Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Ticket details for Biggleswade

+18
don81
Tricky Tree
Aled
StourLeedsMark
dave w
oldhillglassboy
Paranoid Android
Brian Handy
UlsterJim
TRM
Devil's Advocate
Nathan Gulliver
Jack
Dave the Glassboy
i'llgetmeamblecoat
stour_boy
flexcavana
Jane.N
22 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down  Message [Page 5 of 6]

101Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:42

TRM

I don't have a full season ticket or a "flexi" season ticket. I did last season, but a combination of the kids having more and more things on at weekends, and also midweek evenings from time to time, plus not exactly being flush with disposable cash (holidays, school uniforms and sports kit, sports club subs, etc) in July/August, meant I decided against this season.

I could have paid £20 for membership but decided I wouldn't bother. Having "a say" in the running of the Club doesn't fuss me too much - I'm happy to leave that to the Board and I trust their judgement. I also travel to away games under my own steam and again I was always aware (after two years ago) that this may put me at a disadvantage too. I knew full well that I would be "down the list" if it came to a match such as this.

As it happens I can't be there on Saturday but if I could and I had not been able to get a ticket, then I would be disappointed, but the point is I'd have nobody to point the finger at other than myself.

(though I will admit that in the back of my mind I was gambling on the fact, if needed, that I "know enough people" to have swung one somehow! Wink  )

102Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Wed Nov 06 2013, 20:55

Aled

Pretty sure you would have been alright TRM. I know of a few 'less connected' than you that have missed out.

103Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Wed Nov 06 2013, 21:58

bewy

Evening all,

First time poster but long time watcher of the forum.

Appreciate that the board will be full of these requests but I've missed out on a ticket for Saturday.

There are 3 of us who usually go (not claiming to go loads, we get down to 8 or so home games a season). One of the lads went this morning and got two but unfortunately by the time I got out of work they were all gone.

Appreciate I could have done more to get myself a ticket, but foolishly presumed I'd be OK to get one tonight.

Anyway, if there is a spare floating around I'd be delighted to take it off your hands. Please let me know.

Cheers,

Tom

Last edited by bewy on Wed Nov 06 2013, 23:37; edited 1 time in total

104Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Wed Nov 06 2013, 22:14

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Aled wrote:I'm talking about a full season ticket tricky, that's not far shy of a few hundred quid. There are a good many can't afford that these days.
It was £180 which is quite a lot shy of a "few hundred" quid.

It's not far shy of a "couple of hundred" quid would have been more accurate.

105Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Wed Nov 06 2013, 23:03

Aled

For Gods sake what is it with the bloody stupid correcting of posts on here. I said a few hundred, you say a couple of hundred, big bloody deal. I think it's pretty clear what the point of my post was.

I'm a pretty decently educated fellow, why is there a constant desire to correct posts by some forum posters on here? Is there an obsessive will to educate people or just an attempt to show how clever you are? Frankly, it's dull and one of the reasons I chose to give this forum a rest for a while.

106Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Wed Nov 06 2013, 23:15

Aled

Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your quest for a ticket, unfortunately, you have a couple of comma's in the wrong place, in addition to an oxymoron.

You still have time to edit your post before the thesaurus brigade come after you!

107Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Wed Nov 06 2013, 23:39

bewy

Haha, cheers Aled!

108Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 00:06

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Aled wrote:Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your quest for a ticket, unfortunately, you have a couple of comma's in the wrong place, in addition to an oxymoron.

You still have time to edit your post before the thesaurus brigade come after you!
Was it altered correctly Aled?Very Happy 

109Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 00:10

dave w

Aled wrote:Hi Tom, welcome to the forum. Good luck with your quest for a ticket, unfortunately, you have a couple of comma's in the wrong place, in addition to an oxymoron.

Hmmm.

110Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 00:17

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:For Gods sake what is it with the bloody stupid correcting of posts on here. I said a few hundred, you say a couple of hundred, big bloody deal. I think it's pretty clear what the point of my post was.

I'm a pretty decently educated fellow, why is there a constant desire to correct posts by some forum posters on here? Is there an obsessive will to educate people or just an attempt to show how clever you are? Frankly, it's dull and one of the reasons I chose to give this forum a rest for a while.
I wouldn't worry if i was you Aled,a lot of the "correction's" on here are in the line of pure banter such as me giving Sirsmiler a bit of stick for his belief that only 500 would attend this weekend,he took that in good part and i'm forever taking it on the chin if i spell something wrong or make a poor prediction.

In regards to people jumping in and making correction's such as in your case,yes,i must admit i do find that very overtly pedantic and "analy retentive" type of behaviour tedious in the extreme….you say "tomato" and i'll say "tom-ay-to"..blah,blah,blah.

Some days we do seem to have a contest to see who can be head of of the "splitting hairs department" which can really drag forums down.

Having met you the once and enjoyed your company i really do hope you keep posting.

Hope to bump into you on Saturday.

PS. I had to edit twice due to spelling faux pas!!

111Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 00:25

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I also enjoyed your company when I met you at Workington Aled but.....would it be the "thesaurus" brigade as surely a " thesaurus" just gives you different options of word usage?Very Happy Wink 

112Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 00:37

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:I also enjoyed your company when I met you at Workington Aled but.....would it be the "thesaurus" brigade as surely a " thesaurus" just gives you different options of word usage?Very Happy Wink 

I've warned you about those tickets Tricky!

Behave you Worcester Bumpkin :-]]

113Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 00:44

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I may certainly live in Worcester but I certainly don't herald from the faithful city.
A bumpkin I most certainly am not.....

114Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 01:00

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:I may certainly live in Worcester but I certainly don't herald from the faithful city.

Have you been locked in at the library Tricky?

GO to bed………..you need plenty of beauty sleep!

115Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 06:20

Aled

Fear not chaps, I need a platform for my sarcasm so am here to stay. I'm all for banter, sometimes it doesn't appear to be that. Perhaps I should refrain from posting 'whilst tired'!'!

116Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 07:33

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil's Advocate wrote:
Tricky Tree wrote:I may certainly live in Worcester but I certainly don't herald from the faithful city.
Have you been locked in at the library Tricky?

GO to bed………..you need plenty of beauty sleep!
Sorry Zeus.

117Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 09:03

stour_boy

stour_boy

Can't remember if it was £170 or £180 for an ST but very much worth it IMHO. Why pay £230 over a season (or £220 now) when you can save yourself £50/£60? It's not a huge amount of money up front in the grand scheme of things.

Guess it just comes down to priorities for what you spend money on I suppose. There seems to be some obsession with making lists of things that are higher priority to spend money on which I will refrain from joining.

118Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 09:28

TRM

There speaks a man with no house, mortgage, utility bills, wife, children to feed, clothe and educate (with all that entails), and who want to play sport out of school too, and so on.

Sort yourself out with all that, Stourboy, and then come back and lecture me on priorities!!!

119Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 09:36

Aled

TRM you took the words right out of my mouth mate! Stour boy strikes again lol

120Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 09:43

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Aled wrote:TRM you took the words right out of my mouth mate! Stour boy strikes again lol
I genuinely believe he's worse than me for posting without thinking and I'm pretty bad.

121Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 09:56

stour_boy

stour_boy

[quote="TRM"]There speaks a man with no house, mortgage, utility bills, wife, children to feed, clothe and educate (with all that entails), and who want to play sport out of school too, and so on.

Sort yourself out with all that, Stourboy, and then come back and lecture me on priorities!!![/quote]
You clearly seem to know a lot more about my finances than I do!

Clearly I was rolling in it as a student with no employment for the three years I was there, and £22k student debt building up. Next time I need validation of the worthiness of my monthly disposable income though I'll let you know.

122Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 09:59

don81

Well said Trm

123Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:02

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

Devil have you sold Tricky's tickets yet?

Don't worry Tricky if you don't get in I can sell you a souvenir scarf instead. Is Kaz coming the game?

http://www.nibadges.com

124Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:05

Devil's Advocate

UlsterJim wrote:Devil have you sold Tricky's tickets yet?

Don't worry Tricky if you don't get in I can sell you a souvenir scarf instead.  Is Kaz coming the game?

I haven't sold them yet Jim.

I'm going to hold an auction for them outside the ground at 2.30pm on Saturday so that Tricky and his kid's can bid on them as well.

125Ticket details for Biggleswade - Page 5 Empty Re: Ticket details for Biggleswade Thu Nov 07 2013, 10:06

TRM

It's about personal circumstances. You (Stourboy) said something along the lines of "£160 isn't much". It was more than I had to spare in the summer once I had dealt with more important stuff.

Sorry but student debt is not the same as other debts. You only start paying back once you earn a certain amount, and after so many years it's wiped out anyway. Try that one with my mortgage lender and see how far it gets you!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 5 of 6]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum