Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Absolutely Loving This Forum at the Moment

+8
stour_boy
baz
Dave the Glassboy
Devil's Advocate
brockmoor
Jack
Tricky Tree
TRM
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

TRM

That's all I wanted to say!

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Best it's been to date....
Lets hope "our" moderator doesn't knock it on the head!!!!!

Jack

Jack
Admin

If only we could see who reps each post, ay Tricky? Smile

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Well I know at least one person who can!!!

Meks me suspicious that the moderator has got such a positive score.Very Happy 

brockmoor

brockmoor

Love the banter & sarcasm at times. The different opinions and discussions have been great of late. At the end of the day we all want wants best for our club, but that does seem to get lost on some posters who really do need to take a 'chill pill'.

RED ARMY.

Jack

Jack
Admin

Tricky Tree wrote:Well I know at least one person who can!!!

Wait, what? I can't see who reps what!

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jack wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:Well I know at least one person who can!!!

Wait, what? I can't see who reps what!

Do people really care how much theyre 'loved'? Sleep 

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I wasn't saying you Nory....

I live for it Brockmoor.Rolling Eyes 

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:That's all I wanted to say!
I would agree with that on the whole TRM.

The best recent "event" is the addition of Mr Gulliver in my opinion.

You wait years for one Gulliver post to appear and then you find yourself deluged by the bloody things.

I'm amazed you've found the time to write so many posts Nath,you must be typing one handed over whoever's turn it is tonights shoulder whilst in the act......and they say men can't multi task!

I think it works better on forums when everyone accepts the inevitable sarcasm and pee taking that will take place especially between grown men,everyone has a "faux pas" that others will continually jump upon such as TRM's spelling of Stourbridge the other day...tut,tut TRM,could you have picked a worse mistake to make.

Dave the Glassboys foibles regarding avoidance of the M6,despite your act of wide eyed innocence on this subject. Dave the proof is there on post 37 of the "Second Round FA Cup" thread ( my own error there of course before you mention it TRM ),you clearly are the first one to be aghast at someone heading to stated destination by using the M6 and long will you be reminded of this.

One thing on this or any other forum that is tedious though,the copying of a poster's comments and the forensic pulling apart of each sentence or paragraph by someone with an opposite view.

All opinion is valid,views will always differ but it would be much better if people made their own point about their own opinion without forensically trying to pull apart someone else's opinion.

If someone puts up a post that you don't agree with why not just put up one with your own opinion?

I've got to know a good few posters pretty well this season after only being on nodding terms at best with them for years,i have to say i've found everyone i've put a face to a username to so far to be absolutely spot on,Ulster Jim,Baz,Nath and Brockmoor who i've known for a while are all great company along with a good few i've not mentioned.

No problem should there be in poking fun and reminding posters of their silly moment's,Baz telling Hungerford's sub to "grow longer shorts" etc but be prepared to take it on the chin over an extended period when you yourself make a fatal slip up.

Edit...Tricky,i forgot to add your name to posters who i've met who turned out to be good company.......don't spit your tea out in surprise old chap :-]]

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Young chap if you don't mind please Devil.
Many thanks

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Devil's Advocate wrote:Dave the Glassboys foibles regarding avoidance of the M6,despite your act of wide eyed innocence on this subject. Dave the proof is there on post 37 of the "Second Round FA Cup" thread ( my own error there of course before you mention it TRM ),you clearly are the first one to be aghast at someone heading to stated destination by using the M6 and long will you be reminded of this.
Not having that. The quote you refer to reads as follows:

Quite why you're using the motorway for Rushall or Chasetown is anyone's guess.
Quite clearly only refers to two local teams for which a more direct route is available. It's Stourboy that has a general phobia about the M6.

Last edited by Dave the Glassboy on Thu Oct 17 2013, 07:25; edited 1 time in total

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Quick,somebody get the net,we've got a big one and he's thrashing around.

Reminding people of faux pas......"3-0 to the Stourbridge,3-0 to the Stourbridge....."
"What you on about Devil,it's 2-0"
I loved that.

baz

Love the photo from Farnborough few seasons ago,with me,stourboy and few others celebrating a goal and the Beast still reading his programme! And the Beast had a certain low market tabloid banned from the coach! Simon and his drinking exploits to Merthyr,suprise he did not drown! Simon was gonna text me updates from Bashley,our first visit there and sent the wrong score! So when i questioned him about it he said could not remember goin there!

stour_boy

stour_boy

baz wrote:Love the photo from Farnborough few seasons ago,with me,stourboy and few others celebrating a goal and the Beast still reading his programme! And the Beast had a certain low market tabloid banned from the coach! Simon and his drinking exploits to Merthyr,suprise he did not drown! Simon was gonna text me updates from Bashley,our first visit there and sent the wrong score! So when i questioned him about it he said could not remember goin there!
That was brilliant! And that photo made the front cover of one of our next programmes too. That was a brilliant day out from start to finish - can't beat winning 2-1 on a long away trip against top of the league when we were down to 10 men for the last 20 minutes and they had a chance to make it 2-2 but blazed a penalty out of the ground (Rowe-like). Brilliant.

Surely Simon and Alex have never drunk as much as they did at Leamington for the play off game!!

And back on topic; I'm doing better at taking the banter as much as I try to give it out in an amusing manner. Long may it continue.

It's also been great to put faces to a name in recent weeks.

Jack

Jack
Admin

As we're on the topic of Simon my most memorable memories of him would be him making a little girl at Leamington cry when he took a ball of her! And then the train journey back from Telford in the Cup, I'm sure he'd actually been ejected from the ground? & he on the train back struggled to understand the English of a Asian woman on the train and made no effort to hide it! Laughing 

Devil's Advocate

Dave the Glassboy wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:Dave the Glassboys foibles regarding avoidance of the M6,despite your act of wide eyed innocence on this subject. Dave the proof is there on post 37 of the "Second Round FA Cup" thread ( my own error there of course before you mention it TRM ),you clearly are the first one to be aghast at someone heading to stated destination by using the M6 and long will you be reminded of this.
Not having that. The quote you refer to reads as follows:

Quite why you're using the motorway for Rushall or Chasetown is anyone's guess.
Quite clearly only refers to two local teams for which a more direct route is available. It's Stourboy that has a general phobia about the M6.

Like i said previously.....totally aghast at someone using the M6 to get to those two venues and no doubt Hednesford and many others in that direction.

Keep it up Dave,every time you protest it just get's funnier :-]]

In reply to you Tricky..........i hang my head in shame.......i am indeed the "is it 3-0" man.

You see Dave,you can't begin to recover from the illness until you accept that you have the problem,my therapist told me this is an important part of recovery.

I hope to see you on the M6 on the way up to Workington with a bag over your head :-]]

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Even on his last post Dave mentions the M6....I reckon he secretly loves it and has got pictures from Coventry to Carlisle adorned upon his walls.
I reckon there has to be an M6 fan club knocking about with Dave as chairman.

Devil's Advocate

I heard on the radio last week that theres an annual prize for the best traffic island in the UK each year,some geezer pictures and documents all of the best that we as a nation have to offer.

Dave,we'll all club together to get you that book for Christmas mate............hours and hours of scintillating reading for you.

TRM

Devil's Advocate wrote:I heard on the radio last week that theres an annual prize for the best traffic island in the UK each year,some geezer pictures and documents all of the best that we as a nation have to offer.
Don't see how anything can top the Magic Roundabout in Swindon.

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:I heard on the radio last week that theres an annual prize for the best traffic island in the UK each year,some geezer pictures and documents all of the best that we as a nation have to offer.
Otford in Kent was the winner TRM according to Radio 5Live.

It had it's own duck pond and telephone box!

Compulsive reading for anybody with a road fetish.

baz

Were is the SHORTest road in the UK?!

TRM

baz wrote:Were is the SHORTest road in the UK?!
Is that a trick question?

baz

Was a question and a joke at my expense

Nathan Gulliver

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:
Otford in Kent was the winner TRM according to Radio 5Live.

It had it's own duck pond and telephone box!

Compulsive reading for anybody with a road fetish.
Ahh, road fetishes. In my days as a courier, long before my current drink drive ban, I was one with such a fetish. I even used to take road maps with me to peruse on the toilet! My bathroom was a library of A-Z's. It was not uncommon for me to make having a shite last about 2 hours or more. Those were the days. Had some great times on the road. I could fill this forum with tales!

As for roundabouts, any so called new town have them by the bucket loads! Welwyn Garden City, Hemel,Redditch,Telford,Swindon in general (not just the magic roundabout) spring to mind. What about the ones on the Dudley Southern Bypass, what the hell are the ugly monuments on them meant to be or symbalise? I for one have not a clue!

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nath....you're forgetting the king of roundabouts....Milton Keynes!!!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum