening. Very happy that the lads did not spoil my weekend! Congratulations to the management and the players - saw the goals on ITV last night. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th all looked like good 'uns.

Thanks to Aled and Stour_boy for keeping me up-to-date with a running battle to see who could text me quickest! In the end I think it was a draw!

Nice to see the ground packed again - when was the last time we had a crowd that big for a game against another Non-League team?

20Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sun Nov 10 2013, 20:54

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Back from Yorkshire this evening. Very happy that the lads did not spoil my weekend! Congratulations to the management and the players - saw the goals on ITV last night. The 2nd, 3rd and 4th all looked like good 'uns.

Thanks to Aled and Stour_boy for keeping me up-to-date with a running battle to see who could text me quickest! In the end I think it was a draw!

Nice to see the ground packed again - when was the last time we had a crowd that big for a game against another Non-League team?
Worcester City,spring 1974,2700+

21Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sun Nov 10 2013, 21:10

TRM

Quite possibly.

22Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Sun Nov 10 2013, 21:38

Brian Handy

some photo's on www.353photography.weebly.com

click on sport, football , 2013/14 season , fa cup.

23Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Mon Nov 11 2013, 10:26

Stourbridge Lion

Stourbridge Lion

Superb performance,all the pressure was ours, a home draw against a tricky team from the same division and expectations were high.  I thought Biggleswade definately had the better of the first 15 minutes and the early save from Dean Coleman tipping the ball over the bar could have been crucial, to go 1 down that early on could have totally changed the outcome of the game,thankfully we built on that and we were pretty much in control afterwards bar the start of the second half when predictably Biggleswade came at us strongly,great finishing and a professional job.  Well Done to all another memorable day down the Memorial Ground.

24Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Mon Nov 11 2013, 15:12

Brian Handy

Nice to read this on the BW website,

Let’s not dwell on the negatives, we all know we lost to a better team on the day. Stourbridge are a Southern League Premier side and in my opinion the best side we have played this season. What we did have was an enjoyable day, albeit long and tiring. The party we have all enjoyed lasted from early September to the middle of November, through Wingate and Finchley, Chelmsford, Leatherhead and Canvey Island falling and no shame in it to Stourbridge who go on to the second round, where, we wish them well.

25Biggleswade match thread Empty Re: Biggleswade match thread Mon Nov 11 2013, 15:16

Devil's Advocate

Brian Handy wrote:Nice to read this on the BW website,

Let’s not dwell on the negatives, we all know we lost to a better team on the day. Stourbridge are a Southern League Premier side and in my opinion the best side we have played this season. What we did have was an enjoyable day, albeit long and tiring. The party we have all enjoyed lasted from early September to the middle of November, through Wingate and Finchley, Chelmsford, Leatherhead and Canvey Island falling and no shame in it to Stourbridge who go on to the second round, where, we wish them well.

A "proper" club like ourselves who conducted themselves superbly on the day without a hint of any trouble from 225 fan's just a few feet away from us in The Shed.

I thought they were a real credit to themselves and the division and i'm really looking forward to meeting a fellow Albion fan ( Dave ) who i will be buying a drink for at Biggleswade in a couple of weeks from now.

It's fair to say they look very useful going forward,i think we'll be in for a tough match on their patch.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum