Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Curzon Ashton Saturday

+2
Suffolk Stour
Old Codger
6 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Curzon Ashton Saturday Empty Curzon Ashton Saturday Fri Sep 19 2014, 23:30

Old Codger

As a comparative new comer to Stour & the Forum I am really looking forward to tomorrow's match and the Community Day.
I suppose for long standing supporters this may well seem a bit of a bore, letting anyone in on the cheap.....making a fuss of new comers kids.....but speaking as some one who is a fairly recent convert to the Stour cause I think it is a great idea.
Anything that helps to increase the average gate can only be a good thing and add to the atmosphere around the ground.
As for the match itself...will Luke be fit ? Where will Will Richards play...in defence or up front ? Will Deano pull off another great save ?..oh the hopes and expectations..
Looking at the Evo Stik league scorers list Luke is joint top with 8 goals and no Curzon player is in the top 15 so if we are without Luke it could be "all square " on the striker front.
They are +6 on goal diff the same as us so I just think that home advantage ( and US....the crowd)  will make the difference.
For me it's Stour to win 2-1

COYG

2Curzon Ashton Saturday Empty Re: Curzon Ashton Saturday Sat Sep 20 2014, 07:45

Suffolk Stour

I'm registered - great!
Been viewing from a distance for ages unable to register.
Anyway, best of luck Stour today, I'll be online watching the tweet updates giving score flashes.
Like Old Codger, I think the Community Day is a great idea and opening the new dressing rooms as well. Sounds like a lot of positive things happening.

3Curzon Ashton Saturday Empty Re: Curzon Ashton Saturday Sat Sep 20 2014, 18:13

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Community days are shocking,total and utter waste of time,I hate them with a passion.
As for today's game....absolutely woeful.

4Curzon Ashton Saturday Empty Re: Curzon Ashton Saturday Sat Sep 20 2014, 18:32

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Today's community day looked like it added about 150 to the normal gate, but once again we failed to show in front of a decent crowd. Can see why Curzon Ashton are where they are in the league, they were solid and well organised and we couldn't work out how to get past them.
One of those days to put behind us and move on...

5Curzon Ashton Saturday Empty Re: Curzon Ashton Saturday Sat Sep 20 2014, 21:12

brockmoor

brockmoor

I'm not happy.

I'm frustrated.

We are so inconsistent, not from match to match but even during games on occasions.

Today I saw a team that was 'together'. A team that was comfortable. A team that believed in what they are told to do. That team today was Curzon Ashton.

I'm not going to attack individuals that's not my style. But for me there are to many simply not good enough. There are to many that don't grab a game by the scruff of the neck.

Don't get me wrong we gave it our all today, we didn't get the breaks but we weren't good enough to break down a good team. We are dropping to many points. I see that GH said he was happy with a point at Barwell, I personally was a little disappointed. I suggest I would agree with him if we had got something today, but we haven't.

There ARE to many players out of position, we lack cohesion. I also believe we lack professionalism. In the past week I have witnessed a player coming on as a sub, only to be subbed himself because of blisters. And a player who was fit enough to play today, but on Tuesday we were told he would be out for up to two weeks. This player is now injured once more. Can I suggest these players are playing because we are struggling for numbers and cover?

If we had been put under defensive pressure like Curzon were today, we would not have held out (like Barwell for example). To challenge in this league we need to pick up points when we are not at our best.

Hey, There's a long way to go. And I will be shouting on the team once more on Saturday.

I'm looking for more of a cutting edge in attack, more cohesion, more professionalism in the coming weeks.

RED ARMY, RED ARMY

6Curzon Ashton Saturday Empty Re: Curzon Ashton Saturday Sun Sep 21 2014, 17:02

Brian Handy

Man of the Match was CHRIS KNIGHT with 11 votes, Will received 6, Louis 3 , Kyle 2, Kayelden, Luke, Josh & Reece 1 + 1 nobody.

ERIC TIMMINS won the wine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum