Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

TIMES UP!!!

+9
Baggiestour
Jack
Tricky Tree
baz
Devil's Advocate
Aled
brockmoor
glassboypaul
Stourman1
13 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1TIMES UP!!! Empty TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 08:24

Stourman1

It's time the board came out and did something. I'm fed up with Gary deserves the right for a bad season???
We all know managers our bad results away from the sack. Gary is no different. The clubs gone stale, we need to build again and unfortunately Gary isn't the man. Yes he's a proud nan but Gary if you read this step down for the good of Stourbridge and let's get another man in. Who can build for the new season!!!

2TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 11:19

glassboypaul

Stourman1 wrote:It's time the board came out and did something. I'm fed up with Gary deserves the right for a bad season???
We all know managers our bad results away from the sack. Gary is no different. The clubs gone stale, we need to build again and unfortunately Gary isn't the man. Yes he's a proud nan but Gary if you read this step down for the good of Stourbridge and let's get another man in. Who can build for the new season!!!

He is on the board, that is the problem. I don't think the club has gone stale - progress has been excellent off the pitch (just look around the ground next time you go to see the improvement) but sadly on the pitch progress has gone backwards.

That rests with the manager, I do not think the club has gone stale.

3TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 12:40

brockmoor

brockmoor

The manager on the board scenario decision simply beggars belief as far as I'm concerned. I thought it was a joke when I found this out many months ago. Serious questions need to be asked of the chairman and board members to why this was allowed to happen in the first place. At very worst it was a terrible case of shortsightedness.

I don't get the Gary deserves another season argument. GH has done a great job for a number of years but the past 18 months or so have hardly been inspiring. Lessons are not being learned and management decisions get more baffling as the weeks and months go by.

We started the season okay results wise, although performances haven't been great over all. No mention was made of the 'harder Northern League' at this point I remember! The wheels had started to come off well before Christmas and since then results and performances have been horrid over all.

Since mid-December we have played 24 games.
We have won just 4 against Witton (H), Stamford (A), Matlock (H) Ramsbottom (A)
Hardly inspiring stuff is it!

This is from a team that reached the play-offs last season (luckily all be it due to Poole's reductions of points, the season before we finished second).
A team who were hoping for similar this season before a ball was kicked.

To much has been made of the new league, for me it is no tougher than the Southern League.

Over 50 players registered, yet we still have players out of position? Yesterday we played the first half with one up front. Why that one was even on the pitch after his substitute sulking heroics in past months is anyone's guess anyway.

Only players to come out with any credit yesterday were Broadhurst, Knight & Smikle.

And guess what...
All three were playing out of position!

Enough is enough.

4TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 13:12

Aled

Ok I probably should quantify my statement that he has earned a bad season:

1. It is a belief of mine that he deserves more time, just my opinion, perhaps i've more patience than others?

2. Be careful what you wish for an all that.

That's it, no more no less. I'm not going to defend yesterdays pathetic baboons balls of a crapfest.

I still think that some of our support have never been able to get used to the fact we're playing crap. Call it the Leamington syndrome if you will. I'm not having a pop, and i'm not suggesting for a second that this season has been ok, because it hasn't. I expected mid table, no more, but I didn't expect the low standard of football.

That said, those of us who've been around pre 2001 have seen far worse performances and seasons.

This, in my ever so humble opinion, is a blip, albeit a rather prolonged one.

5TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 13:23

Stourman1

Wow if you think this is a blip then I'm not sure what planet your on. It's time for a change, everyone likes Gary, he's done great but he's exhausted his player database for me. No new young fresh players coming in other than laite. We need a new management team in next season will give the whole place a massive lift.

6TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 13:30

Aled

Stourman1 wrote:Wow if you think this is a blip then I'm not sure what planet your on. It's time for a change, everyone likes Gary, he's done great but he's exhausted his player database for me. No new young fresh players coming in other than laite. We need a new management team in next season will give the whole place a massive lift.

Yes I do thinks it's a blip. He's been one of the all time great Stour managers, i'm not prepared to discard him as quickly as some on here. It never ceases to amaze me how some posters disappear, only to re-surface when there's something to gripe about.

Given your stance Stourman, who do you want in then and why?

7TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 14:05

glassboypaul

Aled wrote:
Stourman1 wrote:Wow if you think this is a blip then I'm not sure what planet your on. It's time for a change, everyone likes Gary, he's done great but he's exhausted his player database for me. No new young fresh players coming in other than laite. We need a new management team in next season will give the whole place a massive lift.

Yes I do thinks it's a blip. He's been one of the all time great Stour managers, i'm not prepared to discard him as quickly as some on here. It never ceases to amaze me how some posters disappear, only to re-surface when there's something to gripe about.

This is what I was trying to say earlier on in the season, probably badly put by me whereas you put it so well.

Someone suggested Holleran - if that's not a better example of "be careful what you wish for", I don't know what is. It would be taking twenty steps backwards in my opinion.

A lot of people calling for change may well be fans of local league clubs who have at the very least a handful of experienced, out of work managers who will come for an interview. How many people of Gary's experience or better do people imagine there are hanging around the local vicinity?

And please, don't suggest Holleran!

8TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 14:12

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:

Aled,if you had a life as sad as mine you'd have the time to trawl back through my many supportive post's of Gary over the last year,seeing as you have more of a 'life" i'll summarise why i'm getting narky over the situation.

Me and a few other's have commented about the training regime at the club for ages now,playing 5 a side into full sized goal's by the side of the clubhouse is a joke at this level,it's not even Sunday League standard of training.

The main pitch get's treated with more reverence than Wembley's turf or the lawn's at Buckingham Palace,it should be utilised week in and week out to drill the side because it's clear to all we do not have a definitive style of play.

Not only that,we are poor at defending set pieces and not that great as scoring from them apart from the odd Canavan beauty,no wonder Coleman look's like someone has lobbed a hand grenade into the box whenever a deep cross or corner or long throw is launched,the bloke get's so little chance t practice that part of his art.

I'm not on my own in thinking that there's very little useful input on match day's from our ever burgeoning bench,i see a tired bunch of individuals who seem to have lost their way.To be perfectly frank i've never understood why we actually need so many back room staff,surely a manager and first team coach of quality are what's needed.

I feel that we need a fresh,new respected coach at the very least,new ideas an impitus are needed.

I really hope Gary resigns from the board and brings in a new person to assist him if he want's to have another go next season,the "status quo" is clearly not working.

9TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 14:37

Aled

DA, i'm not having a dig at you, or Brockmoor for that matter. You fellas wear your heart on your sleeves, say what you feel, and don't hide behind any of it. You're regularly on here, and have been positive, supportive, constructive and critical of many aspects of SFC, I don't always agree with you, but it would be dull on here without you.

I get a little peeved when some posters only come on here to take a swipe, and you can see from the number of posts that's true. Even so, we're all entitled to our opinions. Vive la difference!

For what it's worth, I agree with a hell of a lot of what you and Brocky have said, we differ only on whether it's time for Gary to depart.

Match aside, I enjoyed yesterday, the atmosphere was good, and I had a good laugh with Brockmoor and Baz with the sort of gallows humour that keeps us all going at times like these!

10TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 15:26

Devil's Advocate

Aled wrote:DA, i'm not having a dig at you, or Brockmoor for that matter. You fellas wear your heart on your sleeves, say what you feel, and don't hide behind any of it. You're regularly on here, and have been positive, supportive, constructive and critical of many aspects of SFC, I don't always agree with you, but it would be dull on here without you.

I get a little peeved when some posters only come on here to take a swipe, and you can see from the number of posts that's true. Even so, we're all entitled to our opinions. Vive la difference!

For what it's worth, I agree with a hell of a lot of what you and Brocky have said, we differ only on whether it's time for Gary to depart.

Match aside, I enjoyed yesterday, the atmosphere was good, and I had a good laugh with Brockmoor and Baz with the sort of gallows humour that keeps us all going at times like these!

No probs Aled,i didn't for one minute take it as a dig mate,i'm awaiting the return of Rasam to pick up that particular baton Razz

11TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 15:51

baz

What about that person with dungarees Aled? And I think he was a Halesowen fan! As for TCP well I asked him who he was supporting today,to be met with a lot of swear words! I noticed he accosted Ian Pilkington as well,just read an article from Express and Star online on about minor problems after the match,sounded like good old sensationalism journalism at its best!

12TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 16:07

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

baz wrote:What about that person with dungarees Aled? And I think he was a Halesowen fan! As for TCP well I asked him who he was supporting today,to be met with a lot of swear words! I noticed he accosted Ian Pilkington as well,just read an article from Express and Star online on about minor problems after the match,sounded like good old sensationalism journalism at its best!

The problems at the end of the match were schoolboy handbags,over zealous stewardship(particularly from one of our own)and a few stones being thrown at the number 9.
Seen worse in a school playground.

13TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 17:00

baz

I did hear a stour fan got thrown out for swearing! I was told this by a regular stour steward who gave me a bit of a warning after I had a few words with Benbow! I just wonder who told the stewards to throw people out if are swearing? Maybe Brian knows?

14TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 17:06

baz

Just to remind folks why I had a few words with Benbow,as well as playing Saturday he played 45 mins for his Sunday team as well tbf he may of been the scapegoat but what should of happened was he should of been dropped and let Josh start.

15TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 17:15

Jack

Jack
Admin

The stewaring was nothing more than a farce yesterday. They caused the whole issue at the end of the game.

They failed to make sure Halesowen fans left their end and then decided to rile up a group of fans.

Jobsworth power hungry individuals.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

16TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 17:40

Baggiestour

Jobsworth power hungry individuals???
That's cheap , stour and hales fans were all for having a knock which really is disgusting bearing in mind there was a group of under nines in that stand plus older folk that could have got caught up in it.
Then there was that prick that decided to push me and using language that no women and children should have to listen to (c..t word) then I am led to believe he was the one who threw a lit flare from outside the ground into the stand,now I wasn't at that end when this happened but I am reliably informed by a club official that it was the one we threw out and that he is going to be banned for life , and so he should because he put innocent people at risk of injury.
I can't talk for the stour stewards at the end of the game because as I say I wasn't there but we are only there to keep supporters and staff safe and that's what we tried to do , nothing to do with being jobsworth power hungry individuals

17TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 17:42

Jack

Jack
Admin

Wasn't referring to you at all Alan! You dealt with me personally in a polite and professional manner pal. Very Happy

18TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 17:54

Baggiestour

Ok mate, thank you.

19TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 18:41

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Baggiestour wrote:Jobsworth power hungry individuals???
That's cheap , stour and hales fans were all for having a knock which really is disgusting bearing in mind there was a group of under nines in that stand plus older folk that could have got caught up in it.
Then there was that prick that decided to push me and using language that no women and children should have to listen to (c..t word) then I am led to believe he was the one who threw a lit flare from outside the ground into the stand,now I wasn't at that end when this happened but I am reliably informed by a club official that it was the one we threw out and that he is going to be banned for life , and so he should because he put innocent people at risk of injury.
I can't talk for the stour stewards at the end of the game because as I say I wasn't there but we are only there to keep supporters and staff safe and that's what we tried to do , nothing to do with being jobsworth power hungry individuals

Alan.....just a couple of points and this isn't a dig at yourself because as a person you're a top bloke.
The lad who got thrown out for swearing did NOT throw the smoke bomb he was at the other end of the ground talking to my ten year old through the gate.
He got thrown out for swearing.....good grief has it really come to this because if so then you will throw our three quarters of the crowd every game including the likes of myself,Ulster,happy hammer,Josh etc.
Yeh the language is crude but that's what you expect at football,my two young children hear it but I bring them up not to repeat it. It's unfortunately one of those things.
The ejected lad came back in five minutes from the end to try and plead his case only to be dealt with by extremely zealous stewardship....this is what caused all the problems at the end....
I attempted to move the group of lads from the stewards only to be told by a steward that we were all dickheads.....I'm glad I had my children with me because this kept me relatively calm.
If Stour ban the lad thrown out when only hearing one side then I won't attend another home game,hence losing three loyal fans who plough good money into the club.

20TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 18:43

Jack

Jack
Admin

Couldn't put it any better. That lad has been one of my best mates for years. He is no Angel, however he did absolutely nothing wrong yesterday.

21TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 19:43

Brian Handy

baz wrote:I did hear a stour fan got thrown out for swearing! I was told this by a regular stour steward who gave me a bit of a warning after I had a few words with Benbow! I just wonder who told the stewards to throw people out if are swearing? Maybe Brian knows?

Just to confirm we were given no instructions regarding throwing people out if they are swearing. I was not aware anyone had been thrown out for swearing, only for setting off a flare. I was in the shed the first half with the stour fans and did not see or hear anything untoward. Apparently (so I am told) a fan ran the pitch behind the Stour goal but from my position I was unaware of that incident until I was told about it at half time.

For myself , I applied the same rules as I always do, if it is over offensive (I am sure you know the type of words I mean without spelling them out) or in the hearing of ladies or children or other fans request I have a word, then that is what I will do, have a quiet word and ask the person to moderate their language and point out why. This works 99 times out of a 100 because most people swear out of anger and frustration and are genuinely sorry if they cause others offence.

Personally, as a Steward I can only reiterate that I am there to help everyone enjoy the game and the atmosphere in a safe environment.

Hope that helps.

22TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 20:08

stoursi

The demise of the team has been coming a long time. The best team we had was the team that failed to make the play offs. We knew Rowey would leave but we never strength that team when we should have. Whether that is down to Gary who didn't want or we couldn't we will never know.

Last season as someone has said we made the play offs because of points deductions to Poole we also had loads of pens that Sean scored would have made a difference.

This season for me apart from early season has been crap. Players playing out of position and in and out of the team has to be one mistake made. Injuries to Ben and Louis haven't helped and these players are in my opinion are hard to find. Yes we have used to many players Gary should have stuck with some to give them confidence. Certain players missing matches doesn't help either.

The answer I don't know but one thing is we need a reserve side. Sorry Baz but our youth team ain't good enough in this league. If you want them in the team then we have to drop down two divisions for them to succeed. As far as I know stour youth best player in recent never made the team until he came on loan.

We have to think what got us to where we are now. A good set of local players who play for each other and give everything for each other. That's what Gary needs to find again.

23TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 20:58

glassboypaul

I have to say, I think it is a little harsh to say we only made the playoffs because of Poole's points deduction.

I am sure we would have won at Hitchin on the final day if we'd had to win.

24TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 21:00

glassboypaul

We should all boycott the express and star, load of crap.

And the guardian whilst we're at it.

25TIMES UP!!! Empty Re: TIMES UP!!! Tue Apr 07 2015, 21:55

baz

Thank you for that Brian

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum