Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brummies away

+13
Baggiestour
brockmoor
redpike
glassboypaul
Jack
dave w
Paranoid Android
Aled
barnstoneworth
oldhillglassboy
samhistory
Devil's Advocate
Tricky Tree
17 posters

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Go down  Message [Page 2 of 2]

26Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 22:20

Aled

And therein lies the crux of our predicament gentlemen. Change now achieves nothing, and I stick to my guns that Gary has earned the right to have a bad season. I believe he can turn it around and should be given until at least Christmas, and he gets my full backing in the meantime. He seems to be at a point where nothing he does works, forget this season, and see where we are then.

Today was a shocker, we simply didn't turn up. I can accept defeat, but the reality is, they are a poor side going through a similar run of poor form, yet we made them look like Brazil 70.

What I can't accept, is the apparent lack of effort or desire in front of 1700 people. Yes it's an end if season game to all intents and purpose, but to put in a lacklustre shift like that in a derby is unacceptable.

It's gone now, I'm in a stinking mood, but I wish Gary et al all the best for the rest of the year, and hope we're all eating humble pie for Christmas pudding!

27Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 22:21

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Devil we've been saying for months that Gary should resign from the board because if he doesn't then surely Andy is going to be left with no alternative but to boot him out.
As you say,this shouldn't happen again.

28Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 22:35

Devil's Advocate

Tricky Tree wrote:Devil we've been saying for months that Gary should resign from the board because if he doesn't then surely Andy is going to be left with no alternative but to boot him out.
As you say,this shouldn't happen again.

Andy P is too nice a bloke Ethan,he won't turn on Gary and tell him to resign from the board or the manager's job,either scenario will only happen if Gary decides to make those decision's in my opinion.

29Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 22:50

samhistory

samhistory

Have to agree with Aled, one bad season doesn't make Gary a bad manager, the acid test will be next season when we see whether or not he's learnt from this seasons shambles.

30Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 22:54

Devil's Advocate

samhistory wrote:Have to agree with Aled, one bad season doesn't make Gary a bad manager, the acid test will be next season when we see whether or not he's learnt from this seasons shambles.

So your happy with the manager on the board of director's Sam?

Do you not think relinquishing that position would be a good start ready for next season?

31Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 23:06

samhistory

samhistory

I don't think that Gary should be on the board of directors, nor that he should ever have been in the first place, there needs to be a distinction between Gary in his role of manager and that of Gary being part of the club "establishment" - sorry i don't know the correct technical wording.  I do think that he should relinquish his role on the board and be judged on his performance as a manager on a longer term basis than one bad season.

32Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 23:09

Devil's Advocate

samhistory wrote:I don't think that Gary should be on the board of directors, nor that he should ever have been in the first place, there needs to be a distinction between Gary in his role of manager and that of Gary being part of the club "establishment" - sorry i don't know the correct technical wording.  I do think that he should relinquish his role on the board and be judged on his performance as a manager on a longer term basis than one bad season.

My position exactly Sam.

There need's to be distance created to help the situation resolve itself in a more natural way.

33Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 23:38

dave w

I don't think Gary should be sacked but I do think that having a manager with too much power leads to problems eventually. When things are going well success can hide a lot of failings but when it slows down the lack of, for want of a better phrase, checks and balances become evident. Unless I'm mistaken we have a comparatively inexperienced management team off the field and I wonder if the biggest loss of the last year or two hasn't been Sean Geddes, Ryan Rowe or any other player, it's been Algy.

34Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 01:06

YeltzRob

Really not here to gloat... I've seen on a few social media sites that a few morons seemed to have spoilt what was a terrific day with their behaviour in and around the ground. Can I just say we had a few chavvy upstarts in The Shed today (only seen them once all season) and we tried hard to drown out their pathetic chants about Gary Hackett. Please do not think this was all Halesowen fans. I actually made a point of speaking to Gary the game to apologise for these numpties as did other Yeltzmen and women.

I know you had your fair share of idiot chavs there as well and they had a go at defacing some of our flags in the shed when they were moved. I think the rest of us 1,700 had a good day in the sunshine without a bit of bother or trouble. A great crowd between two sides with nothing really to play for is outstanding. Well done to all concerned, especially the Stour fans in the bar after the game who were a credit to your club, shook hands and discussed the game over a beer... just as it should be.

All being well we'll both be in the NPL next together...

...we can finish above you then as well ;-) (Ok, I had to have one dig didn't I?)

35Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 05:52

Jack

Jack
Admin

For me, that was the worst gutless display I've ever seen from a Stour team. The backlash on here says it all. We were utterly horrendous. It was a disgrace. A lot has got to be done this summer. Not going to go into individual performances because there were none. But, I did feel extremely sorry for Luke yesterday. There's only so much you can do by yourself up front with no service.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

36Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 06:10

baz

As stated by other people this Gary on the board situation need resolving,Stourbridge is a business and as it is struggling changes need making,i think Gary should stop another season but others around him maybe time to move on,notice we had another coach warming the players up,any idea who he is? Jack,Luke should of not started,i was told by a reliable source he played 45 mins for his Sunday team,why not start with Josh? Also Gary went to look at the Telford job few months ago,Leamington forum think maybe do a swop with Holleran,stranger things have happened in football!!

37Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 07:51

Aled

Holleran?! Pray God that never happens. I know it's not been pretty of late, but I prefer to see football played on the pitch.

He took Leamington up with a not unsubstantial budget, but has failed to develop them further and establish them at ConfN level.

Gary is the right man for me, and I've no doubt at all he will know when he isn't. Come on folks, get behind him. One bad season doth not a bad manager make.

Up the Glassboys!

Last edited by Aled on Tue Apr 07 2015, 10:13; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : typo)

38Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 08:02

Aled

Didn't see any bother at the game myself YeltzRob. There were a few gobby 'yoofs' in the shed that clearly had taken advantage of the cider bar but aside from that they didn't appear to cause any trouble.

Didn't quite understand their apparent dislike of Gary but they looked too young to remember he actually played for you at one point (we've just about forgiven him).

The flare was a bit daft but that aside, all seemed to pass smoothly. With 1700 there on a sunny day there was bound to be a handful of titheads, I wouldn't give them any airtime mate.

You thoroughly deserved the win, I hope we provide a sterner test next season!

39Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 15:55

BonViveur

http://www.expressandstar.com/opinion/trusted-voices/saul-cooke-black/2015/04/07/easter-monday-black-country-match-marred-by-violence/

Massively over the top this. We walked straight past the groups squaring up to each other outside the main entrance and not a punch was thrown. Just a few morons, the same few bouncing around in the shed for the first 20 minutes before the stewards moved them on.

Incidentally I was on the bus with the 'elderly gentleman' on - a few pebbles thrown by the chavs as the bus began to drive off.

A silly over reaction and it didn't and shouldn't tarnish what was (result aside) a good day out.

40Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 17:07

Jack

Jack
Admin

The story has been removed.

Don't quite appreciate being called a moron BV! We were behind the goal our team were attacking. We were asked to move by BS on here before anything happened for everyone's safety-that we did. Not sure where that constitutes being a moron.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

41Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 19:50

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

LEON BROADHURST 11 votes

Brian Smikle 5

Chris Knight 3

Richard Drewitt 1
(apparently his running on and off the pitch was excellent Very Happy )

No one deserving 1

Winner of the wine was RICHARD CLARK.

Thanks to all who took part, apologies if I did not get to see some of the regular customers.

42Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 20:37

Paranoid Android

Aled wrote:Holleran?! Pray God that never happens. I know it's not been pretty of late, but I prefer to see football played on the pitch.

He took Leamington up with a not unsubstantial budget, but has failed to develop them further and establish them at ConfN level.

Gary is the right man for me, and I've no doubt at all he will know when he isn't. Come on folks, get behind him. One bad season doth not a bad manager make.

Up the Glassboys!

Well said,Aled.

43Brummies away - Page 2 Empty Re: Brummies away Tue Apr 07 2015, 20:54

glassboypaul

Another local paper just after a few sales rather than reporting the facts.

Have never forgiven the Stourbridge News after the sensationalist bollocks they published before the big FA Cup home games.

The express and star now joins the list of papers I will never read or buy.

No wonder it has been removed, they could have been held liable for libel had it been published in print.

A disgusting way to treat local non league clubs.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 2 of 2]

Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum