Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Sutton Coldfield - Home

+3
stour_boy
Devil's Advocate
redpike
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Sutton Coldfield - Home Empty Sutton Coldfield - Home Mon Oct 12 2015, 23:25

redpike

The clash of the league's two inform teams saw us come out comfortable winners against a side that played good football in the first half. After the interval, playing against ten men, I thought we gave the complete professional performance, passing the ball around and letting our opponents do the chasing.

Once again, our defence was superb with Lewis having a very easy night. In midfield, Leon's work rate was colossal and, upfront, Karl again impressed with his overall play, quite apart from scoring one and making the other.

We are beginning to look a very good team, based on the good, traditional ethics of hard work, helping each other out, high fitness levels, a good mix of experience and youth and all backed up by no shortage of skill.

Well done to Gary and his team, both on and off the field. 26 points out of 30 ain't 'arf bad gooin !!!

2Sutton Coldfield - Home Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield - Home Mon Oct 12 2015, 23:40

Devil's Advocate

Totally agree with all the above,Hawley stole the show for me but Leon is looking superb again in his proper position.

Square pegs are being put in square holes this season and the result is more consistent performances all over the pitch.

Football is often a simple game over complicated by coaches and managers,I'm glad to see us get away from that muddled type of thinking.

I think this is the perfect time to add a couple of quality signings,let's put the boot into the other teams contesting the division whilst we are in such a strong position.

It's time to be brave as a club and to go for it in my opinion.

It's nice to see such good football being played again after the dirge of last season,keep it up lads.

3Sutton Coldfield - Home Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield - Home Tue Oct 13 2015, 09:04

stour_boy

stour_boy

Good to see some decent commentary on here from a game we won! Was beginning to believe the chuntering about people only posting on here to complain Sad

Another great win, rounding off a pretty good day for the club all in all!

What a crucial game up at Darlington this Saturday.

Congratulations to the players & management for the fantastic run of form of late.

The defence has come on leaps and bounds since we were cut apart at will against Barwell - only three goals conceded in nine games since that point. We weren't shy of goals before Barwell either, so although Hawley and Richards are deservedly taking many of the plaudits, its so pleasing to see our defence much improved from the early part of the season.

Another good crowd for a Monday night - lets hope it continues next Monday against Ilkeston.

4Sutton Coldfield - Home Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield - Home Tue Oct 13 2015, 09:22

baz

Nice to have the feel good factor back at Stour,long may it continue,just hope we can stay injury free as the group of players we have are gelling well.

5Sutton Coldfield - Home Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield - Home Tue Oct 13 2015, 09:26

Jane.N

I thought we played some really, really good football last night.

There was a spell in the second half when we were a little complacent and got a bit cocky but generally speaking it was very comfortable.

Our attacking play is lovely to watch and you always felt we could score again.

I do think our defence is doing well too, like others have said, . We are passing from defence not just hoofing. Very Happy

I am sure we were all anxious when Ben went down but good to see him back starting and playing so well.

Great result and performance - well done all.

Must say too, I normally detest bands in grounds, I put them in the same category as cheerleaders! Evil or Very Mad  However last night's band from Sutton were very good! Smile

6Sutton Coldfield - Home Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield - Home Tue Oct 13 2015, 16:01

Brian Handy

The Man of the Match voting was as follows:

LEON BROADHURST 13 votes

Karl Hawley 12

Brian Smikle 6

Kristian Green 4

Justin Richards 2

Lewis Solly 1

The wine was won by RICHARD CLARK

Thanks to everyone who took part.

7Sutton Coldfield - Home Empty Re: Sutton Coldfield - Home Tue Oct 13 2015, 21:50

Old Codger

So pleased that Leon got the vote for mom last night. Thought he looked a tad off the pace against Rushall but boy did he get through some real graft last night. To me he epitomises all that is good about none league football. No gobbing off or retaliation if fouled a real credit to himself and the club. I thought Sutton would have been a tougher test quite frankly but in the end they did not seem to have a plan B when plan A failed I.e. come at us at 100 mph and blow us away. Our back 4 were immense and Junior continues to impress at full back. Happy days

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum