Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Shrewsbury Town - Home

3 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Shrewsbury Town - Home Empty Shrewsbury Town - Home Tue Jul 26 2016, 10:33

redpike

2016/2017 Season

Last night was my first opportunity to see our new-look SFC, albeit with a few regulars missing, and very impressed was I !

With the impressive Duggan marshalling, our defence looked very solid with Matt rarely troubled. Not sure how many 1st teamers were playing but Shrewsbury disappointed. relying on the long ball. Can only recall one chance when a firm header went straight to Matt.

At times, we played some excellent football, particularly in the the 1st half, where our slick passing cut through their defence quite a few times.

Although I'm not his greatest fan, it was good to see Luke back again. likewise with Kayleden. Chris looked on fire throughout and deserved his goal. When Matt and Justin are available, we will be strong upfront.

With so many subs being brought on, the game was devalued but that's what pre-season friendlies are all about, I suppose.

Was further impressed with our fitness levels and also with a couple of well-worked dead ball situations.

Summarising, if we can solve the perennial problem of keeping a big squad happy, then 2016/2017 could be a very good season !

2Shrewsbury Town - Home Empty Re: Shrewsbury Town - Home Tue Jul 26 2016, 20:38

oldhillglassboy

My first taste of action this season and agree it was a hugely impressive performance , however strong Shrewsbury where or otherwise, when you consider the players we had not taking part and to play like that was very pleasing. Good to see Brown playing and looking sharp.

Excellent crowd, I even missed out on a programme!

3Shrewsbury Town - Home Empty Re: Shrewsbury Town - Home Thu Jul 28 2016, 09:28

stour_boy

stour_boy

Wasn't there, but sounds like chalk and cheese from the performance at Stratford on Saturday, which was dire,

Considering the team had experienced heads in Lait, Smikle, Duggan, Pierpoint, Heath and Brown, the performance wasn't good enough.

There were about 5 Stour fans there as well!

Sounds like a much better performance here though. Not sure we can get too carried away about prospects for the season ahead though, given the erratic results of last Saturday & Monday...

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum