Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Up for the cup....Evesham here we come.

+6
Dave the Glassboy
brockmoor
TRM
Jack
Tricky Tree
Devil's Advocate
10 posters

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Devil's Advocate

Really looking forward to this one!

Brockmoor,Baz and myself will be travelling in comfort rather than on Jim's bone shaker.

I really hope we can get 100+ out to Evesham to get behind the lads,a cup run is important after last season's early departures from FA Cup and Trophy,the cash will come in useful for WHEN we we get promoted.

I for one hope Mr.Gulliver is able to make the trip,the vocal support always increases a few notches with Nathan amongst us so it'll be good top see him on top form on the day if he can make it.

If Dovey and Palmer score the goals that knock us out i think i'll top myself!!

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Another game I can't make because I'm off to watch the tricky tree's.
Updates will be appreciated.
Not particularly upset I won't be going to that ground again this season,I didn't think much of it pre-season.

There are some fans going by train, and we are catching the 12:04 from Stourbridge Town if anyone's interested cheers 

When we get to Evesham someone suggested that we walk from the station to the ground as we pass 7 pubs, but unfortunately we won't have enough time.

We've got an hour between trains at Worcester Foregate Street coming back, so we might as well drop into "The Postal Order" while we are waiting drunken

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Saracens head is a far superior pub and a two minute walk from forgate.

It's a hell of a walk from Evesham station to the ground as I found out to my cost.
Taxi is advised.

Tricky Tree wrote:Saracens head is a far superior pub and a two minute walk from forgate.

It's a hell of a walk from Evesham station to the ground as I found out to my cost.
Taxi is advised.
I never intended to walk to the ground, it would have either been a taxi or 540 bus from the bus station which goes past the ground.

As for the pub in Worcester, I don't really care what it's called as long as I can get a drink Razz

Jack

Jack
Admin

The Saracens Head is a good pub. Not that I've ever been there Mom. Honest! Laughing 

As for Evesham, if we don't beat them, we don't deserve to go further. But we will beat them, with ease. 5-1. Rowey to get a hat-trick. Linden to score a peach for them!

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

TRM

I knew they hadn't started particularly well but I couldn't believe it when I saw they'd only got two points from five games!

But better teams than us have lost to worse teams than Evesham. The worst thing we can do is be complacent - this is a game where our attitude has got to be spot on. Look at how much we struggled at Bewdley once we were a goal behind and they had something to defend. The trouble is no matter how much you tell yourself that, the subconscious will always nag away at you saying it's a piece of cake and you only have to turn up.

We should win but I'll be happy with a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1. As long as we don't saddle ourselves with a replay...

Jack

Jack
Admin

Ahhh the good old Bewdley myth. I cannot remember thinking at any point that we were going to lose. We battered them and it was a matter of time, throughout the game before we scored. The difference is that, Evesham are better, which actually works in our favour imo.

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Nory I totally and utterly agree with you about Bewdley.

TRM

I've seen plenty of games where we battered teams and it was only a matter of time until we scored. Bedford a week ago, for instance...

brockmoor

brockmoor

Completely agree TRM.

Devil's Advocate

I remember us "battering" St.Neots,Kettering,Bedworth and others last season and still ending up the game with nil,the old chestnut of "only a matter of time before we scored" always get's dragged out as the perfect cliche on the few occasions your team does score in the end and get's the late win or the draw.

Oh how us football fan's low our cliches,

Only one team in it,

Game of two halves,

There was only ever one possible outcome to that,

He HAD to go for that,

What a load of old b0ll0x,it never has and never will be "just a matter of when"...........unless it's in conjunction with Billy Davies acting like a little tw@t again!!

Evening Trickey ;-]]

Jack

Jack
Admin

Isn't it funny how people have different views, never thought for one second we'd lose. Think comparing it to league games isn't exactly right, considering how many levels below they were. Wink

TRM

The status of the two teams isn't relevant. Plymouth were three divisions above us, however poor they may have been, but we kept them to "nil" in the replay. The USA stopped England scoring in 1950. Berwick Rangers did it to Rangers in 1967 (I think). History is littered with such games.

Devil's Advocate

In 1974 when i started watching Stour we got to the Welsh Cup Final beating league teams who were desperate for a passage into European competition,i seem to remember us beating Swansea and Wrexham both away on the way to losing to Cardiff 1-0 in both legs of the final,Cardiff were equivalent to a Championship side i think at that time.

I bet Swansea and Wrexham thought it was "just a matter of time" as well.

The sooner these silly cliches are consigned to the dustbin the better.

The answer is simple, to win we need to score goals and stop them from getting any Wink

TRM

Not necessarily. They could score loads, as long as we score loads plus 1!

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

TRM wrote:We should win but I'll be happy with a scrappy 1-0 or 2-1. As long as we don't saddle ourselves with a replay...
I can't get off work in time to catch the coach to Hungerford next week, so a Cup replay wouldn't be a total disaster! Wink

TRM

Breaking News!!!

DtG in "Actually quite pleased if it turns out we have to play YET ANOTHER match against Evesham" shock!!!

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Well, I'd prefer us winning and Hungerford having a replay!

TRM

Hungerford are at home to Cove FC - currently 19th in the Combined Counties League (Step 5 - equivalent to Midland Alliance) with four points from seven games. Not expecting that one to go to a replay, although needless to say stranger things have happened.

Jack

Jack
Admin

Slightly off topic, but if the club needed anymore motivation to get promoted, they should look at who Leamo have got this weekend! Only a few years ago we'd never dream of playing away at Stockport, nowadays it's very much a reality! Would quite like them to do well on Saturday.... Stockport, that is! Wink

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Slightly off topic, but if the club needed anymore motivation to get promoted, they should look at who Leamo have got this weekend! Only a few years ago we'd never dream of playing away at Stockport, nowadays it's very much a reality! Would quite like them to do well on Saturday.... Stockport, that is! Wink
Stockport have a hideous set of fan's,the farther that club fall's the better.

For once i'll be rooting for Leamington.

A choice from two evils really.

I just hope Evesham don't have a problem with their pitch after all the rain recently, is supposed to be ok tomorrow though. I predict 2-1 to stour with a last minute goal, and as for the crowd who knows so I say 1 man and his dog which equals 263 Wink 

brockmoor

brockmoor

Evesham 1-0 Stourbridge.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 3]

Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum