Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Non League Show - Radio 5 Live

+8
Nathan Gulliver
Tricky Tree
brockmoor
Jane.N
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
TRM
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 15:22

TRM

They are looking for somebody to record a report on our game on Saturday between 5 and 6 pm. I can't do it as I'll be heading off fairly soon after the full time whistle. Any takers?

If so you can DM your mobile number to @nonleagueshow, or if you're not on Twitter, PM it to me and I'll do the honours.

Would be a great bit of publicity on NATIONAL radio, esp if we win! It goes out between 5.30 and 6 am on Sunday mornings, but you can always catch it later on the iPlayer.

2Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 15:58

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

TRM wrote:They are looking for somebody to record a report on our game on Saturday between 5 and 6 pm. I can't do it as I'll be heading off fairly soon after the full time whistle. Any takers?

If so you can DM your mobile number to @nonleagueshow, or if you're not on Twitter, PM it to me and I'll do the honours.

Would be a great bit of publicity on NATIONAL radio, esp if we win! It goes out between 5.30 and 6 am on Sunday mornings, but you can always catch it later on the iPlayer.
I reckon Nath is the man for the job on the proviso that he is sober enough.

http://www.nibadges.com

3Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 18:23

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:
TRM wrote:They are looking for somebody to record a report on our game on Saturday between 5 and 6 pm. I can't do it as I'll be heading off fairly soon after the full time whistle. Any takers?

I reckon Nath is the man for the job on the proviso that he is sober enough.

The thought of a barely sober Nathan doing the report whilst in the act with some trollope from Workington would cement his legendary status for decades into the future.

Please god don't let Clifton's brother do it though,those match reports on The Bridge are truly cringeworthy.

Surely Nathan should be our public relation's man or even TRM.

4Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 19:36

stour_boy

stour_boy

Surely a club official is best for this?

5Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 20:18

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:

Why?

6Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 20:27

Jane.N

Nathan used to do live phone ins to the radio ( unless I have dreamt it) They were fab. I remember us making more noise and trying to put him off during them! I second the vote for Nathan to do it! Drunk or otherwise! Smile 

7Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:06

brockmoor

brockmoor

Nathan, Nathan, Nathan! Smile

8Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:14

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Do the decent thing and volunteer Nath.

Jane....like most women I expect you've dreamt about Nath at some point.

9Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:19

TRM

Nobody's actually volunteered yet, as far as I know.

10Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:27

Nathan Gulliver

stour_boy wrote:

If Radio 5 wanted a club official then surely they would have ASKED a club official?!

11Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:35

Jack

Jack
Admin

Don't try and avoid the pressure Nath. The people have spoken.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

12Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:36

Nathan Gulliver

I don't mind doing the report if it hasn't already been sorted? You're correct Jane,I used to do the live reports whenever Benson,Cliffy's brother,couldn't make it. I used to get really good feedback from The Bridge and from listeners. I did the Kendal match,our last and only visit to Cumbria,funnily enough.

13Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:37

TRM

They sent out a tweet this afternoon...

"Going to an FA Cup match this weekend? Tweet me if you'd like to be on the show."

Suggests to me they were after supporters, not club officials. I responded and was asked if I would be available between 5 and 6 if they rang me. Because I will be driving back and setting off before 5.30 I couldn't commit. Hence me putting it on here.

14Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:39

TRM

Nathan Gulliver wrote:I don't mind doing the report if it hasn't already been sorted? You're correct Jane,I used to do the live reports whenever Benson,Cliffy's brother,couldn't make it. I used to get really good feedback from The Bridge and from listeners. I did the Kendal match,our last and only visit to Cumbria,funnily enough.
Nathan - if you want to PM me your mobile number I can send it on to the Show (by Direct Message which can't be seen by all and sundry) and they will ring you on Saturday.

15Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:45

Jane.N

It was the Kendal match I was thinking of - fab, fab night!Smile 

16Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:57

Nathan Gulliver

Yes,one of the best away matches EVER. Great night,great atmosphere,great result! As each of our six goals went in,my voice was getting more and more hoarse on the radio. I said that my throat would be getting well lubricated in Plymouth that coming weekend! Adam Parkes,who was the sports chappy at The Bridge at the time,said he had kept flicking between my reports and the full match coverage on BBC Cumbria and that I was actually better than the BBC bloke!

17Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 21:59

TRM

I was listening to Radio Cumbria that night. Cracking coverage, but it did seem to get more and more "downbeat" as the night went on. Can't think why!

18Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Thu Oct 24 2013, 22:07

Nathan Gulliver

TRM wrote:I was listening to Radio Cumbria that night. Cracking coverage, but it did seem to get more and more "downbeat" as the night went on. Can't think why!

Adam Parkes said the bloke on BBC Cumbria sounded suicidal! Suppose it makes a change for a presenter on BBC radio to actually care about their local non-league side.

19Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Fri Oct 25 2013, 09:36

As "Beast" is no longer around to do it, then yes it should be Nathan. But if he is drunk, would he be able to finish the report without swearing Wink 

20Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Fri Oct 25 2013, 09:40

TRM

Nathan has volunteered and I have passed his number on to the NLS. All we need to do now is set our alarms for 5.30 on Sunday morning to listen to him.

21Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Fri Oct 25 2013, 09:41

stour_boy

stour_boy

TRM wrote:Nathan has volunteered and I have passed his number on to the NLS. All we need to do now is set our alarms for 5.30 on Sunday morning to listen to him.
Think I'll just listen to it on I-player!

22Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Fri Oct 25 2013, 17:59

NickSFCB

Nathan Gulliver wrote:I don't mind doing the report if it hasn't already been sorted? You're correct Jane,I used to do the live reports whenever Benson,Cliffy's brother,couldn't make it. I used to get really good feedback from The Bridge and from listeners. I did the Kendal match,our last and only visit to Cumbria,funnily enough.
i recall that, i think your melodical tone may have be drowned out by constant 'Yellows Yellows Yellows' everytime you were due to be on.

23Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 09:42

TRM

5 Live Non-League Show...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03f8yyk/The_Non_League_Football_Show_27_10_2013/

Nathan's bit is early on. First couple of minutes. Blink and you'll miss it! Haven't listened to it all yet, so don't know if we get any more mentions later on.

24Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 11:04

dave w

TRM wrote:5 Live Non-League Show...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode/b03f8yyk/The_Non_League_Football_Show_27_10_2013/

Nathan's bit is early on. First couple of minutes. Blink and you'll miss it! Haven't listened to it all yet, so don't know if we get any more mentions later on.
4.04 in.

25Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Empty Re: Non League Show - Radio 5 Live Sun Oct 27 2013, 15:03

scoop

I don't think that was a very fair comment about Karl Clifton.
I work for 102.5 The Bridge and know the sports editor Roy, who is very grateful for Karl's contribution every week and in midweek games.
Karl has a lot of other tasks to completed related to on pitch matters and I personally know how hard it can be to do accurate reports and previews if not fully focussed.
In my opinion  he does a great job on The Bridge

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum