Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

St. Albans Admission Prices

+7
Dave the Glassboy
TRM
Tricky Tree
baz
PhilC
Devil's Advocate
UlsterJim
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1St. Albans Admission Prices Empty St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 15:29

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

These robbing bar stewards charge £12 to get in.  I propose to stay in the pub for the first half, have a couple of extra pints, and then enter the ground after half-time for free.

It is not that I can't afford it, I just think they are overcharging for this level of football and quite frankly extracting the urine.

Anyone joining me?

http://www.nibadges.com

2St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 16:24

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:These robbing bar stewards charge £12 to get in.  I propose to stay in the pub for the first half, have a couple of extra pints, and then enter the ground after half-time for free.

It is not that I can't afford it, I just think they are overcharging for this level of football and quite frankly extracting the urine.

Anyone joining me?

Any man who can afford the clothing ensemble you sported at Hungerford last night Jim is just a tight git if not prepared to pay £12 for entry.

Considering the high quality of football we are offering AND the high level of intellect you are able to mix with in the away section i think this is a price worth paying.

Coming from a man who travels the world to watch Norn Iron humiliated this is a bit rich :-]]

On a serious note....yes,St.Albans are having a laugh.

3St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 17:53

PhilC

Two pints in 45 minutes Jim - have you gone soft in your old age? Wink 

4St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 18:16

baz

Good fish n chip shop 5 mins away

5St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 18:42

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil....just because Jim looked half decent last night doesn't mean it's high quality clobber...I'm convinced that I saw an Oxfam label on his shirt.

Unfortunately I can't make this game,train fare bit too expensive.Sad 

6St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 19:01

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Devil....just because Jim looked half decent last night doesn't mean it's high quality clobber...I'm convinced that I saw an Oxfam label on his shirt.

Unfortunately I can't make this game,train fare bit too expensive.Sad 

That'll be a relief for the ref!!

7St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 19:08

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

You were giving as much out....

8St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 19:29

TRM

You could always do what the Leamington fans did last season in protest. Not merely content with making their point by not spending a penny on food and drink inside the ground, they actually ordered pizzas for delivery and consumption on the terraces!

Seriously, though, £12 is obscene for this level and it's going to cost me £3 extra for one of the kids as they're both coming and you're only allowed one free per adult.

9St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Wed Sep 18 2013, 23:04

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:You were giving as much out....

Not quite as much Trickey......i didn't scale the fence to continue the tirade once he was out of view :-]]

10St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Thu Sep 19 2013, 07:13

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Scale the fence?.....such exaggeration there devil....I could easily see over the top of it to continue my tirade.....I blame Ulster,he led the way and I followed just to make sure he didn't get into trouble.Very Happy 

11St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Thu Sep 19 2013, 12:35

PhilC

TRM wrote:You could always do what the Leamington fans did last season in protest. Not merely content with making their point by not spending a penny on food and drink inside the ground, they actually ordered pizzas for delivery and consumption on the terraces!

Seriously, though, £12 is obscene for this level and it's going to cost me £3 extra for one of the kids as they're both coming and you're only allowed one free per adult.
Family ticket for 2 adults and 2 kids is £18. Doesn't say you have to be mum and dad

12St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Thu Sep 19 2013, 20:37

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

As it's £12 to get in then let's just all take £20 notes and see if we can clean them out of change!

I'll pay the admission but they won't get another penny out of me inside the ground. The town centre's less than 10 minutes walk away and plenty of choices for food and/or drink.

13St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Thu Sep 19 2013, 21:58

stour_boy

stour_boy

Another club with delusions of grandeur seemingly.

Kings Lynn still make people queue at the ticket office before every match; no cash turnstiles. At step 3. Madness.

14St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Fri Sep 20 2013, 07:14

TRM

stour_boy wrote:Another club with delusions of grandeur seemingly.

Kings Lynn still make people queue at the ticket office before every match; no cash turnstiles. At step 3. Madness.
St Neots are doing the same this season.

When I first heard about it my gut reaction was the same as yours. However, I can see the logic if you've got the ability to do it (we haven't as our offices are inside the ground).

The turnstiles are a vulnerable area - a lot of cash in a relatively insecure place is open to theft (not that I've ever heard of it happening). Plus there is the chance for a "bent" turnstille operator to pocket a few quid, particularly if different price bands are going through the same turnstile. This way the club can make sure cash is more secure and lessen the chance of petty pilfering.

15St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Fri Sep 20 2013, 07:25

stour_boy

stour_boy

That's true, but we'd also have an extra cost of producing proper tickets for each match which I'm sure isn't cheap - the current little cards wouldn't do because people could use them match after match unless the turnstile operator crossed them out with a pen or something - which would ruin it's potential as a collectible then.

Potential for pilferage would be reduced but still exist if people paid cash at a ticket office rather than a turnstile as well.

16St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Fri Sep 20 2013, 07:49

Jack

Jack
Admin

I think specific tickets at this level is silly. You don't get them at Kiddy! But, just to throw this into the mix, while 12 quid is a lot for an adult, its still the same price for an adult and a child as at Stour. I personally feel that a fiver is a lot for a child at Stour, considering, you can do 12/15 miles down the road to Kiddy and see a much higher standard for that amount. Now are Kiddy just good value or are we over pricing?

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

17St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Fri Sep 20 2013, 08:20

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

An adult and two children under twelve would cost me £10 before I got my season ticket.
At St.Albans it would cost £15 so how is that the same price?

18St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Fri Sep 20 2013, 10:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

Should have been more specific -1 paying child (12 - 16)and an adult would be the same as 1 paying child and an adult at both clubs.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

19St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Fri Sep 20 2013, 10:57

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Another club with delusions of grandeur seemingly.

St Neots are doing the same this season.

When I first heard about it my gut reaction was the same as yours. However, I can see the logic if you've got the ability to do it (we haven't as our offices are inside the ground).

The turnstiles are a vulnerable area - a lot of cash in a relatively insecure place is open to theft (not that I've ever heard of it happening). Plus there is the chance for a "bent" turnstille operator to pocket a few quid, particularly if different price bands are going through the same turnstile. This way the club can make sure cash is more secure and lessen the chance of petty pilfering.

I seem to recall that one of our raffle ticket seller's of past years had to be relieved of his duties due to him topping up his benefit's with some of the raffle money.

It's important that these sort of jobs are done by people who can be trusted such as Nathan,the only thing he nick's is a a women's virtue!

20St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Mon Sep 23 2013, 17:06

NickSFCB

Fair play to all those who sat in a bar for the 1st half. i personally would of too. I can afford £12 but wouldnt pay it out of principle.

21St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Mon Sep 23 2013, 18:30

TRM

I think they went to a pub round the corner, Nick. The bar is inside the ground at St Albans. Besides, it would have defeated the object to drink St Albans' beer whilst refusing to pay their admission prices!

Phil and I managed to get in on a family ticket, so for six of us it only cost £24 (£18 family of 2 + 2, and £3 each for the "spare" 2 kids). The same would cost £20 at Stour, so that's not too bad under the circumstances.

22St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Tue Sep 24 2013, 15:41

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

NickSFCB wrote:Fair play to all those who sat in a bar for the 1st half. i personally would of too. I can afford £12 but wouldnt pay it out of principle.
Exactly right Nick.

23St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Tue Sep 24 2013, 17:30

brockmoor

brockmoor

Im sorry i just dont get. Miss half the game because its £2 more than Stourbridge? Why bother going that far for half a game.

24St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Tue Sep 24 2013, 17:59

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

brockmoor wrote:Im sorry i just dont get. Miss half the game because its £2 more than Stourbridge? Why bother going that far for half a game.
Half a match is better than none. Myself, Nath, Ian and Josh were making a point and chose to not give any admission fee to St. Albans on principle.

On the point of going that far..........why not it was a good days crack and I'm sure the lads appreciated our vociferous support in the second half. I have been all the way up to Glasgow to watch Rangers and stayed in the pub rather than going to the match because the crack was brilliant.

25St. Albans Admission Prices Empty Re: St. Albans Admission Prices Tue Sep 24 2013, 18:12

brockmoor

brockmoor

Jim, im not saying your right or wrong to do what you did. Everyone makes their own choice and im glad you had a great time, im just saying 'I personally just dont get it', for the purpose of £2.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum