Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Stourbridge Football Club-Unofficial Forum

The latest views on the Glassboys

You are not connected. Please login or register

Witton away

5 posters

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Witton away  Empty Witton away Tue Mar 03 2015, 23:15

Baggiestour

Still stick with Hackett ?...

2Witton away  Empty Re: Witton away Wed Mar 04 2015, 11:25

Devil's Advocate

Baggiestour wrote:Still stick with Hackett ?...

I'm away on holiday so i didn't go last night but i spoke with someone who did and he described the performance as "pathetic",and this against a side in the bottom four at the start of the evening,after this win they are ten points behind us as are Ramsbottom who have six games in hand over us.

Our form since 16th December has been very poor,overall we've won 3 drawn 4 lost 9 and in just league matches we've won 3 drawn 4 lost 7,that's 13 points from a possible 42 points in 14 matches and many of those matches in recent weeks against the most lowly sides in the division.

In the last 6 matches its won none,drawn 3 lost three for a total of just 3 points from a possible 18 points with 4 of those matches against lowly teams.

Even in the last couple of weeks there have been statements made by the manager in the local press about the play offs "not being beyond us" but there is no evidence in the team performances that this would be remotely possible,on the contrary,if the players don't get a few performances in quickly and the management get a proper grip we could get sucked into a relegation scrap.

As for the management situation.

At the open meeting i asked Gary in front of everybody about his position on the club board of director's because i was confused as to how future managerial changes could ever be made with Gary being the board,turkey's "don't vote for Xmas" was the scenario that i put to him.

Gary's reply to me was,"I won't need to be told when to go,I myself will know" etc,etc.

I'd like to think that as a man of undoubted integrity,Gary will know in his heart when that moment arrives.

Gary is by all accounts a very loyal man and good on him for that but maybe,just maybe he needs to think about making changes to his two assistants in a bid to bring some freshness and new ideas to the coaching and match day dynamic.

I think it's fair to suggest that Gary deserves this one horrible season out of 11 seasons in charge as long as that doesn't result in relegation BUT,if next season end's up being a replica of this season with almost 50 signings and 40 getting to wear the shirt plus the continued insipid displays then at that point a change really will need to be seriously considered.

3Witton away  Empty Re: Witton away Wed Mar 04 2015, 15:53

Tricky Tree

Tricky Tree

Can't say fairer than that.

4Witton away  Empty Re: Witton away Wed Mar 04 2015, 16:07

Brian Handy

Man of the Match voting was as follows;

KAYELDEN BROWN 6
Dean Coleman 5
Brian Smikle 3
Chris Lait 1
Leon Broadhurst 1

Wine was won by ANDY HILL

Thanks to all who took part.

5Witton away  Empty Re: Witton away Wed Mar 04 2015, 16:47

baz

Having not attended many away games due to work was nice to get on the battle bus to Witton.A nice journey up there,considering was the M6,had heard a few rumours were gonna be some changes to the team and less said about that the better after the first half! Second half we changed things around for the better with Brown on for Knight,due to a dead leg I believe,we get a goal back and then the plonker Hales gets sent off but we still were dangerous and had a couple of good chances to equalise,Witton had a good chance as well as we're trying to catch us out on the counter attack,funny incident tho the goalie decided he needed a leak during the second half,he decided to water the goalpost,it was a cold night!

Sponsored content

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]