Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Best way to your ground from New Street?

+3
BonViveur
Aled
littledan
7 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

littledan

Hello, I'm hoping to make my first visit to your ground on Saturday but am struggling to work out the best way to get there from Birmingham New Street. I will have a 4 year old with me, so I'm keen to keep walking to a minimum if possible. Would it be better to get the 2 or 3 trains from New St then walk from Stourbridge Town or is there a better way by bus? Really need to be back at New St by 6.30. Any help would be gratefully received. Thanks, Dan

Aled

Hi mate, i'm sure someone with more knowledge of public transport will be able to help you shortly. You can get the train to Stourbridge Junction from New St or Snow Hill (can't recall which one the Stour line goes to).

From the junction, it's a quick hop on the 'Dodger' to Stourbridge Town and we are a 10 minute walk (20 minutes with a little one!) from there. Failing that, there are several buses that go straight past the ground. The 256 to Wolverhampton certainly does, but there are others.

BonViveur

Hi.

If you walk from New Street to Snow Hill / Moor Street (both are clearly signed from New Street) then you can get the Stourbridge train (look for trains heading to Kidderminster and Worcester). If you walk to Snow Hill you can also get the Number 9 bus which goes into the centre of Stourbridge however it can take about 45 minutes. If you're on the train then get off at Stourbridge Junction and hop on the shuttle to Stourbridge Town. As stated above it might be a bit of a walk from there with a young one but there is a taxi rank directly opposite the bus interchange and Stourbridge Town train station. I can't imagine a cab would set you back more than £3/4 from there.

Enjoy your visit.

dave w

I do the trip regularly from the city centre by train and provided there are no train delays you'll get back for 6.30 with no problem although you will have to make sure you get the 17:20 from Town. As BV said, get a cab from Town station (your four year old will love the novelty of the shuttle train) and arrange for them to pick you up after the match. It's no more than a couple of minutes around the ring road and traffic isn't much of a problem.

Leaving New Street you're best going to Snow Hill, allow ten minutes for the walk but you might want to stop and see the Bull and also Selfridge's (again, a four year old will love them). If you get lost there are plenty of police/city wardens around to guide you.

Have a good day and I hope your team lose.

Devil's Advocate

Maybe one of our generous supporter's could offer this gentleman and his lad a ride from the station to the ground and vice versa?

I'll be suffering at West Brom on Saturday so i can't do it but i can think of a good few who would be happy to sort this out if prompted.

Just a thought.

littledan

Thank you all so much for the replies. Very helpful. The trip is now looking more likely, but now depends if I can persuade said 4 year old.

glassboypaul

Can't believe people are saying to get a cab from Stourbridge Town. It's a 15 minute walk at most, enjoy the fresh air!

People never walk anywhere these days. Always looking for the faster option.

Devil's Advocate

littledan wrote:Thank you all so much for the replies. Very helpful. The trip is now looking more likely, but now depends if I can persuade said 4 year old.

Just how naughty has your son been recently?

Does he really deserve this?

glassboypaul

We should be attracting new fans not scaring them away, even if the footy hasn't been the best.

littledan

Devil's Advocate wrote:
littledan wrote:Thank you all so much for the replies. Very helpful. The trip is now looking more likely, but now depends if I can persuade said 4 year old.

Just how naughty has your son been recently?

Does he really deserve this?

He's been a nightmare. Totally deserves it.

littledan

glassboypaul wrote:Can't believe people are saying to get a cab from Stourbridge Town. It's a 15 minute walk at most, enjoy the fresh air!

People never walk anywhere these days. Always looking for the faster option.

Normally I'd agree but the cab option appeals as (a) 15 minutes is a long walk when you're 4, (b) never been before and my map reading skills could turn that into a 50 minute walk and (c) need to get off quite quickly or will miss connection.

glassboypaul

May as well get the cab from Stourbridge Junction then in that case, as getting the shuttle won't be worth it it you were planning to taxi it from there anyway.

UlsterJim

UlsterJim

glassboypaul wrote:May as well get the cab from Stourbridge Junction then in that case, as getting the shuttle won't be worth it it you were planning to taxi it from there anyway.

Bear in mind the robbing bar stewards will charge you a minimum fare of £5, probably £6 if you get the train from Stourbridge Junction.

There are normally a couple of Scousers (sorry robbing bar steward taxis) sitting on the main car park at Stour Junction, but if not the number of a local firm is 01384 838383 and you wont have to wait more than 5 minutes.

http://www.nibadges.com

glassboypaul

There was a lot of Marine fans today, mostly well behaved from what I heard.

littledan

Thanks again for all your help. We enjoyed our visit to your ground, one that we wouldn't normally have made (due to distance) but very glad we did. James enjoyed getting 8 trains, especially the shuttle ("That's a silly train daddy") and I enjoyed your ground and the friendliness of your supporters. Good luck for the rest of the season. I'm hoping both clubs remain in the division for next season, not saying you'll get relegated, but is there a chance you might get moved sideways?

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum