Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

A Rallying call for the St.Neots match - Let's get the ground buzzing.

4 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Devil's Advocate

I rarely post these days as some of you will realise but i wanted to say a few words about next Tuesday's first home match.

It's easy to get a crowd into Amblecote for the big matches such as play off's and FA Cup games but i really do hope that all of the regular's do their very best to encourage their friend's and family to turn up on Tuesday v St.Neots.

We've done well to build up an average crowd of around 450 for league games but if the weather is good on Tuesday then i hope we can get well over 500 and hopefully 600+.

Andy and Gary have pulled a massive Rabbit from the hat in getting Rowey back and seeing Ryan back along with the new signing's and the old favourites gives me great hopes for the coming season.

Let's grab all the family and friend's we can and help boost the gate and the atmosphere on Tuesday and for every home match this season.

On a personal note i'd like to say how much i've enjoyed getting to know a lot of the regular fan's at the pre season games,after years of just recognising faces but never really chatting it has been a good laugh meeting Nathan,Jim,Andy Hill and many others and may the banter long continue.

Could not agree more, we all need to make some serious noise.  So COME ON YOU BUGGERS!!!

Also if any help is needed getting the ground prepared, could someone please put details on here so I know when to be up the ground.

Devil's Advocate

sirsmilerIII wrote:Could not agree more, we all need to make some serious noise.  So COME ON YOU BUGGERS!!!

Also if any help is needed getting the ground prepared, could someone please put details on here so I know when to be up the ground.
Sunday morning at 10.30am for helpers to go to the ground according to the Stourbridge News.

TRM

Absolutely bang on, DA!

Sadly I can't make it as we're going to Lords that day and won't be back until after 9.

TRM

Welcome back, by the way!

TRM wrote:Sadly I can't make it as we're going to Lords that day and won't be back until after 9.
Whilst we are on the subject of cricket, there are also reports in tonight's E&S and Stourbridge News that says there is a charity cricket match taking place at the ground on Tuesday 20th starting at 6:30pm.  I hope this is an error, or it means someone has made an almighty cock-up affraid

Devil's Advocate

TRM wrote:Welcome back, by the way!

Thanks Richard.

I'm sure we'll get the chance to chat this season.

I'm feeling really positive now that Ryan's back,let's hope him and Luke become the new " Bates and Haywood" and that they tear up this division.

My hope for this season is that as many regulars as possible try to encourage people they know to come along to games to give it a try.

I've cajoled a few fellow Albion fans to give it a try and they now come along to about 6 games a season at Stour,if everybody would make a concerted effort and the club helped with a "Friend for a fiver" type of offer that allowed you to get a mate to trial it for less than half price then i think we could get a major boost.

I never miss an Albion home game normally but i'm intending to come to Amblecote on Tuesday rather than to the League Cup match at West Brom,considering i've suffered most of Stour's pre-season games it would be silly to miss the real stuff.

I also hope we get more in The Shed this season,it's the traditional "home end" and back in the 70's it used to be packed and give great vocal support,we need to get it rocking again,why give away teams an easy ride!?

Devil's Advocate wrote:
TRM wrote:Welcome back, by the way!
let's hope him and Luke become the new " Bates and Haywood" and that they tear up this division.
And for supporters who can't remember that far back, let hope him & Luke become the new "Gocan and Wright"Wink 

Jack

Jack
Admin

Call yourself an Albion fan DA?! The League cup isn't until the 27th! Wink

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

Devil's Advocate

Jack wrote:Call yourself an Albion fan DA?! The League cup isn't until the 27th! Wink

Aah,schoolboy error on my part.

I blame Brockmoor,he asked me yesterday which match i was going to choose out of the two?

I'm delighted that i now have a packed week of football to enjoy.

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

The devil is back.....good to see.
Spot on about the shed....

Jack

Jack
Admin

I'm sure this has probably been discussed time and time again, but why do we not attack the shed second half? There is no atmosphere behind the goal at the Church End. Take away Gosport & Plymouth, when was the last time there was a lot of noise behind that goal? Surely it makes sense to have the majority of our vocal backing in the second half?

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

TRM

Have to agree, Jack, but it seems that the players/management have their reasons. At least we can get to the bar quicker at full time!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum