Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ashton away.

+8
glassboypaul
brockmoor
Clive
sirsmileriiii
Brian Handy
stoursi
Aled
Devil's Advocate
12 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Ashton away. Empty Ashton away. Sat Jan 10 2015, 21:56

Devil's Advocate

Can someone who went give us the grizzly detail's please?

I wonder if this thread will stretch to seven pages? Laughing

2Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sat Jan 10 2015, 22:22

Aled

Or indeed how many pages in before it bears no relevance to the original topic heh heh

3Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sat Jan 10 2015, 22:23

Aled

The brummies are above us again. Do I not like that!

4Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sat Jan 10 2015, 22:23

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:Or indeed how many pages in before it bears no relevance to the original topic heh heh

This is a good start Aled Laughing

My dad's bigger than your's by the way!

5Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sat Jan 10 2015, 22:48

Jack

Jack
Admin

They are a very good team. We have the makings of a very good team. They're further into the process than we are.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

6Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sat Jan 10 2015, 23:41

Baggiestour

We have the making of a very good team???GH gets rid of four /five every other month and brings in another bunch of players.i keep saying it. " he won't get stour out of this league" but yo lot think yo know better.we only beat poor teams lately.

7Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sun Jan 11 2015, 01:31

Aled

I don't think anybody believes he'll get us out if this league this season.

New league, different standard of play (what I've seen), newish team adapting.

Next season is now the acid test I reckon.

8Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sun Jan 11 2015, 08:29

Baggiestour

How many more years does he need to get us out of this standard?

9Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sun Jan 11 2015, 09:04

Jack

Jack
Admin

Considering the disruption we've had this year. (Some the ckjbs own making, some not)-2 more years. Next season play offs minimum. Season after that title.

10Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sun Jan 11 2015, 10:44

Aled

I don't have a timescale for getting promoted. If next season is an improvement on this one (so far), I'd be happy.

I don't see the next step as the promised land, and yes I'm sure I'll be accused of lacking ambition. For me, I'd like to see more quality in our style of play, and the end of winning 3-0 one week and lose 3-0 the next. In effect, like so many seasons, we need to stop capitulating away from home.

If promotion comes with that, happy days, if not, so what? I've seen us play at much lower levels than the NLP.

Besides, I dread to think what it would be like on here when we're struggling to stay up in the conference north. Look at Leamington for example, so many of thier fans, much like a good proportion of ours in recent years, can't get used to not winning every week.

11Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sun Jan 11 2015, 11:40

stoursi

Another poor away performance. They could have been 2 up before they scored. Second half all over after 8 minutes and from then on a non event. If Ashton had wanted to score more they could have done.

We were poor defensively all game but it didn't help that Morris had to go off. One thing I would like to know is why did Ex move from the left of central defence where he started to the right when Knight was paired with him. To me it would have been better to stop on the left. However if the opposition team has forwards who are mobile Ex is a liability as he has only one gear slow. This means the rest of the defence has to work hard. We need to sign at least one centre back asap.

Midfield never got to grips with there midfield. We missed Will to make tackles and try to break up play. Drew after performing so well after Sean left has gone back to his old ways. Surely Gary can see he is better in the middle than when out wide. We seem to have to many central midfielder especially now with the young lad from Blues. We certainly lack a genuine wide man.

Upfront nothing went Luke way and towards the end the attitude seem to set in. He just has to keep trying and not get down on himself. Hales ran around but like his first stint he needs to pass the ball more.

Overall disappointing day but we got what we deserved nothing.

We need two or three good experienced signings in asap if Gary can find the right ones.

12Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Sun Jan 11 2015, 15:50

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was:

LEON BROADHURST 8
The parrot in the pub 6
Chris Knight 5
Luke Benbow
Lewis McPike
Reece Hales } All 1 Vote
Brian Smikle
Reece Webb

Winner of the wine was LEE ATKINSON

Thanks to all who took part.

13Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Mon Jan 12 2015, 23:50

Baggiestour

I think we should sign the parrot in the pub on a permanent deal

14Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Tue Jan 13 2015, 10:06

sirsmileriiii

Anyone who thought we would move into the NPL and walk it as easily as we did in the SPL must be coompletely stupid.  People said at the beginning of the season that the NPL is a much tougher league, yet people still expect miracles.

This is NON-LEAGUE NOT FOOTBALL LEAGUE, and people need to realise that when posting on here.  And if you say GH won't get us out of this league, what chance would anyone else have.  after all it would still be the same players in the team, and they're the ones that win the games.  And we don't have the resources to make big changes to the team.

And as Aled has said we would struggle in the Conference North, but then again at least it would still give people a reason to moan on here.

15Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Tue Jan 13 2015, 13:08

brockmoor

brockmoor

sirsmileriiii wrote:Anyone who thought we would move into the NPL and walk it as easily as we did in the SPL must be coompletely stupid.  People said at the beginning of the season that the NPL is a much tougher league, yet people still expect miracles.

This is NON-LEAGUE NOT FOOTBALL LEAGUE, and people need to realise that when posting on here.  And if you say GH won't get us out of this league, what chance would anyone else have.  after all it would still be the same players in the team, and they're the ones that win the games.  And we don't have the resources to make big changes to the team.

And as Aled has said we would struggle in the Conference North, but then again at least it would still give people a reason to moan on here.

Im afraid it doesnt wash with me Smiler, although Im 'stupid' I dont get the Northern is stronger than the Southern arguement.

The facts are its the same level, and lets remember it was the clubs choice to move to Northern. Questions need to be asked why if it was so much tougher. (Queue the travelling arguement).

Most of us are not expecting miracles (there being no unemployment would be a miracle in my eyes) simply a little consistency & cohesion would suffice.

Yes we have had injuries but the squad looked thin at the start of the season and it still does. We have numerous players here on loan, and the players we do have are mostly being played out of position.

Im a believer that GH wont get us out of this league and I have said the same for a few seasons. I sincerely hope he proves me wrong. As for the comment if he wasnt here & it would be the same players here. The answer is simply 'NO'.
If any other manager came in most of the squad is likely to change, even if most of the players remained results could change. It happens all the time, some managers get more out of certain players than others, or have you never seen this happen?

At this moment in time, the worst thing To happen would be to get promotion I agree.

I will refrain from name calling just because I have a differrnt opinion to you also. Rolling Eyes

We all want the same thing, surely just because people disagree with your thoughts they dont need to be called 'stupid'?

16Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Tue Jan 13 2015, 16:38

Clive

Just to clarify Brockmoor's good points if I can;
Yes we did talk to the NPL to see if we needed to approach to join, but the club were placed in the NPL by the FA in the summer, they have the final say (admittedly after Worksop's resignation as we were initially placed in the Southern League, with the Brummies). The same will happen this summer once the 72 teams at our step are finalised, and then placed into a league, based on geography.
From my point of view, the NPL is run far more professionally than its Southern counterpart, they check on us regularly to ensure payments (NI etc) are up to date (something never done in the SPL). I also think that most travelling supporters seem to agree that people are more friendly on our travels so far, although that might change in the future!
I agree that, in theory, the steps are the same, but the teams this season, seem more evenly matched than we saw last year, there isn't the wide difference between sides that we all saw last last season.

17Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Tue Jan 13 2015, 16:49

brockmoor

brockmoor

I certainly agree with those comments Clive.

The 'Northern' does seem better run, the the fans far more friendly & we get more of them too!

If I ever have to go to the likes of Arlesey or Burnham again I may quit football altogether!

Although I will agree to disagree with Clive's comments about the strength in general of the league. I dont see much difference between the likes of Belper & Banbury if being honest. I think that us being 'under par' this season has made the league look stronger than what I feel it really is.

However I will not call you 'completely stupid' for having a different opinion Clive! Cool

18Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Tue Jan 13 2015, 17:39

Jack

Jack
Admin

I think the poorer teams in this league are just as poor as in the Southern. However, I also feel that the middle bulk of the league is a lot stronger than down South. Having said all that, the squad we started the season with should really have been higher than we are. But of course, fall-outs and injuries have had an impact, to say the least. Laughing

19Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Tue Jan 13 2015, 18:16

Baggiestour

by sirsmileriiii Today at 11:06 am
Anyone who thought we would move into the NPL and walk it as easily as we did in the SPL must be coompletely stupid. People said at the beginning of the season that the NPL is a much tougher league, yet people still expect miracles.

This is NON-LEAGUE NOT FOOTBALL LEAGUE, and people need to realise that when posting on here. And if you say GH won't get us out of this league, what chance would anyone else have. after all it would still be the same players in the team, and they're the ones that win the games. And we don't have the resources to make big changes to the team.

by brockmoor Today at 2:08 pm

Now who's being stupid, when did we walk the southern league? ALSO you ain't got to worry about the conference North we've got more chance of signing messi.
What chance would another manager have with those players??? Any manager worth their salt wouldn't have even brought them into the club in the first place.OH and maybe another manager might have a plan B and also try and play football.
Good comments Clive, but the club wanted to go into NPL because of not being able to attract better players and the travelling
Imo the standard of football is no better or worse than the southern league , we are a slightly poorer team than last season.

20Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Wed Jan 14 2015, 22:52

glassboypaul

Baggiestour wrote:Now who's being stupid, when did we walk the southern league? ALSO you ain't got to worry about the conference North we've got more chance of signing messi.
What chance would another manager have with those players??? Any manager worth their salt wouldn't have even brought them into the club in the first place.OH and maybe another manager might have a plan B and also try and play football.
Good comments Clive, but the club wanted to go into NPL because of not being able to attract better players and the travelling
Imo the standard of football is no better or worse than the southern league , we are a slightly poorer team than last season.

Maybe one day you'll post something constructive about the team? Maybe a positive reaction to us winning a game? I live in hope. I've looked back and you have NEVER posted after a win.

You always come out of the woodwork when we lose and use it to have a pop at the management team.

Do you have an agenda? Any chance of changing the record? Or are you just bitter because of your connections to a former player?

In fact, do you even come to games anymore?

Now who looks like the idiot?

21Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Wed Jan 14 2015, 23:19

Baggiestour

I will be there on Saturday,if you want to come and say hello.and do your homework before coming on here calling people idiots.look back a bit further WHEN we were playing good football and you will see some praise.
If I had an agenda I wouldn't go to games when I can, I've past the bitter side of things 4 months ago.
I hope that's answered your questions.

22Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Thu Jan 15 2015, 12:05

Jack

Jack
Admin

Excellent post Paul. Asking some questions I'm also I intrigued about.

23Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Thu Jan 15 2015, 12:58

Baggiestour

I ain't answerable tto you or no fucka else, if you want to ask questions from me then ask me on Saturday.

24Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Fri Jan 16 2015, 08:25

glassboypaul

Baggiestour wrote:I will be there on Saturday,if you want to come and say hello.and do your homework before coming on here calling people idiots.look back a bit further WHEN we were playing good football and you will see some praise.
If I had an agenda I wouldn't go to games when I can, I've past the bitter side of things 4 months ago.
I hope that's answered your questions.

Let me guess when Geddes was here!

I did my homework by reviewing all your posts. Praise is extremely thin on the ground.

Whatever the management team do from now will be wrong in your eyes.

I'm actually not saying you shouldn't criticise (this is an open forum and the issue of posting your own opinion has come up a lot lately) but when it is literally criticism after criticism on the posts for every defeat, it does start to grate a little as your 'agenda' is all too clear.

I'm fine with criticism (do it a lot myself) but not when it is NEVER mixed with praise when it is due.

25Ashton away. Empty Re: Ashton away. Fri Jan 16 2015, 12:58

Baggiestour

How sad are you , checking all my threads lol. Get a life and get out of mine.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum