Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

First round proper cup draw.

+5
stour_boy
Dave the Glassboy
Old Codger
sirsmileriiii
Devil's Advocate
9 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1First round proper cup draw. Empty First round proper cup draw. Sat Oct 24 2015, 22:52

Devil's Advocate

Yeovil or York at home would be interesting.

Coventry or Sheff Utd or Pompey away would be a nice earner as they are always well supported.

Worcester home or away would be a great atmosphere.

Okay,okay......Didcot at home

2First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Sun Oct 25 2015, 07:47

sirsmileriiii

A nice easy draw in the 1st round, so we can march on to Stevenage in the 2nd Laughing

3First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Sun Oct 25 2015, 15:26

Old Codger

Peterborough anyone ?

4First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Sun Oct 25 2015, 15:34

sirsmileriiii

Old Codger wrote:Peterborough anyone ?

Halfway between Leicester & King's Lynn Wink

Good suggestion or we could hope for Hartlepool, then everyone can get to meet Jeff Stelling Suspect

5First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Sun Oct 25 2015, 21:11

sirsmileriiii

The other obvious question is depending on the draw, could we be one of the live games on TV cheers

6First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Sun Oct 25 2015, 22:56

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

sirsmileriiii wrote:The other obvious question is depending on the draw, could we be one of the live games on TV cheers

Well, the obvious answer is yes we could.

7First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Sun Oct 25 2015, 23:18

Devil's Advocate

Stourbridge v Didcot would be an absolute "must" for live TV :-)

I suspect we might get on if we draw Sheff Utd.

Brockmoor fancies a trip to Millwall!!

8First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 11:52

stour_boy

stour_boy

60% chance of drawing a league team.

Hoping for Conference Premier or above - Chesham or St Albans etc. would be poor draws.

As above, either a 'big ticket' league team (let's face it, would prefer not to be Plymouth or Walsall, and ANYONE BUT STEVENAGE!) or the lowest ranked team at home.

9First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 19:23

Jane.N

What a nothing draw!!

10First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 19:29

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

Take Friday off. Get in a booze cruise and the football on Saturday. Simple!

11First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 19:32

Devil's Advocate

Underwhelming hardly does it justice.

Hard to think of a much worse draw to be honest and the reason that I thought the Kiddie match was worth treating like the first round proper.

That said,they'll fancy their chances and might underestimate us,there's no reason we can't cause an upset.

Then get Didcot in the next round

12First round proper cup draw. Empty First round proper cup draw Mon Oct 26 2015, 19:34

samhistory

samhistory

Could be worse, but i'm scratching my head wondering how, hope they're arrogant and underestimate us. COYG.

13First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 19:47

Old Codger

samhistory wrote:Could be worse, but i'm scratching my head wondering how, hope they're arrogant and underestimate us.  COYG.

Tend to agree, but given that Dover appear to be having a decent season and are 4th in the National League where kiddy are bottom I rather doubt they will underestimate this fixture.
But you have to say that the way the lads are playing at present they really could just do it or bring them back to Amblecote.
If our back 4 continue their current impressive form absolutely anything is possible.....it's the way of things on the FA Cup.
COYG !

14First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 19:59

Devil's Advocate

Fourth worst supported club in the Conf with average gates of 822 this season.

We're not going to get rich off this tie but maybe we can out sing them.

15First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 20:47

sirsmileriiii

Devil's Advocate wrote:Fourth worst supported club in the Conf with average gates of 822 this season.

We're not going to get rich off this tie but maybe we can out sing them.

Saw some of their fans during highlights from a round last season, where they seemed intent on causing trouble. Not looking forward to the 5 hour each way coach journey, but we must get behind the team.

And you never know what might happen, especially as I seem to remember us being written off when drawn against Plymouth. We have to remember that no matter who we get, nobody will be as easy as Kiddy were.

16First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 22:12

Dave the Glassboy

Dave the Glassboy

Think of it this way - we were only one ball away from playing bloody Stevenage again!

17First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 22:18

Nath

Dave the Glassboy wrote:Think of it this way - we were only one ball away from playing bloody Stevenage again!

We only get Stevenage in the 2nd round Dave so you never know, there is still chance to draw them again yet!

18First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Mon Oct 26 2015, 23:01

Jane.N

I was on the phone to Jack watching the draw together and we said the same thing Dave. Straight after us was bloody Stevenage - our numbered balls must have magnets in them joining us so close together every year!!

19First round proper cup draw. Empty First round proper cup draw Tue Oct 27 2015, 01:09

samhistory

samhistory

One of the posts on the Dover forum says that this is essentially a bye for them, hope that they will be complacent, it would be sweet to make him eat his words.

20First round proper cup draw. Empty Re: First round proper cup draw. Tue Oct 27 2015, 07:57

sirsmileriiii

samhistory wrote:One of the posts on the Dover forum says that this is essentially a bye for them, hope that they will be complacent, it would be sweet to make him eat his words.

That's strange because when I read that forum quite a few of their fans were actually worried about playing us, so unfortunately I think he is a minority. But yes it would be nice to shut him and any other Dover fans up who expect an easy game Wink

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum