Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Empty Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Sat Jul 18 2015, 18:47

Devil's Advocate

Man of the match had to be our new goalie Charlie Price,some absolutely stunning saves……..that tell's you quite a lot about today.

Jamie Insall ( again ) was the pick of the outfield players and the subbing of him was absolutely mind boggling…answers on a postcard please,a ludicrous decision,he clearly wasn't injured considering all the speedy closing down of Redditch defender's and keeper that he's just done.

Like other's have said on Twitter,Stour have a major problem,lack of firepower. Insall scored a lovely goal,worked his nut's off as usual and linked play well BUT he needs a quality forward alongside him,Junior ( for all his work rate ) and Kayelden are not the answer.

If we don't find at least one 25-30 league goal's a season striker then we are in for another season of severe struggle,it's the same problem we've had for a couple of years,the need to pay the Bucks necessary to get the right men at the sharp end of the pitch.

Kristien Green did well at wing back again today but 3-6-1 or 3-5-1-1 or whatever it was supposed to be doesn't work,we were exposed down Chilton's side time after time but we did nothing to rectify it.

We moved the ball quite well when attacking but apart from Insall we were toothless….we have three weeks to sort this out.

2Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Empty Re: Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Sun Jul 19 2015, 15:25

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows:

CHARLIE PRICE 6

Stuart Pierpoint 4

Dew Canavan 2
Junior Smikle 2

Lee Chilton
Tom Tonks
Jamie Insall } all 1 vote
Redditch No 10

ANDY HILL won the wine.

Thanks to everyone who took part.

3Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Empty Re: Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Mon Jul 20 2015, 10:01

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil..... It appears as though I'm liking your arse but yet again you are spot on.
Can't we start disagreeing again.... It was more fun.

4Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Empty Re: Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Mon Jul 20 2015, 10:01

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil..... It appears as though I'm liking your arse but yet again you are spot on.

5Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Empty Re: Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Mon Jul 20 2015, 10:29

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Devil..... It appears as though I'm liking your arse but yet again you are spot on.

I'm relieved you are "liking" my arse rather than "licking" it Tricky Laughing Razz Embarassed

I gather that Jamie asked to come off on Saturday though so i was wrong on that score.

6Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Empty Re: Redditch United 2-1 Stourbridge. Wed Jul 22 2015, 13:41

stoursi

Thought most of the match we were second best. They were certainly quicker to the ball than us.

Agree we have to find a striker who is going to score 25 goals a season.

Notice today we have agreed terms with Hayward. Personally would like us to sign Baldwin on as well.

From behind the dugout could not see our new coach as Mark was giving instructions hopefully this will change and the new coach will be allowed to coach.

Still think four as part of a management team is too many voices.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum