Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ticket details for Biggleswade

+18
don81
Tricky Tree
Aled
StourLeedsMark
dave w
oldhillglassboy
Paranoid Android
Brian Handy
UlsterJim
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Nathan Gulliver
Jack
Dave the Glassboy
i'llgetmeamblecoat
stour_boy
flexcavana
Jane.N
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Go down  Message [Page 6 of 6]

126Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:37

Devil's Advocate

To be fair SB TRM is right with much of what he say's.

I became a father at the age of 24 and then had the mortgage and all the associated cost's that go with running a house and bringing up a child,in those days certain things had to go by the wayside and frivolities like football were often the thing that suffered,i didn't have a West Brom season ticket until i was about 35 year's old.

With regards to student "debt".

That is not a debt that you have even started paying back yet and as i understand it you don't have to start paying it back until you are earning over £20,000 and if you decide to become a "tree hugger" and live like Swampy you'll never have to pay back a single penny!

The "loan" is at the taxpayer's expense until you do start paying it back and at a artificially low interest rate.

Going to university is just like having children,it's a personal choice,nobody forces anyone to go,it's something you go into,as an adult,with eyes wide open as to the potential debt that MAY need paying back.

On a final note,there was nothing to stop you working for the three years that you were at university,it's a lifestyle choice to choose not to.

127Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:49

stour_boy

stour_boy

Fair enough DA.

I'm paying back now since I earn over the threshold (pedant alert: actually £15k for me, but now £21k for anyone younger than me paying the higher fees). The comments on the loan are spot on, although I do think there is a high living cost to Uni relative to the amounts received from the Government and my parents.

As you said it is a lifestyle choice and I totally agree with your comments; I only referred to the costs of Uni as an example to TRM that I am not rolling in money with my only outgoings being football and beer as he implied.

I stress that my only previous remark was to say that I'd still rather scrape £170 together in August rather than pay £230 over a season. It wasn't meant to belittle anyone who chose not to for whatever reason. Maybe that's because I tend to spend what I earn so the £170 is better out of my account before I spend any residue!!

128Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:01

Devil's Advocate

stour_boy wrote:Fair enough DA.

I'm paying back now since I earn over the threshold (pedant alert: actually £15k for me, but now £21k for anyone younger than me paying the higher fees). The comments on the loan are spot on, although I do think there is a high living cost to Uni relative to the amounts received from the Government and my parents.

As you said it is a lifestyle choice and I totally agree with your comments; I only referred to the costs of Uni as an example to TRM that I am not rolling in money with my only outgoings being football and beer as he implied.

I stress that my only previous remark was to say that I'd still rather scrape £170 together in August rather than pay £230 over a season. It wasn't meant to belittle anyone who chose not to for whatever reason. Maybe that's because I tend to spend what I earn so the £170 is better out of my account before I spend any residue!!

Very fair comments SB.

I totally agree that to pay £170 in a lump is a wise choice rather than £230 in a season,personally i always pay my credit card's off at the end of every month and in my business i pay every invoice early so that i can take around 3% in early settlement terms.

My three kid's all work and are not well off yet,i encourage them all to come to me to borrow money so that they can pay for a car,sofa etc straight away and then pay me back with no interest charges,i also ask them to come to me rather than go overdrawn and incur bank charges.

25 years ago if i could gain by paying early i'd usually try to borrow it from my parent's and then pay virtually no interest but of course,not all parents can or are willing to help their children financially.

The other point that i'd make is that for people like me a season ticket at Stour is not a good idea due to attending Albion matches as well and i'm not convinced that the 1/2 season ticket is such great value savings wise,it is however useful when it comes to cup tickets.

Theres no right or wrong in this argument but it's when one start's lecturing the other on financial property that it gets very heated and that's really best avoided,each to his own as they say.

129Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:07

Jack

Jack
Admin

If we were to draw we'd get over over 200 for the replay.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

130Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:45

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:If we were to draw we'd get over over 200 for the replay.
I think we'd struggle to take that many on a weekday Jack,if it had been a weekend then i think we'd have sold at least that.

131Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:53

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Jack wrote:If we were to draw we'd get over over 200 for the replay.
I think we'd struggle to take that many on a weekday Jack,if it had been a weekend then i think we'd have sold at least that.
I think if we ran a couple of supporters coaches, plus the usual suspects who drive we could take 200 to a reply. The reply is at least 10 or 11 days after the first game, so enough time for people to make plans about booking time off work etc.

http://www.nibadges.com

132Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:54

Jack

Jack
Admin

I dunno, if the club advertised it well I think we could take that many.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

133Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 11:59

dave w

Devil's Advocate wrote:
stour_boy wrote:Fair enough DA.

Very fair comments SB.

I totally agree that to pay £170 in a lump is a wise choice rather than £230 in a season,personally i always pay my credit card's off at the end of every month and in my business i pay every invoice early so that i can take around 3% in early settlement terms.

My three kid's all work and are not well off yet,i encourage them all to come to me to borrow money so that they can pay for a car,sofa etc straight away and then pay me back with no interest charges,i also ask them to come to me rather than go overdrawn and incur bank charges.

25 years ago if i could gain by paying early i'd usually try to borrow it from my parent's and then pay virtually no interest but of course,not all parents can or are willing to help their children financially.

The other point that i'd make is that for people like me a season ticket at Stour is not a good idea due to attending Albion matches as well and i'm not convinced that the 1/2 season ticket is such great value savings wise,it is however useful when it comes to cup tickets.

Theres no right or wrong in this argument but it's when one start's lecturing the other on financial property that it gets very heated and that's really best avoided,each to his own as they say.
As an aside - I had a 1/2 season ticket two years ago and it worked out at a decent saving (pro rata as much as a full one) plus there were the advantages of discounts elsewhere and cup ticket priority.

134Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:19

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

UlsterJim wrote:Devil have you sold Tricky's tickets yet?

Don't worry Tricky if you don't get in I can sell you a souvenir scarf instead.  Is Kaz coming the game?
Nah she ay coming to this one Ulster.

135Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:21

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:

Don't worry Tricky if you don't get in I can sell you a souvenir scarf instead.  Is Kaz coming the game?

Is that you trying to shake off your "Bumpkin" tag Tricky.

136Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:22

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Only a tag you have given me Devil.

137Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:26

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Very fitting though Tricky…………I'll get the "Bumpkin" chant going on Saturday……..you'll hear it even though you'll be stood outside the ground :-]]

Are you coming to Cambridge next week mate?

Just sorting out space in the car etc.

138Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:29

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

Very fitting though Tricky…………I'll get the "Bumpkin" chant going on Saturday……..you'll hear it even though you'll be stood outside the ground :-]]

I'll private message you.

139Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:37

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

That's disgusting……i'm not wearing leather shorts and lipstick for anyone Tricky!!

140Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:42

scoop

I am now covering the game for the media and have ONE ticket available that I brought just in case I wasn't working as I also count myself as a Stourbridge supporter.
If anyone wants it they can message me at paj67@hotmail.com or I will be in the Mitre, Lower High Street on Saturday from 1pm which will have a great pre-match atmosphere by the way.
Just ask for Scoop or Mike the landlord.

141Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 12:51

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:
Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:

That's disgusting……i'm not wearing leather shorts and lipstick for anyone Tricky!!
You did last night....very fetching you looked aswell.

142Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 14:12

dave w

Anyone who plans to be in the Duke on Saturday, be warned that a coachload of Biggleswadians are due to arrive there at 12.30. Not that I think for a second there'll be a problem but anyone who drinks in there regularly will know that getting served can be a right pain.  

I was there last night, by the way, prior to this. http://thebirminghampress.com/2013/11/big-country-river-rooms-stourbridge/ Two sell-outs in Stourbridge within four days. Has that ever happened before?

Last edited by dave w on Sun Nov 10 2013, 16:05; edited 1 time in total

143Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 21:35

Aled

You're right there Dave, it takes about half an hour to get served with only 3 people in. The Mitre it is then!

144Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Fri Nov 08 2013, 09:34

bewy

Good news - managed to get myself a ticket! But in doing so have come across a few people with some spares on Facebook so if anyone needs one let me know and I'll put you in touch.

Cheers

Last edited by bewy on Fri Nov 08 2013, 11:45; edited 1 time in total

145Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Fri Nov 08 2013, 11:21

scoop

My ticket has now gone. Thank you very much all and see you tomorrow.

146Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Sun Nov 10 2013, 00:16

Devil's Advocate

sirsmilerIII wrote:
TRM wrote:But it won't be 1,500 anyway.
Take the 1 off the front of that number and you might be nearer he mark.  After all it's only biggleswade and I think that will put people off, regardless of the fact it's the FA Cup.  I cannot see supporters from other clubs especially those in the football league paying to watch Stourbridge v Biggleswade, I just hope that I am proved wrong afro 

You were only out by 1110 in the end Smiler.

147Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 6 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Sun Nov 10 2013, 08:56

Devil's Advocate wrote:You were only out by 1110 in the end Smiler.

Yes 1610 was the official attendance given, which is strange as we had been told the capacity was only 1500. Or did the official figure include the stewards Razz 

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 6 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum