Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Evesham on Saturday

+7
NickSFCB
Jane.N
brockmoor
Tricky Tree
dave w
stour_boy
TRM
11 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

1Evesham on Saturday Empty Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 08:06

TRM

They played Leamington last night. £9 to get in. Assume it will be the same on Saturday. Bloody rip-off for a glorified kick-about. You've been warned!

2Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 09:52

stour_boy

stour_boy

That's decided that then - either go for the FA Cup game or if they get knocked out, go some other time. At least in the FA Cup Stour get approximately half of that money.

Sigh, paying full adult price is going to take some getting used to :/

3Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:46

dave w

That's knocked me down from a 'definitely going' to a 'maybe.' I wonder if it would be possible, when they're arranging pre-season fixtures, for the board to insist on a better admission price before agreeing to play. We're a big name, we take good travelling support, so it's not right that we should be seen as fair game for anyone wanting to maximise their income.

4Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 11:53

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Big rip off but still going to go.....any idea on prices for children(aged eight and four)?

5Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 13:26

TRM

According to their website the normal admission prices are...

Adults £9
OAPs/Students £5
Under 16s Free

It doesn't say that under 16s need to be accompanied by an adult, for what it's worth.

Leamington fans gave them some right earache about it last night, I'm told, and most didn't buy and food or drink. I know others will say that's petty, but personally I salute them!

6Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 13:27

TRM

By the way, I wasn't going anyway. We're off to see Worcester v Somerset in the pretend cricket at New Road.

7Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 13:32

TRM

Sorry, me again...

Evesham's line-up last night included ex-Glassboys John Bateman, Marcus Jackson, Marcus Palmer and Linden Dovey.

8Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 14:22

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

I knew I could rely on you TRM for my reply.
Many thanks.
p.s......Worcester will lose.

9Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 15:42

TRM

Tricky Tree wrote:p.s......Worcester will lose.

More than likely, but then it's not proper cricket so I'm a bit shruggy shouldered about it.

10Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 16:19

stour_boy

stour_boy

Will there be a programme?

11Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 16:39

TRM

I'm sure there will be a scorecard.

12Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 22:46

brockmoor

brockmoor

£9? An utter outrage!
zzzzzzzz

13Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Wed Jul 24 2013, 22:50

TRM

When you consider we charged £6 for the Kiddy match (SLP v Conf Prem), then £9 for SLS&W v SLP is over the odds.

Or perhaps we weren't maximising our revenue streams enough at the Kiddy game? Rolling Eyes 

14Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:11

TRM

brockmoor wrote:£9? An utter outrage!
zzzzzzzz

So outrageous that they've reduced it to £7.

Still, we'd have been much happier just meekly accepting being fleeced!

15Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:30

brockmoor

brockmoor

I do find some of the comments on here funny concerning a few quid. First it was paying a pound ( yes a single pound ) to park at ground. And now it was the possibility of being 'forced' to pay £9 for a friendly! #laughable.

16Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:41

TRM

If nobody had said anything (and I'm talking mainly about Leamington's supporters here) it would still be £9 on Saturday. It's now £7. To anybody going to the game that's £2 saved. Just because a few people made a bit of a fuss. The sums involved are not important. It could be £2 or £200. The point is it being over the odds.

It's just possible that the reduction might encourage more Evesham and Stour supporters to go (and to spend a bit more once in the ground). There's every chance Evesham will make more from their "generosity", not less. Several Leamington supporters made the point to Evesham that once they'd paid to get in they spent not one penny more inside the ground. No beer, no food, no prog, no raffle. Evesham lost out on good revenue.

That's why over-charging is so silly. When it's so obviously silly it loses more than it gains.

17Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:45

brockmoor

brockmoor

I dont see £7 or £9 as overcharging to be honest. If it was over £15 i could understand it! Maybe if Stourbridge fans moaned about the £7 admission fee on Saturday, future visitors will get in even cheaper! Lol

18Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:51

TRM

£9 is Evesham's usual admission charge for League matches this coming season. If you rate a pre-season friendly (albeit against a side from one division higher) at the same level of importance and value then it's not overcharging. If you don't then it is.

19Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 21:55

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Brockmoor......are you on a permanent wind up mission?

20Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 22:08

brockmoor

brockmoor

Errrr No. I was going to ask the same question to others. Somethings arent worth worrying about, and a few quid isnt one of them. Afterall if some fans think its to expensive, simply dont go. Im sure were not dragging fans screaming and shouting through the turnstile?

21Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 22:20

Jane.N

For some a few quid - especially if there are more than one in a family can and does make a difference. These fans may be real, genuine fans who have to look at what they can or cannot afford. The opportunity to go and watch a game - even a pre-season friendly - and cant cos of over pricing is a choice some of us have to make! Its not about dragging fans kicking or screaming its about the fact that for what should be 'affordable games - great we can go' - to over pricing and making it more difficult for fans to justify spending the extra. Your arrogance at times astounds me!

22Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 22:31

brockmoor

brockmoor

Im sorry but what can you get for £2, or if were talking about a pound for the parking issue? If people are that close the 'bread line' i would suggest they stay away altogether and put food on the table, that is far more important. Im stating a fact how its seen as arrogance is beyond me.

23Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 22:59

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

It really baffles me as to how you regularly seem to rub people up the wrong way.
I thought I was the king of wind up.
You constantly seem to belittle people's opinions.
Instead of having a concise opinion you appear to get pleasure from just dismissing it as wrong or ludicrous.
There appears to be a common theme that your on your own with many of your opinions(especially since your partner in crime spat his dummy)
Maybe the rest of us are missing the point or it could be that your arrogance knows no bounds?

24Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 23:20

brockmoor

brockmoor

King of Wind Up?

Seems you've met your match Wink

Unlike others 'Tree' im not frightened to speak my mind. Lifes to short and you will always know where you stand with me. Im not two faced and will not talk behind others backs. I dont care if im liked, but it would be nice to be! Lifes about opinions and the sooner people realize im always right the better!!!

25Evesham on Saturday Empty Re: Evesham on Saturday Thu Jul 25 2013, 23:21

TRM

Steady on, folks. I don't agree with Brockmoor on this and I've tried my best to explain why. But his money is his to spend (or overspend) as he sees fit. And he's entitled to his opinion too. I just hope he never becomes Chairman!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum