Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Brummies away

+13
Baggiestour
brockmoor
redpike
glassboypaul
Jack
dave w
Paranoid Android
Aled
barnstoneworth
oldhillglassboy
samhistory
Devil's Advocate
Tricky Tree
17 posters

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 2]

1Brummies away Empty Brummies away Sun Apr 05 2015, 17:44

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Let's have some thoughts then folks.
I say 2-1 to Stour,we've got to beat this ramshackle mob to give us one bright spark for the season.

2Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Sun Apr 05 2015, 18:35

Devil's Advocate

3-1 to the "unwashed".

That's them by the way!

3Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Sun Apr 05 2015, 18:49

samhistory

samhistory

brummies 0 Stourbridge 3

attendance 1360

unwashed locals calling for the head of tactical/managerial genius John Hill and wanting him replaced by Gary Hackett.

4Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Sun Apr 05 2015, 19:45

Devil's Advocate

samhistory wrote:brummies 0 Stourbridge 3

attendance 1360

unwashed locals calling for the head of tactical/managerial genius John Hill and wanting him replaced by Gary Hackett.

I'll eat my underpants if the latter occurs.

5Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Sun Apr 05 2015, 20:15

oldhillglassboy

I hope it passes off well off the pitch and is a great occasion - like boxing day. I think the football itself will struggle to live up to the hype, both sides in the relegation zone on the form table and the grove pitch is bad, so I do not expect a classic.

6Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Sun Apr 05 2015, 23:17

barnstoneworth

barnstoneworth

With DA on this one; not optimistic but will be more than happy to be proved wrong.

7Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 00:31

Aled

2-1 Stour. Easy.

8Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 13:01

Paranoid Android

3-2 to the Mighty Glassboys.

9Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 15:14

dave w

Not there = nailed-on three points.

10Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 15:29

Devil's Advocate

dave w wrote:Not there = nailed-on three points.

Not after 30 minutes it isn't Dave Mad

11Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 17:17

Jack

Jack
Admin

Gutless performance. Belting day.

https://glassboys.forumotion.com

12Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 17:27

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Absolute total dross....no passion and no desire from players and management team alike.
If Gary can't fire his players up for a game like this he needs to stand down.

13Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 17:29

Aled

Not a good day....totty watch was good though.

14Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 17:39

dave w

Devil's Advocate wrote:
dave w wrote:Not there = nailed-on three points.

Not after 30 minutes it isn't Dave Mad

Nostradamus, me.

15Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 17:58

samhistory

samhistory

Oh deary, deary me, what an gutless, spineless, passionless, inept performance, against the your uncle is your brother, your sister is your mother......etc, 6 fingered, 6 toed manky mob of all people. An hour and a half of my life i'll never get back. Can't think of anyone who put in a half decent performance. I want to think that lots of lessons have been learnt this season, that won't be repeated again.

COYG

16Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 18:04

glassboypaul

A disgraceful performance today, absolutely no passion or pride; which has been present in every previous Halesowen game under Gary's reign - even if we lost, or played fairly poorly, at least the players cared.

The faster this season ends the better. Only in the final two home games do we seemingly have a hope of picking up any points based on today's performance.

No shame in losing 1-0 on Saturday to a tough side but to turn up like we did today, in front of a massive crowd, was a total and utter disgrace.

17Brummies away Empty Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 18:18

redpike

Apart from Leon's captain's performance, difficult to find any plusses. Let's all be honest - we were dire!

Although conditions were difficult, Halesowen wanted the ball far more than us and we nearly always came off second best.

Going in at the interval just one down left me with a bit of optimism for the second half but nothing happened. We never looked like scoring. Luke B is going through a nightmare spell and should be rested. Their goalkeeper won't have many more easier afternoons.

Reality checks are coming nearly every week now and, although it's stating the bleedin' obvious, we are but a shadow of the teams of the last few seasons.

18Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 19:04

Aled

I must confess, that totty aside, the flip side was that there was an impressive number of strange folk present today. Never before have I been called an inbred from a 50 something bloke wearing dungarees lol

19Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 19:36

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Aled wrote:I must confess, that totty aside, the flip side was that there was an impressive number of strange folk present today. Never before have I been called an inbred from a 50 something bloke wearing dungarees lol

He was an absolute darling warnt he Aled.
Made tcp look almost normal.

20Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 19:41

brockmoor

brockmoor

An utter a disgrace from start to finish. Im sick to the back teeth of utter dross and no doubt the upcoming excuses from the management.

It is beyond me how we can have registered the best part of 50 players in a season, yet we still have players out of position. We were out battled from start to finish today. Our formation of one up front in the first half was a joke, after five minutes a fool could see this wasnt working, but no we persisted with it till half time. How we went in just 1-0 down I will never know.

It's been time for a change for a while now. I partly understand why GH wont walk, his a proud man and is getting a decent wage at Stour. And there is the dilemma, if Gary wont walk and his good friend Mr Chairman will not get rid. We indeed find ourselves in this predicament.

Something needs to give otherwise we can look forward to a possible relegation battle next season.

21Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 19:51

oldhillglassboy

There's losing and there's losing, so many poor performances this season, but in a game of this magnitude I feel very let down by this debacle. I saw plenty of  passion and desire from Halesowen, very little from us, all the more galling after saturday's performance.

They dominated from the first minute and should have won by a wider margin, Haseley trying to go himself when he should have passed on a couple of occasions, the penalty was very clear cut, we really struggled to deal with the corners and long throw ins.  Lait's shot was about the only time we featured in a match we struggled to stay second best in a two horse race.

Sad to see a fan ejected in the first half and the two flare incidents, fantasic crowd again though, I hope that can be kept going in future years.

Keep supporting is all we can do, we've had a lot of thick in recent seasons and are now suffering plenty of thin.  We may not get another point the way it's going but what I hope to see is some desire in the  performances, because today was a surrender.

22Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 21:03

Devil's Advocate

Earth calling Stour,Earth calling Stour......hello,is there anybody there at the club listening!?

I was one of the lucky one's,i missed the match due to being away so i've relied on opinion's of respected mates who texted me about the match and performance.....sorry,non performance.

Let's get real about this absolute "cluster ----" of a shambles,it's been brewing over this whole season due to bad decision after bad decision within the club.

the last 14 leave matches have resulted in won 1,drawn 5 lost 8,a total of 8 points from 14 games.

The last 22 matches since just before Xmas have gleaned 4 wins,6 draws and 12 defeats,thats 18 points from a possible 66 points from 22 matches = absolutely pathetic.

50+ players on the book's this season,new side after new side and thing's just get worse and worse,the only thing that never changes is the coaching and management team,the word "fireproof" hardly describes them adequately!

I said a few weeks ago that i thought Gary should make changes to his assistant/s,the whole thing need's shaking up but one of three reason's is getting in the way of this.

1/ Stubborness.

2/ Blinding loyalty towards mates.

3/ An uncomfortable boardroom scenario.

The silence from the Chairman and his vice Chairman in the past four months has been deafening,not a sausage in the press or media from either about the declining situation at the club.

It's okay to take the rightful plaudits when thing's are going well on the pitch,when a grant has been gained to help progress the club and to take the due credit when improvements are made to the ground BUT there is also the need to be visible when thing's are going down the pan.

I repeat what i said a few weeks ago,the club need's an identity that is clearly defined,it either need's to be stated that we are a club that encourages local youth ( the Crewe of non league football if you like ) and we then make it clear that we are all about youth and we live with the fact that promotion is not our main aim OR we take a completely fresh look at the whole thing and work out exactly what we need to do to progress to Conference North.

We are still in danger of not even being at this level of football next season and with our budget and war chest that is simply not acceptable in my opinion.

Something need's to change but who's going to be brave enough to make those decision's because as sure as hell,somebody need's to and fast!

23Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 21:43

Baggiestour

What I saw today was a lack of passion,commitment and any pattern to our play.we never strung three passes together and only had one shot on goal in 90 mins.
This as I have said on numerous occasions has been coming for the last 18 months and before glassboy says I have an agenda,zzzzzzz,I think what GH and his team have done for the club over the years is commendable.
The use of 50 players this season shows he has tried everything and no one can ever question his work rate and effort, and the injuries haven't helped.but how many other clubs have tried 50 different players , those clubs also have to put up with injuries.he never plays the same team twice and he changed the formation three times today, no wonder all the players looked confused .
It all smacks to me of desperation, he has dismantled the best team we had for many a year and brought in sub standard players so he has to carry the can for that.
I don't think sacking him now would change anything because a new manager would still have to work with a load of players who simply are not good enough.i know that makes me sound like I have turned but the timing now is not right.
I have to agree with DA about freshening up the backroom staff just to see if that has an effect but more importantly we have a very good youth team so use the last few games to blood some of them before we lose them to other clubs and give them an incentive.
Well that's my rant over

24Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 21:53

glassboypaul

I don't think we are in any danger of being relegated, but as you say DA it's a terrible situation we are in right now.

I could have accepted if for a month or so after Geddes going and Ben and Louis' injuries, if our form had dipped as we were forced to adjust. I wouldn't have minded some poorer results as we tried to rebuild in the immediate aftermath of the loss of a key player, if it picked up afterwards.

Those three players have often been quoted by Gary as reasons for why this season generally hasn't lived up to expectations.

However, the periods immediately after Geddes' departure and Ben's injury, ironically (and I hasten to add not because of those events) turned out to be amongst our best periods of the season when we actually won some games in a row! So that excuse isn't valid in my opinion.

What on earth has happened in 2015. Only one home win (albeit we can count Ilkeston as a win as was conned out of it by an inept lino), and there have been no major injuries, just a constant carousel of players.

Only Leon, Chris Knight and Brown have remained constants pretty much throughout. What a surprise, they're our best players of the season by far.

In fairness to Gary - if Benbow had been playing as we know he can, I am sure we would have picked up more points - but then again it is down to the management team to have a Plan B in the event of the form of a key player taking a nosedive.

Even if you accepted the player departures, injuries, suspensions, etc. as valid reasons for a whole season being a disappointment, there is absolutely no excuse for a lack of commitment and effort in a local derby with hundreds of Stour fans there.

As people have said before on here - having a manager as a director is great when the going is good, but quickly gets the club into a sticky situation in the event of things going off plan.

I appreciate it is probably futile now to change things - we are 5 games from the finishing line and we aren't going anywhere - but the club needs to use the summer to have a long and hard think about how we can prevent 2015/16 continuing from where this one left off.

25Brummies away Empty Re: Brummies away Mon Apr 06 2015, 22:11

Devil's Advocate

glassboypaul wrote:I don't think we are in any danger of being relegated, but as you say DA it's a terrible situation we are in right now.

I could have accepted if for a month or so after Geddes going and Ben and Louis' injuries, if our form had dipped as we were forced to adjust. I wouldn't have minded some poorer results as we tried to rebuild in the immediate aftermath of the loss of a key player, if it picked up afterwards.

Those three players have often been quoted by Gary as reasons for why this season generally hasn't lived up to expectations.

However, the periods immediately after Geddes' departure and Ben's injury, ironically (and I hasten to add not because of those events) turned out to be amongst our best periods of the season when we actually won some games in a row! So that excuse isn't valid in my opinion.

What on earth has happened in 2015. Only one home win (albeit we can count Ilkeston as a win as was conned out of it by an inept lino), and there have been no major injuries, just a constant carousel of players.

Only Leon, Chris Knight and Brown have remained constants pretty much throughout. What a surprise, they're our best players of the season by far.

In fairness to Gary - if Benbow had been playing as we know he can, I am sure we would have picked up more points - but then again it is down to the management team to have a Plan B in the event of the form of a key player taking a nosedive.

Even if you accepted the player departures, injuries, suspensions, etc. as valid reasons for a whole season being a disappointment, there is absolutely no excuse for a lack of commitment and effort in a local derby with hundreds of Stour fans there.

As people have said before on here - having a manager as a director is great when the going is good, but quickly gets the club into a sticky situation in the event of things going off plan.

I appreciate it is probably futile now to change things - we are 5 games from the finishing line and we aren't going anywhere - but the club needs to use the summer to have a long and hard think about how we can prevent 2015/16 continuing from where this one left off.

A good post Paul but your bottom line is the most telling one.

Who at the club has got the ball's to make the hard decision's?

It's all mates within mates from the top down to the fitness coach so would you want to ruin long term personal relationships by fronting up to close friend's and telling them to "shape up or ship out",the whole situation is very uncomfortable.

If i was Gary i would call a board meeting and resign my position on the board with immediate effect.

This would do two things,

1/ It would show great personal integrity

2/ It would give the rest of the board the space in which to breath and consider thing's without the pressure of the manager sat amongst them.

I can't see another way forward other than this.

One thing is for certain,this manager on the board scenario should never be allowed to be repeated in the future.

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 2]

Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum